“Country Inn nice clean and simple”

Country Inn of Lancaster
Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Country Inn nice clean and simple”
Reviewed 21 June 2011

The Country Inn was very country cute from the outside. The check in area has complimentary popcorn and lemonade. We received three keys to our room. The room was nice and clean (no smells :)) I checked the sheets no odor and felt fresh. The bathroom and toilet was clean. The refridgerator had two frozen bottles of water. The only complaint is that when i used the bathroom there was no hand soap to wash my hands. No big deal though i used the bath bar because we always bring our own shower gel. The pool was nice and clean as well.The complimentary breakfast looked good but standard fruits, yogurt, bagels, cereal and juices. The suggestion get to breakfast before 9am because it we watched it disappear before us. The next time my son has a baseball tournament in Lancaster we will be back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jesterly818

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Beltsville, Maryland,USA
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We had a nice stay.. Room, breakfast that was served in the Inn was really great.
The only problem was the restuarant didn't serve good food.
The waitresses were good but not the food..
The Country Inn of Lancaster is under new management.. So give it a try...

We had a nice stay.. Thank you.
Carol & Frank Bell Room 209
we are from Beltsville, Md. 20705

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank carolbell_us
Arcanum, Ohio
Reviewed 10 January 2011

We received great service and found a very clean, comfortable, place to stay in Lancaster. 3-4 miles east of town; Country Inn is family run and it shows. Everyone we met were very friendly and were glad to help in every way. Everything from our room to the very home-like lobby was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank alwetzelibo
Wayne
Reviewed 29 December 2010

We just returned from a 2-night stay at The Country Inn of Lancaster and were pleasantly surprised at the excellent accommodations. Despite the negative postings, we found this hotel to be reasonable, $59 a night for 2 qeen beds, with a beverage refrigerator. The room was quaintly decorated, immaculate, quiet and conveniently located on Rt. 30. Because it sits back from the highway, it's quiet. too. The breakfast room is clean and offers delicious coffee, tea, donuts, bagels, cold cereal. The coffee is available 24 hrs. and they even offer fresh popcorn in the afternoon. I can't understand the negative comments. We would return on our next visit.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank traveler522
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 November 2010

We have stayed at Country Inn and Suites several times and it is definitely one of our favorite hotels. About the only reason we stay at other hotels in the Lancaster area is if we cannot get into the Country Inn of Lancaster. The place is nothing fancy but it is very country and comfortable. One of the only things I would like to see improved is the continental breakfast could stand to be expanded or if they could give individuals the option of a buffet at Your Place like they do for the bus travelers that would be great also.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank CHERYL12661
East Northport, New York
Reviewed 4 September 2010

We took our first trip to dutch wonderland with our 4 yr old son and stayed here for three nights in August. The room has green thin carpeting and our bottom mattresses were stained. The air conditioner was not cleaned out and left a stagnant odor after the second night. Getting clean sheets after our son's accident in the bed when he took his nap was difficult. My husband asked twice for sheets and the third time had to go to the front desk to have them put in his arms. They refused to replace the mattress pad, we had to clean it up. The road is busy and every time you want to go in the direction of the amusement park it's hard to make a left turn with no light signals there. Breakfast was free but, not tasty at all. It was an affordable price and if you stay on a sunday it's half price for that day. We did not go to the pools for lack of time. If you still want to try this place ask for a ground level room, perhaps it will be better. Our family will not give it a second chance because there are many places to stay near the amusement park. We will return to lancaster again for it's a great family vacation.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank liveonlonglsland
Staten Island, NY
Reviewed 15 August 2010

I have stayed at this hotel several times over a period of 8 years. This hotel used to be a great and I would recomend it with flying colors, that is until my most recent trip. Check in was easy and I was given a rom on the second floor in the back building. I was a little surprised to see this hotel was still using metal keys. (Standard keys that could easily be duplicated, as I know from working at a hardware store.) The room itself was nice, however the tv did not have the best of reception. I went on to the porch attached to the room, where I sat for no longer than 5 minutes and 2 large wasps began circling me. I retreated inside and noticed several more flying around outside. I admit I don't like wasps, so I was unable to comfortably enjoy the patio before 8pm. The next worning I left my room at 10am leaving the please make room up sign out. I returned at 3pm and found the room was never cleaned. It was then I realized that I was the only person on the second floor. I went to bed not caring but then I got the shock of my life the next morning. While using the bathroom, the toilet clogged and began to overflow. I reached down and shut the water valve off and immediatly called the front desk. I calmly told them the situation, and within 10 mins there was a knock on the door. Expecting a maintence worker, I instead found the girl from the front desk who handed me a plunger and walked away. I was too shocked to even respond. I closed the door and it took a few seconds to realize that I guess they expected me to fix their toilet. When I went to check-out I complained about the wasps and the fact the room was not cleaned. My main complaint was the fact that I was handed a plunger and expected to fix their toilet, but the girl who gave it to me was smiling behind the desk within earshot of the clerk checking me out, so I was to embaressed to bring it up. Overall this hotels maintenance and cleaning staff need beter management. On a side note: the complimentary breakfast consisted of Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, donuts, one solitary plain bagel, and coffe or juice. The only plus of this stay was the hotel's pool and spa which were very clean and well kept, not to mention quiet in the afternoon.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo