Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lancaster (Amish Country), PA
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 28 August 2009

I have been to lancaster many times and decided to stay this time at Country inn and Suites mainly because it is located directly across the street from dutch wonderland which is why we went in the first place.

I was very impressed by the hotel as was my wife. Firstly, the staff are all very friendly starting from check in. Never had an attitude and always a smile. The room we had was a one bedroom suite. It was dated but kept clean and was decent size. The hotel had a fantastic indoor pool and whirlpool that the kids enjoyed and a separate room off the lobby for free internet usage.

The breakfast in the morning is free. The coffee was great and the remainder was typical of a deluxe continental breakfast and so that was a bonus. Overall i think our stay was great there and the location is perfect even to the outlets. My rate was $143/night for the one bedroom suite which i thought was good for what you get out of it. Would recommend this hotel. Last year i stayed at the marriott courtyard. While this hotel is nice it is out of the way and somewhat remote.

1  Thank ashah7
Write a ReviewReviews (1,224)

Reviewed 27 August 2009

We traveled with another family and requested rooms that were near each other. The hotel obliged our request and put us on the 4th floor right next to each other. However, when we entered our room, we immediately smelled fresh smoke (this is a non-smoking property). Without any hassle, they moved us to the other side of our friend's room, giving us a complimentary bump to a one-bedroom suite in the process. We certainly couldn't ask for more than that! Despite previous reviews, we did not notice any loud noise from staying on the highway-side of the hotel. The room was large and very clean. There was a DVD Player hooked up to the main TV (in the family room) and we thought that was a great feature. The free continental breakfast was fine and had something for everyone. I was able to get a wireless connection for my laptop without any problem. Dutch Wonderland was a quick walk right across the highway. This hotel is a perfect location if you have young children and you need to come back to the room for a nap, etc. The pool was kid-friendly (only gets about 4 feet deep) and for once we found a jacuzzi that wasn't too hot and didn't prohibit children. We'll definitely stay here again the next time we visit Dutch Wonderland.

2  Thank Grotheur
Reviewed 22 August 2009

Just came back from Lancaster after staying at this hotel. I have been to Lancaster many times but this was the first time at the Country Inn. We had a regular room with two Queen beds. The room was very clean and up to date. Room included a minifridge and microwave. The bathroom was very clean and has a bath/shower and sink. Whats nice about the room is that just outside the bathroom their is another sink and mirror. This was great when someone was using the main bathroom. The hotel pool is indoors along with the whirlpool. The pool is not that large but good for kids. The pool goes from 3 1/2 feet to 4 feet at the deepest end. The Continental breakfast was sufficient and included boiled eggs and egg patties. This hotel is located right acroos the street from Dutch Wonderland. It is also a very short walk from the Tanger outlet Center. On the negative side the Fitnees center had no resistance equipment but good cardio equipment. Also I could not connect to the free internet on my notebook. When I complained to the front desk they gave me a help line number to call but I did not have the time or patience to call. They had a computer room with two desktops attached to printers that can also be used and they worked. Would definitley recommend this place.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank QueensMarine
Reviewed 21 August 2009

This is the place to stay in Lancaster. Not only is it a short walk to Dutch Wonderland, several good eateries and shops, but the place was immaculate.
Hotels are "get what you pay for", keep it cheep, get a crummy room. We paid a little more for this place but it was WELL worth it. The staff was friendly, professional and was always looking out for our needs. The suites are huge! We had a room with 2 queens & a pull out, with 2 TVs, a fridge AND a microwave!
The pool was in a bit of a terrarium but the hot tub was clean and great!
Last but not least was the "continental breakfast". This was more of a breakfast buffet. Muffins, donuts, bagels, toast, cereal, fruit, hb eggs, scrambled eggs AND sausage were the highlight of the morning along with juices, milk, tea & coffee.
I love this place! We stayed for 3 days but even if it was 1, this is the place to stay in Lancaster!!!

1  Thank CWestcott
Reviewed 8 July 2009

Excellent country style hotel, basic amenities, continental breakfast included. Comfortable rooms with two double beds, TV and refrigerator. Free coffee/fruit juice in lobby area available all day. Very friendly staff.
Ideal base for exploring Amish Country in Pennsylvania, and within easy reach of attractions at Hershey. Also nearby Dutch themed park and outlet shopping centres.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank TooniLunes
Reviewed 30 June 2009

My wife and I stayed in Lancaster 3 nights in order to take our 2 young children to Dutch Wonderland and Hershey Park. My experience at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Lancaster was an extremely positive one: First, the appearance of the hotel is very nice. There were certainly no issues with cleanliness during our stay.

Second, our room—a one-bedroom suite—was very reasonably priced (I paid just under $135 per night, which I thought was really great considering the room type). When I’m on vacation with the kids, it’s great to be able to “close the door” when its time for them to go to bed, but mom & dad want to stay up. In addition to a very nice room, the complimentary breakfast was above average—not just a bunch of day-old pastries, but a very decent selection.

A third plus was the hotel’s location (at least for our purposes)—literally across the street from Dutch Wonderland. (Since Lancaster was a 5-hour trip for us, having a day we didn’t need to drive was a nice plus).

When I return to Lancaster for another vacation (and based on the fun we had at the parks and the good food/restaurants we found, I’m sure I will), I would definitely stay here again.

Quite honestly, I’d have to nitpick to find a negative—the only slight inconvenience was that the breakfast room was very crowded and we had nowhere to sit for 2 of the 3 mornings there, so we had to bring our plates back up to our room. But aside from expanding the size of the breakfast room (which had at least a dozen tables), there’s not much else the hotel could do about that.

Overall, if you're looking for a place to stay in Lancaster, I wouldn't hesitate.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Kyliefan
Reviewed 21 April 2009

Good place. Nothing fancy, but clean, roomy, comfortable, ... good. Good breakfast and indoor pool.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family