“Great place for our 5 year old”
Review of Dutch Wonderland

Dutch Wonderland
Ranked #4 of 77 things to do in Lancaster
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 35 rides, attractions, and shows, Dutch Wonderland is the perfect place to spend time together as a family. Cool off in Duke's Lagoon water play area and make discoveries at Exploration Island, where dinosaurs come to life!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My 43 inch 5 year old LOVED the fact that we could go on every ride together. She did not have to keep asking if she could go on this and that, I told her she could go on every ride in the park and she had a ball. It was perfect for her age, and I thought the rides were nice too. For anyone that did not see the value or compares it to a carnival, guess what...an all you can ride wrist band is $20 now at the carnival, so for $34 with the coupon, you can also see the shows, and play in the water park. I do think that a reduced rate for parents/grandparents that are not going on any rides would be a nice choice though. The park is shady and clean, and the staff was super nice. There were no to very small wait times or lines for any of the rides, and if you don't want to pay park prices for food, the picnic area was great. Free parking close by was a definite plus! Overall, I think it was worth it and would definitely go again.

1  Thank X7090KUmichelem
Write a ReviewReviews (2,035)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I must admit I enjoyed this park. Its not too big but big enough that you aren't bored. The ride selection for little kids is great. Its even better if your child is at least 42 inches. The one thing I did wonder is some of the rides my daughter has gone on at other parks, like Hershey but at this park even if we went on it with her they wouldn't allow her due to her not being tall enough. My daughter is fearless when it comes to rides so she was disappointed when she was told she wasn't tall enough for a couple of them. The park opened at 10am and we arrived about 9:45am found a free parking spot very close and didn't wait more than 5 minutes to enter the park. I loved that there are trees throughout the park to provide shade. It really makes a big difference. This is something Sesame is lacking. While there we saw two shows. A princess show which lasted about 20 minutes and a water show about a princess and that was about the same amount of time which is perfect for a 3 year old. I know they have food at the park but we didnt eat here. We arent much for eating in parks, we like to leave the park for lunch and come back later on. I am glad we went here and I would recommend it to families with kids under the age of 6 years old. There is also a small water park to enjoy on hotter days. If you find yourself at the park and forgot something dont worry about it there is every store you can think of within a 5 minute ride. The water in the park is 3.00 a bottle but if you buy it one second before you arrive at the park there are vending machines across the street at the outlets and its 1.50. We didnt realize this until later on but if you want to save some cash this is a good way and you can bring a cooler inside the park

2  Thank kricar
Reviewed 20 July 2014

There is something for every age group at Dutch Wonderland. I'd say the target audience is 2-12 but teens can have fun too. Most rides are family friendly with 90% of them available for any size child. The waterpark area is fun. You can rent a "one use" locker for a reasonable price ($1-$2) so you can change into your bathing suit. The new dinosaur area is fun. I'd recommend you do that either early or late as it is hot midday.
There are lots of food options but as the park is not all that large you can bring a cooler and picnic at one of the tables adjacent to the parking lot.

1  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great granddaughter had a ball. Over priced for adults. Rides are definitely not for adults. So for 3 adults and one child to ride it is vey expensive. Would suggest some kind of cheaper rate.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My twins are 5 and could go on every ride. Most reviews complain about the prices, but it's an amusement park, what do you expect. If you are local or staying at a hotel, you can enter the day before, 3 hours prior to closing as a preview. We did that and had the entire next day. Food is expensive, so we packed a cooler and ate lunch at the picnic tables. There isn't going to be much for teenagers, but this is a park for smaller kids. It's great walking around and knowing my kids can go on everything. It's a bad feeling when the kids see a ride and get excited and I have to tell them they can't ride because of their height. We went on a Thursday/Friday and the longest line was 15 minutes, most we walked right on. The diving show is fantastic.

2  Thank Brendan H