“Great Value in the heart of the resor areas!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets

Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Long Island, NY
“Great Value in the heart of the resor areas!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2009

I usually do not stay with his chain but booked it for its location and convenience. This is a gem in the heart of all the Lancaster tourist areas. It is located on the Rockvale outlet property. I found the rooms clean and neat. The pool was quite nice and very clean and the fitness room although small did work for us.
The surprise was the breakfast buffet. Not your normal fair for a hotel like this. We stood over a weekend the first day the buffet included real hot scrambled eggs and the next day omlettes and bacon including your regular muffins etc. The staff in the restaurant was quite accommodating. I think one woman said god mooring to me about three times. Excellent customer service. It was a block away for the Amish Farm house, Chain restaurants are steps away including Cracker Barrel, Olive Garden and Chillis. A few minutes from the downtown City of Lancaster and about a 40 minute ride to Hereby Park. The central location and clean hotel and value for the price make this a prime place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Robby7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2009

This hotel met all of my expectations. It is a modern property and the rooms were in good condition. Although the location is in an outlet shopping center, the hotel was situated centrally to all the features of the lancaster area. The staff was friendly and the complimentary breakfast as well as the free internet access were very nice bonuses. The pool area was also very nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank centuriongt
Phil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2009

One of the best hotel i stayed in my recent road trip. The only problem is they overcharged my credit card by 20 dollars a night.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank mitan
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2009

Location is great! Right in the heart of all the action in the area. Fairly clean rooms, good service. Breakfast is sufficient. Eggs, cereal, toast, yoghurt, muffins, bananas, juice...all the basics are there. Perhaps a bit more fruit would be nice but it is certainly a personal preference, no complaints.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cosmic_babygirl
Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2009

I just recently stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn Express Rockvale. The best thing about this hotel is the close proximity to the Rockvale Shoping outlets and the American Music Theater. My mother and I were in town to see the American Idol Pop Tour at the American Music Theater located across the street. The front staff as we arrived were just okay, not overly friendly like i'm used to. The lobby is very nice and cozy. As we walked into our roon i noticed a slight smoke smell, but thought it was just my imagination since this is a smoke free hotel. I entered the bathroom to find a cigarette in the toilet, so it wasn't my imagination after all. I immediately went down to inform the front desk, so they wouldn't think it was me disobeying the rules. The clerk acted shocked but didn't offer us another room. Ok, that was fine, but when I returned I noticed that we didn't have any wash cloths in the bathroom. I also found a dirty sock at the end of the bed on the floor. It seemed to me that housekeeping did a lousy job if any with cleaning this room prior to the next guest arriving. I feel that all rooms should be checked prior to anyone coming through the door. The room did have a microwave and mini fridge. The bed was comfortable, but the pillow cases could use steaming or pressing. Appearance is everything. On the second day I went back down to the front desk to inquire about a comment card since I didn't see any in the room. The male clerk informed me that I didn't see one because they don't require comment cards. This was the prime oportunity to ask me if there was a problem. Check out time I wasn't even asked how was my stay. Maybe I'm just too picky when it comes to Hotels, but i'm a part-time Travel agent and I like to try out various Hotels in order to bring the best to my clients. To me, this hotel needs improvement with people skills and housekeeping.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank BermudaQueen
State College, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2009

We stayed here to catch a late show & do some shopping. Although the hotel was clean & rooms were fine, I was incredulous the following morning when no cheese omelets, no breakfast meat, no country gravy & most unbelievable of all, no cinnamon rolls! Holy cow, I stay in a lot of H-Inn expresses & this is the first time this has ever happened as long as I can remember (since they first implemented this cinnamon roll tradition). I really felt let down.

• Stayed December 2008
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank trip4four
NY Metro area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2008

Great location, clean and comfortable room, hearty breakfast selection and John, the General Manager, is the best. He supplied us with teddy bears, chocolate covered pretzels and great ideas for a family-fun 2 day stay. Would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Unidentified odor in hallway
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family