“No Signal”

Red Roof Inn Lancaster
Ranked #24 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Great hotel, spotless room, super friendly front desk staff. Lousy WiFi. the signal was so weak it was almost non existant. I could not connect to my company's proprietary network. I reported it to the front desk and they attempted to resolve the issue to no avail.

The next morning I went down the street to McDonalds the signal was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Excellent little motel - Red Roof has done it again. Recent renovations made for a very pleasant and comfortable room complete with refrigerator, microwave and flat screen TV. Beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean. Free wi-fi was useful as this was a business trip. Located on a very busy road so not ideal for morning walking, but sleeping was ok if you run the fan in the room. Staff was very helpful and although I did not utilize the breakfast room it looked reasonably adequate for a basic continental breakfast. Certainly very conveniently located for many area attractions.

Room Tip: Further back from the road in the second building would certainly be a bit quieter. Most rooms (floo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JerriJ994
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel is located in the heart of all the action - Dutch Wonderland, Music Theater, shopping, restaurants, etc. Room was very neat and could have been cleaner since we found bobby pins and a baby's pacifier on the floor. Beds were comfortable but the blankets were very short. They did not even reach to your neck and there were no extra blankets in the room. Two restaurants were within walking distance and our small dog stayed free. Continental breakfast could have been a little better with more choices such as yogurt or pastries. All said, this was a good choice for the price.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, ask for a first floor room. We were on the second floor and had to either take t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sandybeachgirl1
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This was our 4th time to stay at this Red Roof Hotel and if possible it was our best stay yet. We used a walk-in internet coupon and the manager worked very hard to give us the best room possible to accommodate my husband who cannot walk well at all; the room was conveniently located on 1st floor right near the parking spaces. I really appreciate their help because I am the one who needs to transport the oxygen concentrator and V-PAP machine (both heavy for me).

The breakfast was not quite as good as previous stays, but sufficient with a variety of choices. This facility has proven to be very friendly each time we have stayed..

Room Tip: All rooms should be very accommodating since there is an elevator. We found the rooms each time qui...
1  Thank William T
Reviewed 3 April 2013

After having an awful experience with a Red Roof Inn in Wilkes Barre the night before, I'm surprised that I would have given them another try. This one seemed pretty new & was very clean. They had normal sized rooms & the top floor had inside entry's to the rooms. The beds were comfortable, which was great since we hadn't slept very well the night before. They offered a continental breakfast, which we checked out before leaving. As continental breakfasts go, it wasn't great, but they had a waffle machine which made up for it. i would definitely recommend this Red Roof for anyone looking for a decent, inexpensive place to stay while visiting Lancaster.

Room Tip: I liked the 3rd floor, since the rooms were accessible form an inside hallway, it gives it more of a...
1  Thank Kristel S
Reviewed 1 April 2013

After visiting my Mom in SC I decided to visit lancaster on the way home I just love dutch country
I travel with my furkid So picking a Pet friendly hotel was a must although not the cheapest the
Red Roof Lancaster is a great place to stay the rooms in the back near the doggie bathroom
are great I have stayed here other times and being on the first floor in back was a real treat this time for both the dog and me made things so much better My room was newly painted and everything smelled and looked fresh and clean The young man at the front desk when I checked
in was terrific, friendly and professional. as was the man at check out I had a wonderful stay and would recommend The Red Roof in Lancaster to anyone looking for a great place to stay especially with a furkid....

Room Tip: IF you have a pet the bottom floor in back near the doggie bathroom is the way to go
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tshupp
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I had stayed at the inn once before several months previous and was pleased to see I was greeted by the staff as if it been only yesterday. The room was large and comfortable and with in walking distance of the convention center. Breakfast was filling and ready at 6 in the morning. We left with plans tp stay there again in the fall.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor has a bath and a very comfortable king size bed.
1  Thank Raymond S