“Not Impressed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Far Rockaway, New York
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Called in advance to find out if the hotel was recently renovated to which I received a yes. When we got there I was not impressed at all. I have stayed at the Holiday inn express in Bensalem and Harrisburg NE and they were beautiful, clean and new....this was not! Our room had a terrible mildew smell and upon arrival there were crumbs and garbage on the floor. We have a baby that crawls around so this was certainly unacceptable! I do not recommend staying at this hotel! I too had to wash all my clothing when I returned home as the smell came home with me. The only positive I would say is that the hotel is in a good location.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mammaB5278
LNSSW_Admin, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Hello mammaB5278,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your stay with us. I am very sad to hear that you were not welcomed with a clean and fresh smelling room as you should expect. I have forwarded your comments onto my housekeeping department.

We are currently starting a renovation to update many aspects of our hotel and I would hope that you'd give us another chance to prove our hospitality.

Jennifer Abbas
Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

The hotel is undergoing renovations so I let the condition of the hallways go… very understandable. Our room was pool side, very nice I thought. We have small children, easy access is always appreciated. Our room smelled musty and always seemed damp. We found garbage under the beds and the sun blocking curtain had holes in it. The bathroom had mold in the shower, the fan in the ceiling was not set properly. I could hear the alarm clock of the room next to us.
Breakfast was ok, seating is tough on the weekends.
The pool is advertised as heated…. not so much, three of the four heat jets were working and it wasn’t the cleanest.
What really upset me, was it was 10:30am on our check out day and we were moving kids and luggage to the car. We had finished our first trip out and I was headed back into the room for round two. I found the maid in the hallway with my things telling me I had forgotten them. I was extremely angry and told her to stay out of the room. I called the front desk to complain and was told the housekeeping manager would be down to speak with the maid. I was there until 11am and never saw anyone. I don’t feel this is appropriate and we will not go back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hello torilee77,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention & apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced I am very sorry that we dropped the ball. That is not what you should expect when staying with us.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service & accommodations & your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guest, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive & welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn Express for your future travel needs.
White Hall, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I thought the man that signed us in was very rude & unfriendly. When we got to the room it had a very strong odor. It really was the smelliest room I have ever stayed in. When we got home the next day I had to remove everything from the suit case that was not even worn & wash them because they smelled so badly. The bathroom did not look like they really took thier time in cleaning. It was just over all HORRIBLE & SMELLY!!!! :-(

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
padutchhotels, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Sandyju2,

I just saw your comments regarding your recent stay with us and I must sincerely apologize as this is not our way either in service or product. Please accept my apologies.

If you could give me a call at 717-293-9500 ext. 304 so we can review your comments together. I would really appreciate it.

Respectfully,

Kings Park, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Clean & well maintained hotel just about 40 minutes away from Hershey! Nice and friendly staff! We have traveled here twice with our family and both times were great. The hotel is nestled right in the middle of the outlet center, which is so great if you want to run out and shop during some down time. It's not noisy or congested due to the stores, you would never know they were there. Complimentary breakfast area is immaculate and well stocked for a quick breakfast in the morning. Each room has a fridge and microwave, perfect when you have little kids and need to store items or warm up a bottle. I would recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I've heard to ask for rooms away from the elevator due to noise level at night.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
padutchhotels, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Danielle D.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your trip to beautiful Lancaster county. Our location does make it nice to enjoy the day being adventurous in Hershey all while knowing you can relax at the hotel. Our breakfast hostess always enjoys the company of our guests and loves to make sure everyone if fed before heading out for a full day of fun.

Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel and can't wait to see you on your next adventure.

Vineland, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We visited in July 2014 for our anniversary. The room, pool and entire facility was clean and neat. The hotel staff was warm and friendly. Tiffany at the front desk was exceptional! After chatting with her, she offered a suggestion for dinner, even made the reservation for us. It was wonderful! We will definitely stay here again! Bonus: Tiffany signed us up for the rewards program which gave us the ability to have a later check out time .... so much appreciated!

Room Tip: "Poolside" rooms, literally have a door right to the pool .... very nice!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank Sharon D
Dear Sharon D.

It is always wonderful when a team member exceeds our guests expectations. Tiffany is an outstanding member of our team and I will make sure she personally sees your acknowledgement.

So glad we could be apart of your anniversary plans and visit to beautiful Lancaster county.

Jackson, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed here after a day of shopping in Lancaster. Loved the location, as we were able to walk around the outlets and dine out within walking distance. The hotel itself was not bad. The room was clean. The person checking us in was not very helpful. I asked to pay cash for the night and he charged my credit card, which could not be reversed for a few days. Other than that, I would recommend this place for a night out in Lancaster.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mooddeegirl
Dear mooddeegirl,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. Being centrally located within the Rockvale Outlets does have its perks like 90 factory direct stores along with 8 nationally franchised fast & full services restaurants.

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during check in.. traditionally it is a seamless process whether you pay cash or credit card. We will review the proper procedures with the staff to ensure no one else is effected the way you were.

Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

You can travel and feel safe at HOLIDAY INN. our stay was excellent. Most of the motels and hotels are always full. We did not call ahead as we just wanted to go to see the AMISH TOUR AND see how they lived their daily life. WE took the bus tour and it was very interesting. WE just needed a place to stay while we figured out where we were and where we were going. JUST a spur of the moment road trip.and yes we did get lost but HOLIDAY INN IS ALWAYS ON YOUR MAP

Room Tip: if you go to a hotel that has rooms on different levels the highest is the best. as people are not...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LNSSW_Admin, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you Linda R!

Thank you for taking the time to share about your stay with us! I'm so glad to hear that we helped make your spur of the moment trip successful. As you now know, we are just minutes from all the Amish Country Attractions as well as plenty of shopping and restaurants.

We all look forward to your next trip and having you stay with us again!

Jennifer Abbas