“Ups & downs”

Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Linden, New Jersey, United States
“Ups & downs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

This room had some nice qualities and som that are not so nice.

The good:
Large flat screen
Nice desk to work
2 sinks
Cozy atmosphere
Fridge & microwave

The bad:
Room had a musty smell. I was told that the ac would fix it. The only problem was that the air was on before I got into the room. The front desk person said he could send someone to pray the room but there was nothing else that could be done since they were full for the next 2 nights.

The tub handles were covered with mold. Of course the the guy who sprayed my room tried to tell me it was paint. You can judge from the pictures yourself. It doesn't look like ain't to me

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank visionary23
Rupa G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Dear Visionary23,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to review us. Also, thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn as the Brand of choice and for staying with us. We love working with every guest and enjoyed accommodating you as well. We are definitely saddened to hear that we your stay was short of our service. We have taken your feedback very seriously and made the necessary changes in staff, linens, and overall quality in order to better serve all of our guests including you. Please take the opportunity to revisit us and review our service a second time after giving us another chance to better serve you.

Yours in Travel,
Rupa G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Islip Terrace, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

This was my first stay at a Red Roof Inn the Inn is an economy level motel the room was clean with coffee make, microwave and fridge a real plus.
large flat screen was a surprise!
the hotel is pet friendly and does offer a simple breakfast in the morning but it is short lived so if you are a late riser past 9am you are out of luck!
but the overwhelming HOTEL SMELL! Could have knocked you over when I opened the door kept door open for awhile since I have alergies, my eyes were effected and it really did give me some respiratory issues overnight we both woke up with puffy eyes.
So my suggestion to mgmt is to address the musty, moldy mist that seemed to take over my room and not quote the canned budget friendly economy button when the respond to review!
The Smelly room was a deal breaker for me otherwise it is on the high end of budget friendly economy hotels :) gave room a terrible due to the odor otherwise it was a above average for the cost. Sleep quality poor due to odor.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PJ L
DharamG, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Dear pjl154,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, we work hard to provide the best items to you. We understand your plight. It is the 4th harvest of this year. Since we have a beautiful picture perfect setting (we sit adjacent to a farmland). I'm sure that gives you a general idea of what the odor is. We are excited that you have booked at the best lancaster hotel once again. We will do our best to serve you at our hotel standards.
Best Regards,

Dave Gandhi, GM
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

We stayed for 3 nights and had a great time. The rooms were clean and reasonably priced. The staff is friendly and the check-in and check-out process are effortless. We liked having a refrigerator and microwave in our room especially because we have small kids. The location of the hotel to Dutchwonderland and the Outlets is wonderful. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Lancaster, Pa. I researched a number of places online and when I saw them in person I was so happy to have decided on the Red Roof Inn. Next time we visit Lancaster, Pa., we will be staying here!!

3 Thank Christine V
Hicksville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

We have been stating at this Inn since it was the McIntosh Inn. My husband and I and our 2 children love staying there, so we proceeded to also stay when the Red Roof Inn took over. The Inn is just amazing, we never had any problems staying there until our last visit. The problem was the housekeeping staff they did not clean the bathroom properly and overnight the toilet overflowed and me and my husband had to soak up all of the water from the floor. Otherwise our stay was very accommendating as always. We do plan on making reservations at the Red Roof Inn in Lancaster, Pa in the near future. We just love it there it is so relaxing and comfortable. The front desk staff is also very acommendating and very nice. I left a message with the Inn Manager and he did satisfy our stay. Thank you Mr. Dave.

2 Thank Helayne C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Very good prices, nice rooms, and in an excellent location. It's within walking distance of Dutch Wonderland. The outlets are really close. Also very close to other local attractions, such as the Sight and Sound Theatre.

My only criticism.. If you are allergic to pets or are not bringing any, you may want to request to stay on the 3rd floor. The only problem is that these rooms are indoors in the sense that you will not be on the balcony when exiting the room. Therefore, if you smoke, you will have to go downstairs to do so.

Besides that, the prices are very reasonable considering the location.

Room Tip: Read my comments and choose wisely. Third floor rooms cost less though.
3 Thank Luis H
Brownsville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

There is no end to the problems experienced while staying at this hotel. The pool was freezing even though they advertise that it is heated. An employee said the temperature is kept on 65. The heater may come on in September or October. The fitness room should be a sauna because the air conditioner is broken and no one seems to care enough to repair it. The fridge in my room completely froze the produce I bought. The tomatoes could have been used for a weapon, they were harder than a rock. I had to throw $10.00 worth of produce in the garbage. My grandson fell in the pool area, due to an overflow hole having a flimsy plastic cover that broke when my grandson stepped on it. As a result he had some cuts and scrapes on his foot, knee, and arm. Staff were not friendly or hospitable and did nothing about the problems or concerns. The breakfast served is supposed to include fresh fruit every morning, NOT! I stayed for three days and they had apples one morning. The bathtub was soooo old that the finish was wore off and it appeared to be very dirty and uncleaned. I tried to clean it myself and discovered that it was grey and dirty looking from the finish being worn off. After coming home from my trip, I contacted Red Roof Head Quarters and have not gotten any response or satisfaction. If you want to gamble and take a chance, go ahead and book.

Room Tip: I was told the second floor was remodeled and in better condition
1 Thank justifiably-upset
MyGHMhotels, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Dear Justifiably-upset,

We are ranked the top economical hotel in lancaster. With this title comes great responsibility and our staff does the best to keep our guests as satisfied and make their trip enjoyable. The staff and I would like to apologize if we have fallen short. We never know our faults until we hear them. We want to thank you for the feedback. We will again strive to work harder and better to ensure this does not happen in the future. All items are functional and we had our chief maintenence engineer ensure this. Please let me know personally how I can help you more.

Best Regards,
Dave G. , GM
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

large room for handicap great breakfast pool is so so it is close to the out let stores and planty of places to look at i have 2 service dogs and no charge the room was clean the bed was ok staff was very good and helpfull

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family