“Weekday Stay in Lancaster”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
Old Mill Stream Campground
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Weekday Stay in Lancaster”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Overall I would like to say that this camp ground was very good. However, it was not all that I expected. This is mostly an RV campground. I was staying in a tent and I might have seen only 3-4 more parties in tents. This was not too much of an issue, but it made me feel a little bit less secure.

Pros: Very, very clean bathrooms. The shower pressure was fantastic! And the bathrooms were empty most of the time (never had to wait for the shower or other facilities). This was a big plus for me since we were staying in a tent. Fairly quiet at night. By 10 pm most people were sleeping or have quietly crawled back into their RVs. Very close to all attractions in Lancaster. About a 35 minute drive to Hershey.

Cons: This camp ground is right off Lincoln Highway. Although it is deeper into the property, you can still hear trucks go by and noise from other businesses. There is also practically no barrier between Dutch Wonderland and the campground. Although this may been a good thing if you have kids, the roller-coaster nosily goes by every couple minutes. Lastly, there is no one who monitors the camp ground at night. The office closes at 5pm and only opens back up at 9am -- although there is an emergency number. Once again, in an RV this should not be a problem, but in a tent you may feel a little less safe (although I got the feeling that Lancaster is a pretty safe place).
This isn't the fault of the campground per say, but be prepared to be woken up by geese at 5:30 am!! They stop by 7am, but I had no luck falling back asleep by this point.

Although I cons my seem kind of long, do not get the wrong impression. The campground worked well for my needs. My boyfriend and I were just looking for a cheaper option to spend the night during our mini vacation (since most hotels were $100-$150). However, if you want a remote camping trip, away from the hustle and bustle, you may want to reconsider.

Room Tip: The closer you are to the stream, the farther you are from the busy street and a little more privacy...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vitab991

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Smithsburg, Maryland
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Wonderful campground. Staff was so friendly when we arrived and during our stay. Campsites are close to each other but for a short stay they were very nice. Can't say enough about the bathrooms and showers - cleanest I have ever seen!. Positively, absolutely would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gin47723
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Great campground. Nice sites with good shade. Restrooms clean and well maintained. Decent store on-site, but there is plenty of shopping nearby. Good place to stay while exploring PA Dutch country. Outlet shopping practically walking distance. We walked to Dutch Wonderland next door (same owners). One day, an Amish man came through with a "pie cart" selling pastries. Only two things I would mention - no pool and most of the sites are back-in. Depending on your camper, you might not have the hook-ups on the correct side. The pool wasn't a huge problem for us but it would have enhanced our stay as it was 90+ every day and we have a 6-year old. But Dutch Wonderland has a nice water park (of course that costs $'s). I wrote a separate review of the park. We have a pop up camper with full hook-ups and I had to pull in forward at an angle with my truck going into the site next door in order to get my hook-ups on the correct side. I would go again but would ask for a specific site using the online map.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 June 2013

From the minute we arrived until the time we departed, we were very pleased with the campground. Very friendly staff. Hands down the cleanest bathrooms I have ever seen at a campground. We walked to Dutch Wonderland and had a great day there as well. The ice cream truck drives through the camp at night and the Amish bakery wagon comes by on the weekend mornings. I would highly recommend this campground to anyone.

Mike

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Michael W
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We just stayed there for Memorial Day Weekend and being new to camping since last season, it was wonderful. The campground was clean and roads are paved which was nice. The staff was equally welcoming. I was shocked how close we were to everything but yet heard no noise or saw sights it was near the main highway. At the back of the campground was a beautiful meadow with farm life. It was perfect! Would definitely recommend and plan staying there again soon!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank christineg121
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 17 May 2013

When we want a quick get away, we always end up at the Old Mill Stream Campground. The grounds are very well kept, level sites, the bathrooms and family shower rooms are extremely clean, heated and tiled. There is plenty to do in walking distance. Dutch Wonderland is right next door, we took our grand-daughter there last year and she loved it. Can't wait to bring her back in June. They do not have a pool but there are swing sets, slides for the little ones and a working farm just across the stream. The campground store is small but if they don't have what you are looking for, there is a Target and a grocery store in the area. There full hookup includes electric, water, sewer, cable and internet. It is worth the money they charge for one night. There is a huge farmers market about 5-10 minutes away where you can get great fudge, meats, breads, snacks and Amish souvenirs.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Loraine052
Gibbstown, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 March 2013

This campground offers something for everyone. Staff at office are very nice. Bathrooms are clean, especially like the larger family bathroom. The steam runs along the back of the campground and there is farmland on the other side. Dutch Wonderland is right next to us where we can see the roller coaster etc. I'm not sure if that is a noise problem because it is off season. I especially like the outlets on the other side of Lincoln Hwy. Plenty of places to eat, shop and visit. Strasburg railroad is just minutes away. Driving around the Lancaster area of course you can't miss seeing the Amish driving horse and buggy. There is a small store, propane, firewood, buddy sites, playground but no pool. Our family will be back againg this season, love it here

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends