Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We went to the country inn and suites June 14-15. I was very happy with my stay, the room was huge. It could easily fit 6, but it was me, my husband, and 2 girls ( aged 4 and 6). There was a room with 2 double beds plus another room with a pull out couch, tv, microwave, and mini fridge. There was another tv in the bedroom as well. The room was super clean and the bathroom had double sinks. In addition to this there's a free breakfast which was very nice with waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, a variety of cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, mixed fruit, apples, bananas, and a bread section with bagels, bread, muffins, etc. it was very nice, there were plenty of tables but it was crowded and we managed to get the last one. Our stay there was great, we used the indoor pool the first evening we were there. It was very clean and not too chloriney. There were also towels available which is always great and it's opened until 10:30 which is a great bonus especially if you have older kids. Best of all it's centrally located and right on the main road. We had a wonderful time and will definitely return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mrs.Lovington
Country_Inn_Lancast, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country), responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank You, for staying at the Country Inn & Suites. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the indoor pool and that you were pleased with the variety of breakfast options that we offer. Feel free to call us with your lodging needs when you are in the Lancaster area again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,197)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was our third time staying at Country Inn & Suites and it's still top notch. Bedrooms were clean and well maintained, many, many breakfast options, free cookies and coffee in the lounge and the kids loved the indoor swimming pool. Great location right across the street from Dutch Wonderland. Check out at 9:50 and you're in the park at 10:00...couldn't be easier!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank U2SOX

Thank You, for choosing to stay with us while visiting Dutch Wonderland. I am glad to hear that your children enjoyed the indoor pool and that you enjoyed our amenities. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you will choose to stay will us in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just finished up five days at this hotel. We stayed in room 420 which had 2 queens, a great country look, was really large (you could easily fit a roll away bed inside), beautiful bathroom, with very firm mattresses (which I really liked. My wife not so much). The continental breakfast consisted of about seven different cereals, daily homemade crumb cake, bagels and breads, hard boiled eggs, juices, teas (a LOT of different flavors). Had a pretty large pool and Jacuzzi. But for me the greatest selling point...it was pure quietness at night!!! I don't remember hearing a door slam/open, people in the hallway on the weekends. We were almost the only ones on our wing during the weekdays. Shower head made a squealing noise but other than that...a great room and time.

Room Tip: A LOT of the rooms on the 1st and 2nd floors have a sliding glass door that leads to a small deck wi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

One of the few hotel we will stay in while traveling in Lancaster Pa. Always clean, courteous staff, and easy to book. I usually book online, and the last time I requested a first floor room in the back of the hotel. This hotel is on a busy highway so to get away from the truck noise I requested this. When we checked in, we were informed that we had been upgraded to a suite at no extra charge because they wanted to honor my request and this was how they did it. We were very pleasantly surprised. I would recommend this hotel chain to anyone. It's one of our favorites.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Swl644

Thank You, for staying at the Country Inn & Suites. I am glad that our staff was accommodating to your needs for a room at the back of our hotel. I will be sure to let my staff know that upgrading you to a suite improved your stay with us. Hopefully you will choose to stay will us in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel!! It has an indoor pool. The continental breakfast was nice with plenty of options. Staff was friendly and helpful.
I would definitely stay here again. I loved the country décor and vibe.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Country_Inn_Lancast, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country), responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank You, for staying at the Country Inn & Suites. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the indoor pool and that our staff was accommodating to your needs. Hopefully you will choose to stay will us in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The room was clean and a good size with refrigerator and microwave. The room and the hotel in general is clean and well decorated and appears to be fairly new. It is a definite good value. Check in was easy and the desk staff was very friendly and professional

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that we could meet your expectations. I will share your kind words about the desk staff with the hotel team. It is always a pleasure to hear positive feedback so again thank you. We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you in our hotel again.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Overall the hotel was very nice. Staff was pleasant and check-in was easy. Pool was ok but as others have stated the chlorine was high and the temp was cool. My only complaint is the truck noise. The hotel is right off a highway with a stop light right in front of the hotel. When they began to brake, we knew it. Even with the AC on high, could still hear the rumble. Highly suggest asking for a room on the opposite side of the hotel and it shouldn't be a problem.

Room Tip: Ask for room opposite side of the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family