“Lancaster Red Roof”

Red Roof Inn Lancaster
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Sewell, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My spouse & I arrived on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving & checked out on Black Friday. We stayed here last year; &, although last year's stay was very good, this year's was better. Our room was equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, desk with free w-ifi & 2 double beds. The wi-fi worked a whole lot better this year than last year. The housekeeping improved immensely leaving us plenty of linens & straightening up. We were disappointed in the free breakfast; last year, we spoke to the gentleman on duty at the desk at length regarding offering more choices for breakfast. Most choices are carbohydrates; not a welcome sight for those of us watching our sugar intake. Fresh fruit, cold cereal, instant oatmeal, bread, muffins, juice, coffee & milk are offered along with waffles which you make yourself. Free USA Today newspapers are in the lobby along with local papers. All in all, a very pleasant stay; we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: This motel takes pets.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gmomt
Leland, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is a very clean, comfortable, and conveniently located property that is staffed with caring, courteous, and helpful personnel. I have been staying here for years for conventions I attend. The only times I don't stay here is when they are totally booked. That says quite a bit. Despite the busy street outside, noise in not a problem. The cost of rooms is in line with the type of lodging you get and the little bit extra you pay over the bargain priced motels is well worth the extra pittance in terms of the service and cleanliness.

Room Tip: I find that rooms away from Route 30 outside are a bit quieter.
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was one of the nicest Red Roof Inns I've ever stayed at, and I've stayed at a bunch. This was the first RRI I stayed at that had free breakfast and a gym! Great location and easy access. Being a traveler that always brings my dog, it's always a plus that pets stay for free. I would definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.

1 Thank j0hnnyrt
Franklin, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The Lancaster Red Roof Inn has a perfect location whether on business or pleasure. Many attractions and restaurants are nearby and within walking distance. The hotel is clean and well run. I have stayed many times while on business for 5- 6 nights on each visit. I found the rooms to be quiet and very accommodating after a long day of business. The breakfast served daily is an added asset and saves me time and money, just enough to get me going in the morning. My only complaint is the internet. It is sometimes unreliable and it seems to act up at the worst possible moment, but the delays are usually minor only lasting an hour or so. I had only one night with issues during this last stay. All in all, an excellent value for the money and I will be returning in the next couple of weeks. It is my Pennsylvania home!

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel is usually quiter but the back side first floor can be a bit noisy during...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin C
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I chose this hotel because just about everything we wanted to see was nearby. The property was clean, well managed, and peaceful. The breakfast was great. Hot foods and well as multiple types of breads sweets, cereal, juices, coffee, tea, etc.

This property allows pets, which is a plus for many travelers. We did not travel with pets. The third floor is reserved for those traveling without pets.

I reserved two rooms, both were above average.

My only complaint was that there was mildew around the tub faucet and the paint on the tub exterior was chipped and falling off. I reported these items in the follow up survey that I completed via email.

2 Thank chrise85
Margate, Florida
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is our third visit to this Inn and as usual the staff was very friendly and made every effort to accommodate us. They gave us a first floor room that met ADA standards due to my very sore and achy left knee and did not charge us any additional pet fee even though we have three dogs. Granted they are Shih Tzu's and weigh about as much as one big dog put together. This is the first time we stayed on the first floor and were a bit disappointed in the condition of the room, the overly firm/hard as concrete beds and flat pillows. The room had one nice picture mirror on the wall but no pictures of anything on the walls. The bathroom met ADA standards and was very clean. I did notice a couple cracked tiles in the shower area but overall the bathroom was fine. Care was taken to provide a shower chair and there were bars in the shower as well and near the toilet - all of which is 100% up to ADA standards. The real problem was that the mattresses were just hard as could be and the pillows a bit flat. Thankfully there were four pillows and I generally travel with my own so it wasn't a big deal to me. I cannot say that I slept the best on the extra firm mattress and both of us don't remember the King size beds on the second floor being this uncomfortable. We will definitely use this Inn again because they are pet friendly and the staff was very friendly. We also gave the nice hot breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles or cereal two thumbs up. Probably the best breakfast we've gotten at a value priced motel hands down. You can't beat the price, the location or the good breakfast for the money you pay. Like I said, we'll stay here again but will request a second floor room where the beds seemed a bit more comfortable.

Room Tip: If you want a super firm bed go ahead and stay on the first floor but more comfortable beds await on...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family