“Horrible stay”

Days Inn & Suites
Ranked #31 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
“Horrible stay”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Would like a full refund...
I have photos. .an its a 3star...no wayDONT STAY..bathroom exaust had hole where there was to be one..outlets with no covers says they have a pool..Not!
No pool ..bad tv.mold around fridge seals an open up to find freezer needed defrosted. Rugs a mess in room an hall ways

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Kim H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Can't beat the price, but at what cost? Everything was worn out, thin mattress, old bedspreads etc. Stains on furniture made me not sit on any of it. Even with the stains I would still say overall it was clean for the age of this property which is the only thing that kept me there (that and there were no other avail hotels near our relations). Their website it NOT up to date, they only have fridges in King Suites and there is NOT A POOL. It looks like they haven't had one in working condition in many years. The breakfast was not worthy of more then just to walk past it and go somewhere else. Either McDonalds or two lefts out of driveway is Grand Central Cafe - go there, the quiche is to die for! For a non smoking place it constantly smelled like smoke in the lobby. My nephew had to request a room change due to odor.
I couldn't wait to get home.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Wish they had a pool but after a bad experience at a hotel we had to leave due to poor quality, this was great. Nice breakfast and rooms were modern, Had a little problem with the sheets being wet when put on, but when we pointed that out to the staff, they immediately responded and changed everything. Near a train track but never heard the trains that night.

Room Tip: Not lift so get a room on the first floor if you can't manage the stairs.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night for a basketball tournament in the area. I wasn't sure what to expect because of the price but most of the TripAdvisor reviews were positive. Our stay was great. The staff was accomodating and friendly. Rooms were clean and the price was wonderful based on the rest of the area. I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BigPoppaP40
Lincoln, New Hampshire
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

The room was very clean and very spacious. The staff was very accommodating. I enjoyed my stay and recommend this hotel to anyone. I think it's a great deal. Should be at least a three star hotel. The hotel is close to all the attractions,the Pennsylvania Dutch Amish areas.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Someone else booked my stay here. Reading the reviews, I had serious misgivings, but I didn't feel like it was my place to complain about lodgings I wasn't paying for, so I arrived prepared to make the best of things. One arrives in a dreary parking lot--there's a sign at the drive, but nothing on the building itself, and the place reminded me architecturally of a mortuary. Likewise, upon entering, the place was quiet (too quiet for a hotel in late afternoon) and institutional looking. Still, I figured, it just needs to be clean and a place to sleep. I checked in and got to the room, which was spacious, and that's about the last good thing I could say about it. It was super dated and dreary--probably hadn't been redone since the 70s, and the TVs probably dated from the 90s at best--not flat panels, but the bulky old school ones. The desk chair was creaky and stained, and while maybe there was an outlet nearby, I couldn't find one. The bigger problems, however, were in cleanliness. I discovered a dozen plus dead ants on the window sill, and on top of one of the picture frames, several months worth of dust. The cover on the bed was fraying in all kinds of places, but after the ants and the dust, to be honest, the cover was the least of my worries. I called my hosts, told them about the situation, and less than an hour after my arrival, I was on my way back to the front desk to check out. To her credit, the woman at the front desk was very apologetic (we'll see if they try to bill my hosts) and gracious about it. It's just not a place at which I felt comfortable staying, given the cleanliness situation. In fact, it reminded me of just the sort of hotel that could have used the efforts of the Hotel Impossible crew, as it's in desperate need of a makeover and improved cleaning processes/standards. I wish them luck in turning things around, but I wouldn't stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jonplaywright
saylorsburg
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Room was clean which is one of the most important things. The exterior of the hotel looked ok and it was easy to get to. The inside was ok but it needs updating as does the room but it was fine for a few nights if you just need a place to sleep. The heat was an older type unit but worked fine. Bathroom was clean and adequate but the shower was just not very wide which was real strange. Also, the doors of the room have tendency to slam close which could wake a lot of people. The room walls were also a little thin where you could hear the people in adjacent rooms. The breakfast was limited to donuts which were good, bagel, english muffins, breads. There was some cereal and milk and bananas and oatmeal packets. There was coffee which was ok, and some juices of OJ and Apple, the oj was ok but the Apple lacked any taste. Fair price for what you get, would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank steve c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County
#25 of 39 in Lancaster
Heritage Hotel
Heritage Hotel
#20 of 39 in Lancaster

Been to Days Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!