My wife and I and our dog spent a long weekend at the Lancaster Red Roof Inn. The hotel is centrally located (on very busy Route 30 East in Lancaster) to the major attractions of the Pennsylvania Dutch region. The front desk staff is friendly and very helpful. I had made online reservations, consequently check- in and check-out were both very smooth and easy. The hotel was full for the 2 nights that we stayed. The hotel is three levels high. We had a room on the second level towards the back end of the building. I recommend requesting a rear room so the noise from Route 30 is at a minimum and as an added benefit the view is magnificent. We did not hear any noise from the room above us and only an occasional bark from the dog in the room blow us. The room size was more than adequate for the 2 of us and our dog. The room was clean as was the bathroom. The beds were very comfortable and we (and our dog) slept very well both nights. On the second night of our stay, a hotel guest was shooting off fireworks after 10 PM (Not a good thing to do at a Pet Friendly hotel). We called the front desk to report the problem and within 3 minutes of ending our call, a member of the staff was taking care of the situation. There were no more fireworks that night. The room had a Large Flat Screen HDTV, a microwave and a refrigerator. They all worked problem free as did the wall unit air conditioner. The hotel offers free breakfast and the breakfast room was clean and large enough so that we did not have a problem finding a table/seat despite the fact that the hotel was full both nights we were there. The breakfast included white bread, wheat bread, miniature muffins, cereal, make your own waffles, sausage links, scrambled eggs, orange juice and apple juice. Adding bagels and English muffins to the breakfast, would be a definite plus. All in all, the Red Roof Inn, Lancaster is a very good, affordable hotel that is also Pet Friendly. I recommend this hotel to my fellow travelers whether they travel with a pet or not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Roof Inn of Lancaster - Strasburg is a gem in the heart of Lancaster County's Dutch Country. The hotel is made up of 95 newly RENOVATED spacious rooms. The recently updated property also features handicap accessible rooms, deluxe rooms and Jacuzzi suites. Red Roof Inn of Lancaster is ideally situated amongst the greatest Lancaster County theatres, attractions, eateries and shopping centers. A seasonal pool, ample on-site parking and location adjacent to Golden Corral and Texas Roadhouse adds to our convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Red Roof Inn, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Red Roof Inn Lancaster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancaster Red Roof Hotel Lancaster
- Lancaster Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof Inn Lancaster Pa