“No Marriott but a great hotel”

Red Roof Inn Lancaster - Strasburg
Ranked #33 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is certainly no Marriott but it was enjoyable. Some friends and I stayed this past April and were very satisfied with our stay. It came with all promised amenities such as mini fridge, cable, wifi etc. The staff was pleasant ad their was plenty of parking.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 May 2014

When we got there the place looked a mess. It is under construction, When we went to check in they sent us to another hotel . We were very disappointed !!!!! I think they should give their customers a heads up & call or email before we get there, I will never book with them again, Beware if you are planning on going there.

Room Tip: Never got to a room. They sent us to another hotel !!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Our grand daughter called me on my cell phone while we were in Kitchen Kettle Village at the Cafe ordering Lunch. Rooms are not ready. You are now staying at Red Roof Inn , arrangements are made for the same price. Good thing we had our cellphones with us. I do thank them for making the arrangements for the same price, but last minute business is not a good thing. What I'm saying is ..we were already in Lancaster starting our trip. This should have been taken care of the day before. An early warning is important to a traveler. And this was our 37th Anniversary trip.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oceancitylover
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed here one night. It is presently undergoing renovation. The outside doesn't look great and hasn't yet been touched, but the room that we stayed in was great on the inside. New flooring/carpet, great shower fixture, nice double sink, tv worked well (except could not adjust the volume). There was a faint paint smell, which quickly disappeared after we turned on the airconditioning for a little while. Tatiana was a terrific manager - very professional, helpful and hands on. I called for pillows and she brought them right over. For the cost of the stay, it was worth it and I would come back again.

Room Tip: If you're not traveling with a pet - ask to stay away from those rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donna712
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Remodeling in progress, most rooms not available, the room we had had part of the wall covered temporarily with the board, broken furniture. Breakfast served from 7 am, in a room turned into storage, with boxes and supplies scattered around, and one dirty table in the middle. Requested room with two beds, not available. The internet not accessible in our room. The parking and surroundings full of mud, not finished.
I cannot understand how this facility can be offered to guests in such horrible state!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
3  Thank Beata J
Reviewed 2 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
2  Thank James P
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This place should be condemned!!!! I do not know how they can stay open for business, obviously someone is not doing there job. We had reservations months in advance for our volleyball team to stay for a tournament. Upon arrival after a 4 hour drive we were told they could not accommodate all of us and sent us to another dive hotel. Some of us stayed to look at the rooms and again I say this place should be condemned!! The outside was very dark with pieces of plywood on the ground. I felt like I was walking down the street in some "red light" district as we were trying to find the room. Which by the way was labeled with yellow post it notes. When we did find the room and went inside I would not consider it "renovated" unless you call a 4ft by 2ft hole in the wall with wires hanging out renovated!!! Shame on you Travelodge for advertising as you do and expecting your horrific conditions to be ok with travelers. I would not let my sick dying dog stay there if I had one.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family