“One week family vacation.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Lancaster

Red Roof Inn Lancaster
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
New York City, New York
“One week family vacation.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed at this hotel on a one week r and r with my family. We love Lancaster, PA
It's home away from home. For the price and cleanliness it was well worth it. I requested a room away from the road Lincoln Hwy, not thinking I would get it. However we were pleasantly surprised. My only disappointment was I those this property because I read in the amenities it had a heated pool. This part is rather false.
Outside of this the staff was awesome and the property is conveniently located to the outlets and restaurants. Dutch Wonderland.
Bozan family,

Room Tip: Request noise free side away from the traffic.
Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank QueenJazi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

Hotel looks nice from the outside, has a renovated lobby, and friendly staff. The room was ok. Tub and shower were dirty though. My wife and I wished we had shower shoes on. Good location. It is close to several places to eat and the two outlet malls in Lancaster. Plus it's on the edge of town and on the way to Amish country. We also had someone knock on our door at 1230 am which woke up my wife. Breakfast was a madhouse. There isn't enough room to accommodate all the guests during the morning rush. All in all it was nothing special, but affordable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JR_Bowers
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear JR. Bowers,

Thank you for the positive respond with criticism. We support and encourage such criticism, because it makes us strive harder to serve you better and make it memorable. Sometimes we never know anything is wrong with your stay, until the guest lets us know. We try for that never to happen, but sometimes it slips through the crevice.
I would like to make sure we personally take care of you the next time you are with us. Please message me personally and I would like to take care of you. I want to make sure you are not short of anything during your stay. As the #1 midscale economy hotel in Lancaster, we pride ourselves and motivate staff constantly with such reviews to make sure we work harder. Thank You and Best of Luck,
Dave Gandhi, GM
Pennsauken, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a little weekend getaway a couple weeks ago. We booked on Priceline and got a great deal. I was actually really excited when I found out our reservation would be at a Red Roof, as I had stayed at a few of these motels years ago and always liked them. For those of you who are not familiar, on Priceline, you don't know what motel you will be staying at until it is already booked and non-refundable. So I immediately came on here to Tripadvisor when I saw where they booked my room, and was pleasantly surprised that the reviews were so good! Sadly, mine isn't as great as most.

We arrived around 7 or 8pm to check in. The front desk clerk was nice, but was on the phone almost the entire time telling some other company (I think it might have even been Priceline) that they just booked one of their customers a room at this property for the following night when it has been sold out for months. He was telling them that they have to refund the money to that person because he has no rooms at all. Eventually he got off the phone and checked us in - no problems.

The second we unlocked our door and walked in, I saw 2 or 3 flies. This was just the beginning, as over our 2 night stay, we killed at least 6 or 8 and saw a bunch more. NOT fun. Soon after settling in, we tried the tv. It was a really nice flat screen tv, but the reception was absolutely horrible. We got about 15 channels at most, almost all of which were staticy and unclear and had a very loud background noise. The guy at the front desk told us it was because they have satellite service and there were storms in the area. I did not think the beds were comfortable in the slightest. There was only one chair in the room (how is this sufficient for 2 or 4 people?) We were staying 2 nights and our key was deactivated at noon on the second day. After carrying a bunch of stuff up to our room in the heat, we had to go back down to get new keys (after having the manager Jay reassure us that morning that this WOULD NOT happen). Also, for those of you who care, the bathrooms at this motel are set up where the sink and mirror are on the outside of the bathroom, separate from the tub and toilet. I'm not a fan of this setup. It makes for very small bathrooms where you can barely move. And if you're traveling with several other people and need to get changed in that tiny bathroom because it's the only private area, you're in trouble. You might as well stand in the tub to get changed.

Considering all this, I still had to rate this motel a 3/5 because of the location - which can't be beat! And the breakfast. We had fresh waffles, sausage, eggs, bagels, juice, & coffee each morning.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KristenJovi
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

Stayed at the hotel for a class at YTI the next day. Front desk gave me a room which had someone else in it(computer error) but was fixed very quickly thanks to the front desk check-in person.Will stay again(never going back to SUPER 8!)

Room Tip: check in early, if possible
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank cheri c
Oceanside, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

We have been coming to Lancaster for 20 years or so.Hotel is in a great location of Lancaster .This is our favorite place to stay when we come to Lancaster .This hotel is reasonably priced.The hotel staff here is friendly and know the area..The rooms were clean and everything in the room functioned properly,everything is well kept .Breakfast is a good variety and included free.Pool area was well kept ,water was clean.Check in and out was very quick.Looking to our next visit here.I would recommend this hotel to all who visit Lancaster area.Thank you for another pleasent stay.jmjj family

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank john g
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

My husband and I went to Dutch Country for a relaxing getaway. The RedRoof Inn was a great place to stay. Restaurants to walk to, close to attractions, friendly staff and refreshing pool. Our room was comfortable and breakfast was provided every morning. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank johnandglenda
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

Wasn't sure which hotel to chose. finally booked at Red Roof Inn based on reviews. I was very pleased with the hotel, the lobby and the room. The room was very nice with flat screen TV. I do agree with the one other review when she said " TAKE YOUR OWN SOAP", which I do anyway and thank God I did. Coffee in room was horrible. But overall would definetly stay again. Walking distance to many things including Dutch Wonderland, but parking is free so why walk. Parking lot connected to Texas Road House restaurant. Breakfast was very good, Waffles, biscuts, gravy, juices, muffins, bagles, toast, coffee. cereal. I had a wonderful time and it was nice to settle in at Red Roof after a full day at Dutch wonderland. Very clean, elevator, ice machine, vending machine, automatic doors to lobby, two way entry and easily accesible from back and front of hotel which was a plus.

Room Tip: Stay in back of hotel room 228 over looking pool which was nice, easy to get to lobby. the reception...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family