“Quality stay”

Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Charleroi, Pennsylvania
“Quality stay”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have stayed at a number of hotel/motels in the Lancaster area and will return to this one on our next trip to the area. Am a platinum level member and check in was a little slow, the express check out was easy. This is a great location- right within a huge outlet in walking distance. The room was clean and fresh smelling. The beds and pillows were super comfortable, Breakfast was ok My only complaint about it would be the second morning I was there I got to the breakfast room 30 minutes before the scheduled end and they had already started taking down the breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank James R
LNSSW_Admin, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear James R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback for the TripAdvisor community. I am glad to hear that you will be choosing to stay with us again during your future ventures to Lancaster.

While you mention several areas where we impressed, I apologize that the check-in process was a little slow and that the breakfast set-up was being taken down early. I will be sure to discuss these items during our next manager’s meeting so that the appropriate department heads can move forward in making improvements to these areas.

Thank you again for your feedback. We will see you again soon!

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
york, pa
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed for just one night because we were attending a concert at the American Music Theatre across the street. It is a typical Holiday Inn room. The front desk service was prompt and friendly. The room was clean, with 2 queen beds, tv, etc. Bathroom was clean and had all the essentials. The property itself was well-kept. The location was ideal for shopping, restaurants and the theatre. The free breakfast was fine. They served eggs, Canadian bacon, biscuits, really good cinnamin buns, bagels, French toast, etc. Parking was easy and free.
Overall, I was completely satisfied. Nothing to write home about.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank genoac
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear genoac,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ben J
Cherokee, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have stayed here numerous times and would never want to stay anywhere else. The staff has never been anything less than kind and courteous and know the area well so they can offer advice on attractions and restaurants. It is located in the center of the Rockvale outlets with numerous restaurants within walking distance. Also, it is right across from the American Music Theater. Free wifi and plenty of parking with a nice outdoor pool. Breakfast is simple. ALWAYS clean!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KJP1986
LNSSW_Admin, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear KJP1986,

Thank you for taking the time to share with the TripAdvisor community. We certainly appreciate your kind words and continued patronage! Our entire staff—from front desk to housekeeping to maintenance—are very appreciative of your praises. We will continue to serve our customers to the best of our abilities and go “above and beyond” the call of duty.

Thanks again!
Toronto
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed here for one night while on business. Everything about this property is OK. By that I mean decent and basic accomadations. As others have mentioned, the location is ideal if shopping at the outlet mall as you can walk from the hotel to pretty much every store. Parking seemed plentiful as well.

The hotel is fairly clean; my room was quite spacious with all the "standard" ammenities you expect; flat screen TV, decent wifi, relatively comfortable bed, fridge and microwave, etc. I did find the washroom quite small, with a very low vanity, and a few cracked floor tiles.

Regarding the title of my review, the room was noisy at night and not due to people. The fridge was so loud I end up unplugging it; there must have been a slow leak in the toilet as every hour or so the tank would refill, and that was loud. Lastly, despite turning the HVAC unit completely off because of noise, for some strange reason it too would have the fan come on every hour or so, which was also very loud!

This place is good value, except for the noise!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ToSquareBob1
LNSSW_Admin, Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear ToSquareBob1,

Thank you for taking time to write a detailed review of your experience with us. As you mentioned, our location is ideal for those looking to go outlet shopping. I’m also glad that you enjoyed all the amenities that our hotel offers.

I apologize, however, that you experienced noise in the room. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I will be sure to pass this information on to our maintenance department in order to have this corrected promptly.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The price was good and check in went smooth. They no longer give it the Chocolate pretzels that are made locally and extra awesome. Everything was ok until breakfast. The woman who was suppose to maintaining the breakfast area sat there on her phone playing bejeweled the whole time. From the time I walked in through my meal , back for seconds , and then a third on coffee she never moved to check anything . Wheat toast had run out and tables werent being wiped down. Thats ok she got paid to play bejeweled. I would think that at least while guest are present you would make it look like you are working.. I checked out on 12/20/2013. It was amazing how she never even looked up or checked a thing the whole time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank IsupportRonPaul
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear TheSidingGuy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see the service at breakfast prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Nice location. Friendly staff. Room was clean. I didn't try the breakfast as there is a Cracker Barrel nearby. I'm from Lancaster and was visiting with family during the Christmas holidays. This hotel was nearby to a relative. I normally stay at the Hampton Inn, which was booked solid, hence the reason for selecting this Holiday In Express. I would select again. It is within easy walking distance of most of the Rockvale retailers and across the street from a music theater.

Room Tip: The hotel resides within the Rockvale outlet center and is not easy to see from the main highway. L...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jrzj42
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear jrzj42,

Thank you for leaving your feedback about your recent stay. It is good to know that our location was suitable for your needs and you found our rooms to be clean. It is always nice to receive commendable feedback from our valued guests like you.

I hope the next time your travels bring you back to the area, you choose us again for your lodging needs.

Pam G
Roanoke, VA
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The location of this property is awesome. Basically in the middle of the outlet center. However, when we got ready to take a shower in the morning, we found the diverter was stuck and made the shower inoperable. We called the front desk and was told maintenance didn't come in until 9:00. The clerk did come to the room and confirmed that it was broken. We then told her that we were going out to breakfast and asked if it could be fixed when we returned. She assured us that would happen, but an hour later we returned - still broken. By then, it was time to leave. We did get half off the room, but I rather would have had a hot shower. Very disappointing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hokiechip
LNSSW_Admin, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Dear Hokiechip,

Thank you for your recent feedback. I am glad that you found our location at the Rockvale Outlets convenient for you. I am sorry, however, that you experienced a problem with your stay and that we failed to resolve it in a timely manner. I will be sure to discuss it with the management team as well as with all front desk staff so that we can use it as a learning experience.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, don't hesitate to contact me at 717-293-9500 at your earliest convenience.