“Good experience with this RR Inn”

Red Roof Inn Lancaster
Ranked #24 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Rooms were clean and a good bargin for the price. Traveling with a dog sometimes means spending a lot more for a room RRI pet policy is just the ticket for us. They need to better Identify the pet walking area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank VLouis12

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I stayed here in October 2012. Typical Red Roof Inn, until I woke up the next morning and opened the bathroom door. The smell was terrible. I looked in the bath tub and there was sewage in the tub. I got dressed quickly and checked out. I went to the front desk told the clerk what had happened, and even showed him the picture on my phone of the sewage in my tub. He said he could only give me 20% off my room, only the manager could do more, but he would tell the manager who would call me. Surprise, that never happened. I will never go back.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kathy C
Reviewed 22 October 2012

When we opened the door to our room we immediately shut it because it reeked of cigarette smoke (this was a non-smoking hotel). The man at the desk moved us to a different room. It took him about twenty minutes to figure out how to do that while my 3 children were getting very tired and antsy. He was very unprofessional and complained about the amount of hours he works the whole time. When we got to the second room it also smelled liked cigarette smoke. But at that point it was 8:30pm and the children needed to go to bed. We brought our things in and began getting settled. We immediately noticed that there was a thick layer of dust on the refrigerator, bed headboards, and TV cabinet. On the top of the refrigerator was also a ring in the dust that looked like it was from a glass. There were two open safety pins on the floor of the closet as well as a toenail. There were cigarette burns in the comforter. If we didn't have the kids with us my husband and I would've left at that point. I would've rather slept in the car. The floor was dirty, there were hairs in the tub, the tub was cracked and peeling. We wouldn't even let our kids walk around on the floor without socks or shoes on. I will never stay in a Red Roof Inn again. I mentioned some of our concerns when we checked out and was told the manager would call me the next day. I have not received a call.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank taryn824
Dave G, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear taryn824,

Thank you for the feedback. It is feedback's like such that really motivate us to do better and alleviate us amongst the best. As we are saddened to hear and see that you were least satisfied with our service. I truly apologize for this inconvenience and would like to see this not happen again.
I apologize as we are a 100% smoke free property, which means there is no smoking in any of the rooms and interior public areas. We also request every guest to use the designated smoking area, however, it is very difficult for us to demand such items when they too our guest.
We apologize that the next room we moved you to was not to your standards. I would like to ensure that we correct this on your future stay. Please reach out to me before booking your next stay. I would like to personally commend you on the feedback and would like to illustrate what we stand for here at the Lancaster Red Roof Inn.

Best
Dave

Reviewed 19 October 2012

I travel a few times a year to the Lancaster Area. I started to stay at the Red Roof Inn a few years back. I had no real issues until last October 2011. That horrible stay included needing to have my rooms switched once, the second room the remote didnt work, the phone was not working, the door would not close right and the air conditioner was "cracked". Upon check out the front desk person, refunded some money as he knew of the room I was in and the issues with it. I didnt return to this hotel for the next couple of stays in beginning of 2012. I returned back to the Red Roof Inn after traveling from the South back home to NY. The room I was given was horrible - the bathroom wasnt clean, there were cobwebs on my bed and for some reason the room we were in had a smaller television then the other rooms... On a good note, the cleaning people were really nice. Would I recommend this faclity ...no ..... For all my travels next year I will be choosing another hotel chain...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Sage6502,

I'm very saddened to hear that we have misrepresented ourselves and you did not enjoy our stay. We strive very hard to provide the best accommodations possible for a really nice price. However, sometimes we do overlook the important stuff and we are truly sorry for this. We would love for you to give us one more try and reach out to me personally if you have any concerns and problems. I would like to ensure that you have had the best stay at this hotel. We pride ourselves in ranking amongst the top in Lancaster and will continue to do so with your support and help.

Best Regards,
Dave

Reviewed 16 October 2012

Close to all area shopping, attractions and restaurants! We love the location. We watched an Amish man bail hay in the field behind the Inn. The Inn is very clean and they have many amenities. We walked next door toTexas Roadhouse and enjoyed a great steak dinner. We will definitely stay at Red Roof again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Furdan57
Reviewed 12 October 2012

this hotel is classed as a budget hotel but believe me we have stopped in four star accommodation that does not come near this gem ,
Great location,clean room, decent breakfast and helpful staff, good restaraunts just a few steps away,parking free,shopping mall just over the road ,also hotel handy for all area attractions

Room Tip: choose a room at rear of hotel away from main highway
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank metroman60
Reviewed 9 October 2012

This was much better than expected and the room was very clean. There was a mini fridge and a microwave in the room and continental breakfast in the lobby in the morning. Check in and check out was quick and easy. It's located very close to the malls, Dutch Wonderland, and restaurants. The road to get in and exit is quite busy, but you can cut through neighboring parking lots to get to a traffic light to make turning left easier.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple