I stayed at this hotel for a four night vacation in August. In addition to the attractive price (less than half the price of comparable hotels in the area), my choice was based on the hotel's centralized location and its extensive amenities (including heated outdoor pool; free breakfast; free local/ long distance calls and Wi-Fi; and a refrigerator, coffeemaker, and microwave in room).
In most aspects, the hotel met or exceeded my expectations. My room was clean and spacious with a comfortable bed, a good shower, and a good refrigerator, television, coffee maker, and microwave. Although not as heated as some other heated pools, the pool was clean and comfortable to swim in with an ample number of comfortable lounge chairs. There was also a small fitness center with a treadmill and a Universal Gym in good working order. The desk staff were very helpful with providing me directions to sights as well as printing out some discount coupons for me.
The hotel nevertheless had a few minor drawbacks. These included the following:
There was no dresser in my room. I had to empty the end table of the phone books and Bible and use its two drawers as my dresser drawers. Although this was sufficient for me (one person travelling light), it would not be an acceptable solution for a family or even a couple.
Although passable, the breakfast could have been improved with some minor changes. The cereal choices included Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran, and packets of instant Quaker oatmeal (mostly the flavored varieties). For people watching their sugar intake, the only choice was the plain oatmeal packets which were not always available. The addition of bagels or some sort of plain roll to the breakfast offerings would also be welcome by those who do not desire a breakfast loaded with sugar. The batter available for guests to make their own waffles is a malt based batter (as opposed to the more typical buttermilk batter) which produced waffles with an unusual taste.
There was no laundry bag in the room. When I asked for one, the housekeeping staff gave me a 20 gallon garbage bag which was bulky and impractical to handle.
The Wi-Fi service was intermittent. I had to call the desk several times during my stay to ask to have the router reconnected to the Internet.
Overall, the benefits outnumbered the drawbacks of this hotel, and I would definitely consider staying their again as well as recommending it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Roof Inn of Lancaster - Strasburg is a gem in the heart of Lancaster County's Dutch Country. The hotel is made up of 95 newly RENOVATED spacious rooms. The recently updated property also features handicap accessible rooms, deluxe rooms and Jacuzzi suites. Red Roof Inn of Lancaster is ideally situated amongst the greatest Lancaster County theatres, attractions, eateries and shopping centers. A seasonal pool, ample on-site parking and location adjacent to Golden Corral and Texas Roadhouse adds to our convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Red Roof Inn, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Red Roof Inn Lancaster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancaster Red Roof Hotel Lancaster
- Lancaster Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof Inn Lancaster Pa