“Great food, great experience!”
Review of Arigato - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Arigato
Cuisines: Asian
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great food, great experience!”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We love this place!! We go at least a couple times a month. We were hesitant at first, because our first hibachi experience since moving to Lancaster (Ichiban) was absolutely horrible. We love that it's BYOB, as it definitely keeps the cost down. Our experience is with the hibachi side only, and cannot comment on the dining room side. We usually get the dinner for two, and some sushi, and it's around $40. In our experience, that's a great deal for Hibachi. The dinner for two is served in 3 courses and includes: soup, salad, shrimp, chicken, steak, noodles, vegetables, and fried rice. The portions are generous, and we usually have leftovers. The food is awesome, and fried rice is included with your meal. A lot of places charge extra for that. The chefs are great, and always make amazing food. The sushi is one of the best places we have found in the area. I would highly recommend Arigato.

• Visited November 2012

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Last minute choice.....$$$$”
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

#1. just avg. food- nothing special with taste
#2. cost was high- $90.00 for 3 people and No alcohol (no liquor license)
#3. good service- place was empty so service should have been good.
#4. empty parking lot and empty restaurant.
#5. BYOB
6#. the place was clean

Jerry ehrlich from the great City of Philadelphia

“The Golden Mules Love Arigato”
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

We up and went to the big city of Lancaster, PA to pick up Cousin Stoltzfuz. The buggy lost a spoke in front of one of those highbachi places with the Japanese stuff. Well, I ain't never ate no raw fish, except in survival school, but the highbachi food was good. I had steak with rice and veggies. It was a good deal for all the food. My English friend told me to try the sushi and I liked it but would rather eat the cooked stuff. The owner cooked our food, and he was very nice. That steak was so tasty. It was better than Aunt Martha's steak! I will take a bath next time I go there and bring a bottle of Amos's home made brew.
I will try to get up there to the city once a month and eat at Arigato. Heck yeah.

“My favorite”
Reviewed 11 December 2012 via mobile

Love this restaurant. Go at least once a month sit at the table around grill good sushi also. Service and food excellent

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Good but can't beat the best”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I was given a gift certificate to use at this restaurant from a friend who knows that Ichiban's Japanese Steak House, also in Lancaster, is tied for my #1 favorite place to dine. My friend had said she'd tried it for lunch and that it seemed similar to Ichiban's.

Well, 6 months later, I finally got to use the gift certificate (which had an expiration date of 7 months after purchase?). I took a friend who had never had Japanese steak house cuisine.

We were seated in a booth, not around a hibachi grill like Ichiban's. Our server explained that the food was cooked on a hibachi grill in the kitchen, meaning it wasn't table side presentation. Well, the table side cooking and presentation never gets old to me no matter how many times I see it, so that was a little disappointing.

We ordered the "dinner for two" so we could have beef and chicken and shrimp as well as fried rice. The meal also came with broth soup and a small salad. The menu explained that the meal came with the meats and the fried rice, plus noodles and potatoes. When asked, our server said that it was cooked potato pieces. Well, a bit unusual, but what the heck, huh?

The broth soup and house salad were what I was expecting. The entree plates were presented full of food, and lots of fried rice, which is a favorite. The noodles looked like linguine pasta cooked in a rich beef stock - they were so brown! - but tasted like noodles. The potato was just a few pieces of very bland potato that were tucked under the noodles.

My friend was pleased with the food, it being her first experience. I wasn't displeased - for the most part, it was flavorful and plentiful. However, it just didn't have the "wow" factor that table side cooking does! I like seeing my food cooked to order and knowing it's fresh and hot and right off the grill! I've been spoiled by Ichiban's for that!

I wouldn't dissuade anyone from this restaurant, but I'd encourage them to try Ichiban's because of the food presentation. It's a little more expensive there, but definitely worth it. So, all in all, it was a good experience here, just don't expect anything to "wow" you!

• Visited December 2012