“Great night” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Great night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Found this place through Trip Advisor Reviews and I wholeheartedly agree. The food was excellent, the room pretty and the map and driving directions that they gave us were very helpful. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lark M, Owner at Lovelace Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Thanks Jill! I'm glad you got to take the driving tour on Monday and see some of the back roads in the County. We enjoyed having you stay with us and are happy that you enoyed it as well!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
New Philadelphia, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I took my sister to Lovelace Manor (Rose Room) for her birthday gift. We spent two nights in a place that was just wonderful! I
I have stayed at B&Bs in the past, some good, some not so good. When trying to book a new trip, the thing I have found is how how you are treated on the phone. First of all I would never suggest booking online until you have actually spoken with the innkeepers, that is your first clue as to how this experience will turn out.I searched all the B&Bs in the Lancaster County area and narrowed it to 2 because we were interested in 2 beds instead of a king or queen. I was totally leaning toward Greystone Manor in Bird in Hand until I read all the reviews. Even then, I still thought I would like to give it a try so I called. The lady who answered, no name given, was anything but helpful or pleasant but still I really liked the location. As our plans firmed up, I called again giving the benefit of doubt that my last call was a busy time, a bad day, anything...BUT...it was the same. She was in a rush, not helpful, not forthcoming with the prices on the internet and then I realized this would not be a good experience if that is how the phone call went.
My other choice was Lovelace Manor and WOW!! what a different experience! I spoke with Lark the first time and she was very pleasant, personable, helpful and I just felt very good about our conversation. I called again when I was sure of dates and spoke with Michael...again, he couldn't have been more helpful! My 3rd call was answered by Lark and I booked our stay. She gave me all kinds of helpful information and said she would have maps of out of the way places we might like to visit (and we did). She also booked seats for us to see NOAH at a discounted price.
You are still always leery! We arrived to a warm welcome by Lark and Michael and were given a tour of their beautiful home. Our room was absolutely beautiful with a little sitting room to read. Everything you see on line is exactly what we experienced. Then there was breakfast! WOW again...it was simply delicious...both mornings! We met great people and shared in nice conversation not only with other guests, but with Lark and Michael.
I would highly recommend Lovelace Manor, not only is it beautiful but Lark and Michael are by far, the best innkeepers I have ever experienced! Thank You

Room Tip: If you need 2 beds, this Rose Room that we stayed in is king or twin!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your stay. It means so much to us when we hear that we have helped to make your vacation a great experience. You two were such a delight, and we are so happy you chose Lovelace Manor. We wish you and your sister both the best!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Although this was our first time at a B&B, we could tell this was special from the moment we walked in. The innkeepers made us feel very welcome from the start and were very friendly as we were given a tour of the house.

The pantry was well stocked with chips, pretzels, and freshly baked cookies. The fridge was stocked with beer and soda. A Keurig machine is available for fresh brewed coffee as well as a water cooler filled with spring water.

Little touches added to our stay such as a homemade guide on the local area attractions. We made stops along the way at the recommended restaurants, bakeries, quilt shops, and ice cream shops that were on the list.

Even if the breakfast was a standard fair of muffins and donuts, the entire stay would've been memorable. Fortunately the breakfast was the best part of the stay! We were served a yogurt parfait with homemade granola to start and the main course was a clever variation of Eggs Benedict which replaced the English muffin with a flaky pastry. To this day I am trying to recereate this dish.

Lovelace is the standard to which I will hold all future B&Bs and I could not recommend it enough to any couples looking for a getaway.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Kenneth, we truly enjoyed meeting you both and are so glad you enjoyed your first B&B. Our goal is to make our guests feel at home, but still give them the privacy that they desire. I hope we were able to achieve that balance. And remember that B&Bs are "A Better Way to Stay".
Newark, Delaware, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Outstanding hospitality and what a wonderful breakfast! The home itself is beautiful inside and the outside yard is picturesque. The room was very clean and well stocked with everything you need.centrally located near all the restaurants and theaters. Parking is convenient. The home itself is a historical landmark.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing us for your first B&B experience. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will continue to choose Bed and Breakfasts as your accommodation choice. And hopefully, you will be back to Lovelace Manor some day.
Lincroft, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here on Thursday night, en route to another destination for a weekend of bike riding. We arrived late, around 930, and were welcomed and shown around. The innkeepers offered plenty of beverages and snacks in a 24/7 pantry and this was a big help as we weren't terribly hungry or energetic enough to go out for a meal, especially after being in the car for nearly 3 hours. The popcorn and pretzels were "just right" for snacking and watching a movie in our room, as we unwound. The room was pleasant and comfortable, and the sheets were very soft. Very restful and comfortable sleep.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Lark M, Owner at Lovelace Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
We truly enjoyed meeting you both. Your biking enthusiasm was an inspiration to us. Thank you for sending us the details on your latest biking adventure so that we can give it a try someday. We will keep our eyes out for you when we are exploring the Mid Atlantic Rail Trails!
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

I can't say enough about the hospitality that we experienced during our stay at Lovelace. Lark and Michael were the most gracious hosts. We spent the evening talking, listening to music and drinking wine on the porch, the most relaxing night that we've had in a long, long time. Our room was beautiful and nicely decorated. The bed was unbelievably comfortable and the sheets were the softest that we have ever felt, both made for the best night's sleep, and I'm not over exaggerating. We woke up refreshed and enjoyed a fantastic breakfast with great people. I would highly recommend Lovelace Manor to everyone.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
It was a fun evening, and we are so glad that you enjoyed yourselves. Its always nice when guests spend time on the porch with a little wine and a little music. Its what we love about our jobs! Thank you for sharing your experience with others and we look forward to next time!
Greenbush
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Lovelace was recommended to my wife and I and we were not disappointed. Michael and Lark made us feel at home and went out of their way to accommodate our wants. Very nicely appointed rooms with a comfortable bed. The breakfast they provided was outstanding. Lark provided written directions for a self guided tour of the surrounding Amish farm country. Again a homerun!
If you want to be treated special then Lovelace is the place to stop and enjoy.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Lark M, Owner at Lovelace Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
I'm so glad you met a couple in your Philly hotel that had just stayed here. And it was wonderful that they recommended us while they were still on their road trip! Thank you for taking their advice and staying with us. We truly enjoyed meeting you and appreciated the information on the places I want to visit in Michigan. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others!