“I Always Stay Here When in Lancaster”

Red Roof Inn Lancaster
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
“I Always Stay Here When in Lancaster”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I travel to Lancaster 2 or 3 times a year, and I always stay at this Red Roof Inn. I find it convenient, safe and very pleasant. I always use the Red Roof website for reservations, and have never had an issue. Check in is quick and pleasant. During my recent stay I did have issue with the WiFi not working all the time but it was not that much of a problem. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. I enjoy being able to walk to restaurants after driving and working all day. I consider the stay a very good value for my money.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 21 August 2014

On Aug 6,2014 thru August 9, 2914 I stayed at the red roof Inn in Lancaster, PA on Rt 30.. It was the worst motel I have ever stayed in. We booked the motel on telephone. We were told that all the rooms very nice.
When we arrived on Wed August 6,2014 and was given the key to room. We went to room &
the room looked like it had not been dusted in 3-4 WEEKS. The phone was so dirty I was afraid
to touch it. It was disgusting. The alarm clock was no better. The furniture looked like something that should have been in the city dump. The TV stand had all the finish off it. We left the room and went to several motel in the area which were all booked up. We went back to the Red Roof Inn and complained to the person at the front desk. They gave us another room which was about 7% better than the first room. There was no dresser in the 2nd room, and the bathroom floor had big white paint spots on the floor. I guess the person who paint the ceiling was to lazy to clean the paint off the floor. On the rug behind the leg of the TV stand there appear to be dog poop on the rug which we did not notice until after we removed our luggage when we were checking out. The room cost $99.00 plus tax for Wed and Thursday and $119.00 plus tax for Friday. RED ROOF INN considered this room a DELUXE ROOM I would never. never recommend RED ROOF INN to any one. They need to check on there help and make sure they are what they are suppose to do. (CLEAN ROOMS)

1 Thank Maureen D
altima2008
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is my first time staying at a red roof inn and will go back. The check in/out person was friendly and was efficient. The room was clean and comfortable. The pool was a nice bonus on a hot day. The breakfast wasn't the greatest but wasn't the worst either.

If you want a hotel that is budget friendly and close to everything I would try red roof inn. Rockvale and tanger outlets are nearby along with dutch wonderland and close to alot of the areas attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north end of the hotel away from route 30.
2 Thank altima2008
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Clean, reasonable and well located for our visit. Dog friendly as we have a bearded collie. Parking is excellent as we are handicapped. Beds are good, however the pillows need upgrading. Sine we have stayed there before we take our own pillows.

1 Thank Norman T
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I really through I had a good deal. But it was one of the worst places I ever stayed. I walk into my room and found it was not clean. Then was given a nother room and that room was clean but the room door was away from the frame so u had a gap that anyone can push my door open anytime. Not safe at all

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Brian B
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Avoid this hotel, they will lie to you.

We arrived the same day as BeaPA (aug. 12th) and had exactly the same problem for other reasons... The guy at the office told us they had a problem with five rooms because of the rain. He told us to go to a nearby hotel saying he has made arrangements and that the Red Roof Inn would pay for us and we wouldn't have to pay anything. When we got there, this was not true. No arrangements were made, the personnel from the other hotal didn't who we were and why we were coming and we would have been charged for the room. Worst, the other hotel had no double beds rooms avalaible. I called Expedia with which I had the reservation done and they found me another hotel.

New Jersey
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a four night vacation in August. In addition to the attractive price (less than half the price of comparable hotels in the area), my choice was based on the hotel's centralized location and its extensive amenities (including heated outdoor pool; free breakfast; free local/ long distance calls and Wi-Fi; and a refrigerator, coffeemaker, and microwave in room).

In most aspects, the hotel met or exceeded my expectations. My room was clean and spacious with a comfortable bed, a good shower, and a good refrigerator, television, coffee maker, and microwave. Although not as heated as some other heated pools, the pool was clean and comfortable to swim in with an ample number of comfortable lounge chairs. There was also a small fitness center with a treadmill and a Universal Gym in good working order. The desk staff were very helpful with providing me directions to sights as well as printing out some discount coupons for me.

The hotel nevertheless had a few minor drawbacks. These included the following:

There was no dresser in my room. I had to empty the end table of the phone books and Bible and use its two drawers as my dresser drawers. Although this was sufficient for me (one person travelling light), it would not be an acceptable solution for a family or even a couple.

Although passable, the breakfast could have been improved with some minor changes. The cereal choices included Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran, and packets of instant Quaker oatmeal (mostly the flavored varieties). For people watching their sugar intake, the only choice was the plain oatmeal packets which were not always available. The addition of bagels or some sort of plain roll to the breakfast offerings would also be welcome by those who do not desire a breakfast loaded with sugar. The batter available for guests to make their own waffles is a malt based batter (as opposed to the more typical buttermilk batter) which produced waffles with an unusual taste.

There was no laundry bag in the room. When I asked for one, the housekeeping staff gave me a 20 gallon garbage bag which was bulky and impractical to handle.

The Wi-Fi service was intermittent. I had to call the desk several times during my stay to ask to have the router reconnected to the Internet.

Overall, the benefits outnumbered the drawbacks of this hotel, and I would definitely consider staying their again as well as recommending it to others.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the back of the hotel, as these are away from the highway and quieter. I by chan...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo