“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
east coast
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2009

Our group of six was given adjacent rooms. The beds were comfortable, linens and towels were good quality, room was quiet, comfortable and clean. Plenty of extra pillows. Microwave and fridge in room. Staff very helpful and breakfast was delicious. Conveniently located. In summary, a very nice hotel, would stay again in a heartbeat, and I can "nit-pick" if things are not to my liking, but I could find nothing bad.....it's a great place!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank dlane46

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
brooklyn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2009

i spoke to the rep. who does booking and they told me they only have a smoking room available so i said o no i dont wanna sleep with that smell and he said well it doesnt smell because we wash everything and keep central air on . so i said ok .let me tell you it was so bad that when you walk in through the exit closest to that room the smell starts from when you open that exit door to come in and when i was driving home all the stuff i had in that room smelled horrible and my car got infected with that smell i had to wash everything and my car sprayed a bottle of air freshner and left windows open all night .. the only good thing about it was the cinnamon buns ummm they were good ..the staff at the desk were nice ..

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank giovy25
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2009

The front desk staff is very helpful and very friendly. Our room was very nice and clean, and we were very comfortable there. The hostess at the breakfast bar kept the food well stocked and everything was delicious. We have stayed there many times over the past three years, and we are always well pleased with our stay. This hotel is one we will always plan on staying in when we are in the Lancaster area. The nice thing about it is the location, since it not only is in the Rockvale Square Outlet, but it is very near alot of other areas.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PennsylvaniaBachi
Ewing, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

This hotel is ideally located in the middle of the Rockvale Outlets and directly across from the American Music Theatre. Rooms were clean and the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cathep
Massillon, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2009

My family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, just off of the Lincoln Highway in Lancaster, PA. We chose this location because it was just north of Strasburg, where we saw the excellent "In the Beginning" musical at the Sight & Sound Millennium theater.

This hotel is a little ways off the main highway, tucked in an outlet shopping area. It has an nice, and clean, outdoor pool within its courtyard. Our room was on the first floor, facing the swimming pool, so we had 2 doors - 1 in the hallway and 1 to the courtyard. The room had 2 queen beds (my preferred size), a refrigerator and microwave, decent sized tube color TV, and wireless internet. The room was in good shape and clean. We did, however, have some problems getting the card keys to read, especially for the courtyard door.

The only problem that we really had, besides the key cards, was that the hotel must have been booked, or close to it. When we arrived back at the hotel, after the Sight & Sound show, there were only a few parking spaces left in the back corner of the hotel. That corner is not lit up at night. I believe that this hotel needs more adequate parking and lighting. Then in the morning, it seemed that most of the guests headed to breakfast at the same time, just 30 minutes before closing - our mistake as well. It was very crowded, but we managed to share a table with some other guests. The food did not totally run out, but it we did have to wait a few times for replenishing. A pretty good job for all the people there.

In the end, I would recommend staying at this hotel. It is close to Amish country attractions, as well as Sight & Sound theater. There are plenty of restaurants nearby as well.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Buckeye_Traveller
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2009

I stayed here recently with my family for a weekend of shopping and to see a show at the American Music Theater. This hotel is in a great location. We were greeted warmly by the receptionist on duty. He was kind and courteous. The hotel lobby is very nice and open. Our room was ready and we were directed to it. Upon entering the hallway we were greeted with a horrendous smell. It was like an orange cleaning spray trying to cover up something not so right. Our room was clean until further inspection. The floors were clearly not swept because there were crumbs throughout the room. Our air conditioning did not work. And the wiring to the wall was a fire waiting to happen. We wanted out of there... We called the front desk and were switched to another room immediately. The staff was very kind and courteous but the hotel is in need of a remodel. You would think that in the middle of such a tourist attraction such as Lancaster that Holiday Inn Express would see to this. In this economy and trying to stretch your buck as far as it can go, I expect better for my hard earned money. When you shell out a hundred plus dollars a night...you expect cleanliness, a room in working order and somewhat of a nice atmosphere and this is not what we received. I don't think I would return and take my chances on this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cfield830
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2009

I have stayed at this hotel many times before because it is close to everything and because I am a platinum member of Holiday Inn's Priority Club. The hotel has always maintained fairly nice standards, however, something has changed.
My first problem occurred while making the reservation. I was able to get a king size bed room for my 1st night and my 3rd night, but not the second. I called the hotel and they told me to make 3 separate reservations - booking a standard room for the 2nd night. I was told that they would accomodate the request at the time of check in.
When we arrived, the manager was checking people in. He was quite frazzled and short with everyone. He then explained that the area was under a tornado watch and shortly there after, the power went out. It returned after about 2 minutes. He then advised us that there was no king size bed available. When I told him of my Priority Club status and my direct call to the hotel, he seemed somewhat annoyed. Actually he advised me that my status was gold and not platinum. I clearly stated to him that that was just an accounting issue since I had been on the road for 14 days and had stayed mainly at Holiday Inn Hotels. Finally after about 30 minutes in total, we were given a king size bed room.
When we got into the room, we noticed that some towels had already been used and that both trash cans had garbage in them. Later that evening, my son went to sleep on the sofa bed and found no sheets on the bed. Being 15, he just slept with the blanket and pillow -ugh!
While using the bathroom th next morning, a small roach crawled across the floor. The front desk was advised of the situations and we were assured that everything would be taken care of.
That night, we found the sofa bed covered, however, the mattress was wrapped with the same blanket my son had slept with - no sheets. This time he went down to the front desk and got sheets.
The next morning, I was back at the front desk asking them to explain to housekeeping how to cover a sofa bed. There was also a roach spotted in the breakfast area at that time.
Thankfully, that night the sofa bed was made up properly, however, my patience with this hotel was finished.
As mentioned before, I have stayed at this hotel many times before - to be exact, we have stayed there 7 nights in the past 13 months. The hotel is just not up to par of where it was.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family