“Best secret”

Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Pa
“Best secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

A great get away hotel with true country charm. Always at a great price, very clean and a restaurant and taven on the property! We like others but this place is very nice with an indoor pool and hot tub in the center of the property. A great place to get away, shop awhile/or alot (1min. From Tanger outlets and 5 from Rockvale) then come back for a couple well deserved adult drinks without having to drive home! Win..Win

Room Tip: We like the "king"room all have balconies..with security locks to enter the building and a...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed her for a long weekend and it was excellent. Everyone here was very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was good the basics but was always checked to make sure there was enough for everyone. In the lobby they always had something to drink - coffee/tea. While we stayed there they had cider and popcorn which was good. The place was clean and while we were there we blew a fuse and called the front desk and within a few minutes it was fixed. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dnnklly
York, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

We planned a trip to Cherry Crest Farms and Dutch Wonderland the last weekend in September and decided to stay here for the first time. Can't say enough good things about this hotel! The staff was friendly and helpful. Family atmosphere. Rooms were clean, good water pressure, close to everything. Nice little porches with rocking chairs. The Your Place restaurant that is on site has awesome food! They deliver to your room and the cost is normal, not like room service prices that scare you into poverty! ~ I never wrote a review before that I mentioned the pillows, but I must on this one! We ended up asking them if we could BUY some of their bed pillows and since everyone asks them that, they knew the website by heart as to where we could purchase them. [Which we did and I can't say enough about those pillows! Go if it's only for the pillows! LOL!!!] ~ We live close by - about an hour - but we do lots of things in Lancaster since we have a young child. Since discovering THIS place, we will always stay here and highly recommend it. They have some great offers on Sunday nights that will blow you away so you can do some holiday shopping. There is no other place to stay than the Country Inn of Lancaster...no other place compares!

3 Thank NEEN1984
Stratford, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

Reservation was made for our family, but upon arrival it was not as described over the phone. We were very disappointed. We explained our disapproval and could not stay there the weekend. We cancelled our reservation, but upon returning home they had charged us for the entire weekend! We're still fighting it. They woudn't even return our calls. Check out the hotel first in this area, it's not the first hotel to scam people.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Aberdeen, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

We had visited Country Inn of Lancaster 9/4 into 9/5 when we took our daughter for her 9th Birthday to Dutch Wonderland. They offer Sunday night specials and although it was Labor Day weekend and the specials may not apply on Holidays they gave us the special anyway. Upon arriving I couldnt check-in yet which was fine , it was early, I was offered some additional packages for our children's visiting pleasure. I decided not to go with them, but the nice lady at the front desk said since we were there for my daughters birthday she could put a sign on the door of our room. I gladly accepted, but did not tell my daughter. I was also offered an upgraded room with a balcony with two rocking chairs for only $10.00 more. I accepted. I was able to purchase discounted Dutch Wonderland the tickets there at the hotel. We enjoyed ourselves at Dutch Wonderland and then came back to check-in. We were given our room, and headed that way. Upon arrival there was a large sign on the door that said " Happy 9th Birthday Bethany, We hope you enjoy your stay with us". My daughter loved it and was so surprised. We took numerous pics of her & the sign. We entered our room and was pleased. We had six plush pillows on each bed, which was great. We loved the balcony with rocking chairs, the room was clean, and I checked the beds ( no bugs ) and so we had no complaints about the room. We got our suits on and headed for the pool. We enjoyed ourselves at the pool and hot tub. No complaints there either. We didn't do breakfast in the morning, because we choose to sleep in. Upon check-out we were able to get info. on things to do while visiting Lancaster and surrounding areas. We also later tried the restaurant recommended to us by the staff right next door. We enjoyed our meal. Overall the room, pool, restaurant, and staff were great. This will be our hotel when we visit Lancaster for now on. My husband and I celebrate our 11 yr. anniversary the end of Sept., and were thinking about going back there for an anniversary weekend. Thank You for going above and beyond. P.S., my daughter kept her sign.

Room Tip: Get the balcony. Rocking chairs were nice to sit in and unwind after putting kids to bed. The night...
2 Thank tgring
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

Upon our arrival the staff made us feel right at home. They are all very personable as well as professional in there duties. There is always free coffee and juice available as well as free popcorn (freshly popped daily) between 3 and 8 PM. the Inn is very clean and the beds were comfortable. The rooms were also very clean and well maintained. It is in a convenient location, accessible to almost anywhere you wish to go.
"Try It , I Think You`ll Like It, I know I will stay there again on my next trip to Amish Country.

1 Thank alpat42
New Castle, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

My husband and I and our 11 month old stayed here one Friday night for a visit to Dutch Wonderland on Saturday. We were able to get a great rate that included 2 tickets. Basically we were getting one admission for free, so we were already happy about that. The admissions included 3 hours of admission on Friday night as well, so that was even more bang for the buck. The check in process was very easy, and the girl at the front desk was extremely accommodating and helpful. I called in earlier that day to request a crib in the room. When we got to our room, there was no crib, but when I called the front desk, the same girl brought one herself within 5 minutes. Our room was a good size, basic room and very clean. There was a nice indoor pool not far from our room which we planned on using, but didn't have the chance. We ordered some food from the restaurant next store and had a late night snack in our room while the baby was sleeping. A continental breakfast was provided, but by the time we got there by 9am, the small breakfast area was crowded and there wasn't much food left, so we decided to go to Friendly's across the street. Overall, we had a very positive experience staying here and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family