“first time at a bed and breakfast”

The Australian Walkabout Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This was an awesome experience and a wonderful place. It was our first time at a bed and breakfast so we weren't sure what to expect but it was better than we could have ever imagined. We will go back again whenever we get up to the Lancaster area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
JuneBJones, Owner at The Australian Walkabout Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

We are always honored when we get to be someone's first B&B experience. We hope you'll seek out B&B's wherever you travel (after all, they are the Better Way To Stay) and look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

My partner and I went up to Lancaster this past weekend and stayed at the Australian Walkabout Inn. It was the first time my partner had stayed at a B&B, and she had a great experience there. We stayed in the Barossa room. The room was wonderful. The bed was very comfortable and the room also had a whirlpool tub, which was nice and relaxing. The room was very clean and overall the whole place was very well maintained. Lynn and Bob were great hosts, very hospitable, and accommodating. The breakfasts were outstanding. There really is nothing that I could say bad about our stay. I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone staying in Lancaster.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

My partner and I decided to celebrate our one year anniversary on Dec 15th by taking a trip to Lancaster, PA. I chose this B&B because of its name, as I have travelled to Australia twice. Having never been to a B&B before we were warmly greeted by Lynn upon our arrival. She made us feel very welcomed from the moment we arrived. We were able to take tour of the place and we stayed in the Adelaide Hills Suite, which was spacious and very comfortable. The breakfasts were great as was the conversations with those at our table as well with Lynn and Bob. They told us of the history of the house and all that they have done to keep the house looking as it does today...beautiful and appropriately decorated...especially for the Christmas season. We will be back in early May for a one night stay in a different room! Connie & I would wholeheartedly recommend staying at the Australian Walkabout Inn!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Diane & Connie - We really enjoyed having you visit and were so pleased that you had a good time. Looking forward to hosting you again in May and hopefully more visits to come!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

A Veteran’s Salute:

Lynn invited my wife Mayumi and I into her Walkabout B&B with open arms for a veteran’s day stay. The first thing I noticed that although the home was built many many years before I was in this world, it was well maintained and Beautifully designed. Our room was better than many 4 star hotel’s we have stayed. Warm and comfortable while we bathed in a huge whirlpool tub. Each room had flat screen cable TV’s, expected in hotel’s but not in B&B’s. Another unexpected for a B&B was a refrigerator stocked with wine, beer and cola for purchase, located next to the front desk. The common room was nicely furnished and served coffee and pastry day and night. The Best of the Best was the breakfast. Fresh ham, eggs, fruit and hot biscuits. Much more than myself and most of the guests could eat. Her conversations with us were enlightening and her hospitality was untouchably above the best. This stay and our experience well deserves a Combat Veteran’s Salute.

John & Mayumi

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
JuneBJones, Owner at The Australian Walkabout Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

John & Mauymi,
Thank you for the 'salute', but it is our honor to host the veterans each year. Something we look forward to very much. It was very considerate of you to take the time to write such nice words. I do need to apologize, though, if we did not make it clear that the drinks in the refrigerator in the parlor are complimentary for our guests. No charge at all! Glad that you enjoyed breakfast. We hope to host you again when you're in the Lancaster area in the future. Hope the ski season keeps you busy!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and I just celebrated our five year wedding anniversary and decided to check out the city of Lancaster. In doing my TripAdvisor research I came across the Australian Walkabout Inn B&B and decided to book our stay there for one night. After spending the day exploring downtown Lancaster we arrived at the B&B, just a short drive southeast of the city. Bob and Lynne were extremely friendly and gracious hosts and made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. We stayed in the Adelaide Hills Suite, which was spacious and very comfortable. Lynne had made recommendations to eat at John J Jeffries which was excellent (and the cocktails there are amazing!) so we were very happy to come back from dinner to a restful sleep in our Suite. The next morning, breakfast was delicious. I loved everything I ate but the homemade blueberry muffins and biscuits were my favorite. The thing I liked the most, however, was sitting and talking to Bob and Lynne over tea and coffee after we were done eating and finding out that we had a lot in common. They also gave us recommendations on things to do that day in Baltimore! The reason I like to stay at B&B's is to have a personalized experience- hotels seem so cold and impersonal in comparison. I would wholeheartedly recommend staying at the Australian Walkabout Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My wife and I chose the Inn for our 10th Wedding Anniversary weekend and I don’t think that we could have made a better choice. Every detail was taken care of from the couple’s massage and champagne to the extra dozen beautiful red roses in our room.

Lynne and Bob run a top-notch B&B. We really could not have asked for a better experience and we will happily recommend The Australian Walkabout Inn B&B to all our friends and relatives.

Room Tip: Choose the charming and fully equipped "Outback Cabin" for total privacy. No one is on the...