“Still Great After All These Years”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Back in 2005, we stayed at this hotel and I was so impressed that I wrote my first tripadvisor.com review. Well, I went back this year, attending the same convention held at the Lancaster Host next door. And I must say, it's still a great hotel. It's still smoke-free, but now it's pet-free too--a double bonus!

I didn't check out the pool, but they still have a reading room and "game room" which I think must have been the kid room before. They still provide a decent breakfast every morning. And the staff is great. I still give it five stars.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SCDad
Write a ReviewReviews (1,197)

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Stayed at the Country Inn & Suites for an overnight stay with 4 adults and 9 kids We had 2 one -bedroom suites which were great for our needs. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool and there were enough towels there for them to use. We took advantage of the free breakfast and everyone ate well. It's typical free hotel breakfast food but my kids thought the waffles were great! Toured Lancaster and the surrounding area and the hotel is in a central location (right across from Dutch Wonderland.)
Overall, it was a comfortable convenient location and would consider staying here again.

2  Thank castan06
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We had a bedroom, bathroom, and living room which had a sofa-bed. Since we were traveling with our grandchildren, it was an ideal set-up. As I have shared before about Country Inn and Suites, the new room decor is bright and colorful, the lighting is outstanding, and the continental breakfast is delicious. As with most hotels, they forgot children and short adults, us, when they designed the sinks. They are too high.

2  Thank 2joy
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I was traveling with my daughter and two grandchildren and husband to take them to Dutch Wonderland. This hotel was perfect, not only was it right across the street, we were able to take the grandchildren (ages 2 and 4 1\2) back for a nap mid day. They had enough for breakfast every morning (we stayed 3 nights) so we could wait till lunch to go out to eat and the girls loved their chocolate chip cookies every night. It was nice having a door with separat living room to put them to bed and be able to watch tv in the other room. All in all a good vacation.

2  Thank crazyigues
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I travel to Lancaster every October with my sisters for a shopping weekend but decided on a quick trip in July with my children to Hershey. Although the room was a decent size I must complain about the noise of the room next door. I know it is not the hotel's fault but once the air conditioner went off I could hear the people talking and laughing and it actually woke me up at 1:00am. I was actually able to hear their conversation perfectly. They were not even talking excessively loud. I woke up to laughter again at 7:20am. Needless to say, it ruined what would have been a perfectly pleasant hotel stay. I don't think I would stay here again, for that reason.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mare624
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We selected this hotel mainly because of its location (close to the Sight and Sound Theater) and it was the only one in the area available for the dates we needed. The staff at check-in were pleasant and helpful with answers to my questions. Our room was spacious and very clean. The bed was very comfortable, with beautiful quilts. Nice to have a mini-refrigerator and microwave in the room as well. Parking was sort of a problem when we returned from the theater, but it was late and that was understandable. This is a very clean and cozy hotel located near quite a few attractions and many restaurants. I would certainly stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the hotel will have the traffic noise to contend with, but it wasn't t...