“Review of Lancaster Red Roof”

Red Roof Inn Lancaster
Ranked #25 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I almost always stay at this property when I am in town for a convention (which happens to occur right across the street). Besides the convenience, this property offers a clean room for a reasonable price. The staff is friendly and helpful and add to the enjoyment of the visit. I've stayed at many other hotels/motels in the area and problems have included bugs, noise, unhelpful staff, and/or heating/cooling issues. I haven't had these issues at the Red Roof. The breakfast is so-so, but you get what you pay for. Higher end properties in the area are not central to Route 30 activities and will cost quite a bit more. The Red Roof gives value for the money and the customer service makes you want to come back. When you get a restful night's sleep, it makes the next day so much easier.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank michael_s_nc
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Lancaster

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed for a week at this Red Roof. We were in town for a dog show and the event was across the street. The hotel was convenient to the Expo Center. The hotel itself was clean and our room was fine. The staff were courteous and helpful. The breakfast was so so. We only ate there once or twice. But there is an IHop across the parking lot that we took advantage of. During the week they replaced the old tv and took out the cabinet it was in with a nice flat screen attached to the wall which gave the room a lot more space. For the price I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank chsail
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We were in Lancaster with friends to see a play at Sight and Sound theater. We booked two rooms. The value and cleanliness and friendliness of the staff were all very good. We hope to do a repeat trip soon and plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: The hotel is easy to find, on the main road, but we didn't find traffic noise a problem.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My wife and I booked the room with the hot tub and were pleased with the motel in general. I personally had not stayed there for 10 plus years and there has been improvement to the property. The front desk people were very nice. The room was clean and new flat-screen Televisions were in the process of being installed in the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband and I and my sister have stayed at this location 5 times in the last year and a half. My husband is handicapped so we stay in the accessible rooms and they are great. My husband also will not travel without or dog and he goes along as well. The rates are an excellent value for the area. There are lots of dining venues in the area and there the two main outlets within minutes of the hotel. We also travel to other favorite spots as well in the area that are within close distance. The hotel is always neat and clean. A great place to stay on a long or short visit we have done both and go back every time. Love this hotel if your in the area book here you wont regret it.

Room Tip: I always stay on the first floor cause my husband is handicapped and love the easy access to the roo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jeanette W
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have stayed at this property multiple times. The service is excellent. The G.M. Jay knows me by sight and I am always greeted warmly by name upon my return. He is always concerned that my stay is satisfactory. I have constantly heard him express the same interest in other guest. The rate is an excellent value for the area and near multiple dinning venues. I would give them 10's across the board.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Daniel F
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

A good clean hotel for the price. Conveniently located right off Route 30 near the Tanger Outlet and lots of other shopping areas, too. There is a Texas Roadhouse, Applebee's, and I Hop within walking distance.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends