“Loved our stay and we're coming back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
Old Mill Stream Campground
South Jersey
“Loved our stay and we're coming back!”
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We first spotted the campground last year during our visit to Dutch Wonderland and thought it was idyllic. We recently returned from an overnight trip and loved our experience. I have to agree with previous posters about their experience with the staff - everyone seemed especially friendly and they always seemed to be cleaning sites, picking up trash or helping someone. Our water and electric site 301 had problems with electricity and they zoomed over within five minutes to fix it. Bathrooms were immaculate and airconditioned and I especially appreciated the family bathroom/shower in the pavillion when taking my 4 year old daughter with me.

Most of the sites were occupied by upscale RVs and campers with retirees and families and lots of friendly dogs. Although we heard an some noise from Dutch Wonderland, everything was definitely quieted down and mellow once dusk hit. We tried fishing in the morning following the advice of someone in the office who mentioned there were lots of catfish biting just using bits of hotdogs. In half in hour, we caught at least 4 small fish that were trout, bass and sunnies - enough to make the adults happy and the kids scream with joy.

We checked in at 2 pm, set up camp and relaxed for a bit. At 5, we walked 10 minutes to Dutch Wonderland and took advantage of getting in for free for the last few hours if you bought tickets for the next day. A great deal especially since the park starts to empty out at that time and there was almost no wait time for the rides and the temperatures cooled down.

Our only regret is we didn't see the Amish man with his cart come by with baked goodies but perhaps that's only in the weekends. We'll return again - the prices are right, staff was great, the campground is clean and the other guests were all nice. No rowdy groups and a great location within minutes of many tourist attractions.

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank IndigoOnTheGo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
dee999
Reviewed 2 September 2008

I went there about 2 weeks ago with my friend's family
and stayed for one night on Sunday.
(4 adults, 2 kids under 4, 2 tents, 2 cars)

It was the first time camping for both families and
we both had such a great experience with Old Mill Stream.
People in the office were all kind and helpful and the RV site
was bigger than I expected.

Oh!!! There's something I can tell you about RV site.
When I called the office to reserve 2 tent sites, they said
there was only one primitive site left available.
But soon she said there was a RV site that has enough
grass for 2 tents and extra cars.
So we did reserve & paid for only 1 RV spot(w/ water and electric) and for extra tent and car. Total came out $40(4 adults, 2kids under 4, 2tents, 2 cars)
Isn't it great? It was for 2 families and each paid only $20
for one night :)

I remember reading one of the reviews that the site is
not big enough and very close to neighboring spots.
I worried a little since we have kids but it wasn't really
that narrow and small.
There was so much grass left even after we set up both
tents( 9' x 9' and 11' x 11' ) and kids were running and running.

If you want a spot with bigger grass for extra tents and for kids play, tell them to get one on Summers dr.
#435 was where we stayed and the bathroom/shower is right in front of it. And if you stay on Summers dr, the Dutch Wonderland is right next to it. You don't have to walk much. about 3-5minutes?
We could see the rollercoaster going around 200m away and heard people scream:) We were just so busy going after our kids that the noise didn't really bother us that much, but I thought some people might not like it.

The campground is really in the middle of all the famous places
of Lancaster. Toy train museum is located within 10 minutes
Dutch Wonderland 5 minute, Amish town 5~10 minutes..
And I saw all the major shopping centers and family diners right out of the campground.

We only stayed for one night and spent most of our time
at Dutch Wonderland for our kids, but I'd definately go back
to Old Mill Stream for next visit.
Such a pleasant stay and experience :)
I hope this review helps those who are planning
camping in Lancaster.

• Liked — very kind and helpful office staffs / clean clean bathroom/shower
  • Disliked — rollercoaster noise right next to campground
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
5 Thank dee999
New Jersey
Reviewed 2 June 2008

Millstream Manor Campground is wonderful. i can't say enough about it. My husband & 9 year love to camp but i am not ready for the woods quite yet (or ever, probably) but this campground is close to the outlets, Dutch Wonderland and about 1/2 an hour away from Hershey Park. The employees are very nice and very helpful. And now for the campground itself. It is very peaceful and very well maintained. The bathrooms are, dare i say it...immaculate!! No problem taking a shower at all. There aren't very many "tent" campers(we did tent camp) but there are some spaces near a very peaceful stream.And everyday the farmer across the stream sends his cows down and it is so funny to watch them "swim" there. If you have kids they will be delighted watching this go on. And the best part(other than the clean bathrooms) is that on the weekends (fri-sat) an Amish man & his wife come around selling fresh baked goods out of their buggy. We loved it! He comes around the campground ringing a bell to let you know that they are there if you are interested. And let me tell you, you will be. The pies, cookies, &coffee cake were awesome. My daughter & niece stood by the roadside paitiently waiting for him to come down our path. It was so cute to watch them get so excited. My only complaint is the geese in the morning but by the 2nd day they become your alarm clock. Like I said, I'm not a camping kind of girl but i loved it and I can't wait to go back. Well being so close to the outlets didn't hurt either!

• Liked — The nice clean bathrooms (hard to find at a campground) & the peacefullness
  • Disliked — Those darn geese!!!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank vacationgirl62
NY
Reviewed 10 May 2008

After reading the other review for this campground we booked it. It was a great place to camp. Very close to the attractions, family friendly and the staff was quite accomodating. We wanted to leave our TT on the site after check out time so we could go to Hershey Park without it in tow and there was no problem. When we pulled in after the office was closed there was still someone available to help us to our site. It was shaddy, and there was a nice playground for the kids. The stream that runs through has cows on the other side and one of the boat rides from Dutch Wonderland goes by. An Amish horse and buggy came through selling snacks around dinner time. If you have a big rig you should request a pull through site. We watched a few people stuggle to back in to the site when there was another camper next to it. One more thing-there is an obvious scent of horse.cow manure which took a little getting used too but like I mentioned there are cows and lots of farmland all around you.

• Liked — The locaiton
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank ODSmommy
Fayetteville, PA
Reviewed 24 May 2006

If you like camping and you are headed to Lancaster, PA, this is the place to do it! The location can't be beat, right in the heart of Lancaster activities...Dutch Wonderland, The American Music Theatre, Rockvale Outlets, Buggy rides, The Amish Farm and so much more are all within 5 minutes. But as a camper, the most important thing to me is the bathrooms. These are the cleanest and nicest bathrooms I have ever used at a campground. I have stayed at hotels that didn't have bathrooms as nice as these. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They aren't hard to find as they are nearly always running around cleaning something or running errands. You would think that being so close to Dutch Wonderland and Route 30, it would be noisy. Not so....it is very peaceful. There are so many amenities, like a gameroom, playground, paddleboats, 2 laundromats, a nice store and an Amish family goes through each day with baked goods for sale. A slow stream runs next to the campground for a very nice atmosphere. I almost forgot to mention that there are lots of tall trees that shade the sites, which is a must during the hot summertime. This is a great campground for families, seniors and young couples. There is something here for everyone.

• Stayed May 2004