“A lovely stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
York, Pennsylvania
“A lovely stay”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We loved out time at the Walkabout! Bob and Lynne took good care of us on our stay. Our massage therapists were great, Lynne offered suggestions about dining and local sites of interest, and Bob prepared an amazing fritatta for breakfast. We look forward to staying at the Australian Walkabout again soon.

Room Tip: The Barosa Suite is a great room, but has a bit of road noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
JuneBJones, Owner at The Australian Walkabout Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Evan & Ellie - It was our pleasure to host you for a much needed get-away. Remember that we always offer a discount to full-time church-workers, clergy and missionaries. We'll look forward to hosting you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Australian Walkabout Inn for our "Babymoon". The inn was clean and cozy! I recommend the package that offers the couples massage. The massage therapists came to the inn and were wonderful. We stayed in the Barossa Suite which was spacious, quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: Barossa Suite had a jacuzzi tub and was comfortable.
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This was an awesome experience and a wonderful place. It was our first time at a bed and breakfast so we weren't sure what to expect but it was better than we could have ever imagined. We will go back again whenever we get up to the Lancaster area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
We are always honored when we get to be someone's first B&B experience. We hope you'll seek out B&B's wherever you travel (after all, they are the Better Way To Stay) and look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My partner and I went up to Lancaster this past weekend and stayed at the Australian Walkabout Inn. It was the first time my partner had stayed at a B&B, and she had a great experience there. We stayed in the Barossa room. The room was wonderful. The bed was very comfortable and the room also had a whirlpool tub, which was nice and relaxing. The room was very clean and overall the whole place was very well maintained. Lynn and Bob were great hosts, very hospitable, and accommodating. The breakfasts were outstanding. There really is nothing that I could say bad about our stay. I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone staying in Lancaster.

Manchester Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My partner and I decided to celebrate our one year anniversary on Dec 15th by taking a trip to Lancaster, PA. I chose this B&B because of its name, as I have travelled to Australia twice. Having never been to a B&B before we were warmly greeted by Lynn upon our arrival. She made us feel very welcomed from the moment we arrived. We were able to take tour of the place and we stayed in the Adelaide Hills Suite, which was spacious and very comfortable. The breakfasts were great as was the conversations with those at our table as well with Lynn and Bob. They told us of the history of the house and all that they have done to keep the house looking as it does today...beautiful and appropriately decorated...especially for the Christmas season. We will be back in early May for a one night stay in a different room! Connie & I would wholeheartedly recommend staying at the Australian Walkabout Inn!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Diane & Connie - We really enjoyed having you visit and were so pleased that you had a good time. Looking forward to hosting you again in May and hopefully more visits to come!
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 November 2013

A Veteran’s Salute:

Lynn invited my wife Mayumi and I into her Walkabout B&B with open arms for a veteran’s day stay. The first thing I noticed that although the home was built many many years before I was in this world, it was well maintained and Beautifully designed. Our room was better than many 4 star hotel’s we have stayed. Warm and comfortable while we bathed in a huge whirlpool tub. Each room had flat screen cable TV’s, expected in hotel’s but not in B&B’s. Another unexpected for a B&B was a refrigerator stocked with wine, beer and cola for purchase, located next to the front desk. The common room was nicely furnished and served coffee and pastry day and night. The Best of the Best was the breakfast. Fresh ham, eggs, fruit and hot biscuits. Much more than myself and most of the guests could eat. Her conversations with us were enlightening and her hospitality was untouchably above the best. This stay and our experience well deserves a Combat Veteran’s Salute.

John & Mayumi

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
JuneBJones, Owner at The Australian Walkabout Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
John & Mauymi,
Thank you for the 'salute', but it is our honor to host the veterans each year. Something we look forward to very much. It was very considerate of you to take the time to write such nice words. I do need to apologize, though, if we did not make it clear that the drinks in the refrigerator in the parlor are complimentary for our guests. No charge at all! Glad that you enjoyed breakfast. We hope to host you again when you're in the Lancaster area in the future. Hope the ski season keeps you busy!
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and I just celebrated our five year wedding anniversary and decided to check out the city of Lancaster. In doing my TripAdvisor research I came across the Australian Walkabout Inn B&B and decided to book our stay there for one night. After spending the day exploring downtown Lancaster we arrived at the B&B, just a short drive southeast of the city. Bob and Lynne were extremely friendly and gracious hosts and made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. We stayed in the Adelaide Hills Suite, which was spacious and very comfortable. Lynne had made recommendations to eat at John J Jeffries which was excellent (and the cocktails there are amazing!) so we were very happy to come back from dinner to a restful sleep in our Suite. The next morning, breakfast was delicious. I loved everything I ate but the homemade blueberry muffins and biscuits were my favorite. The thing I liked the most, however, was sitting and talking to Bob and Lynne over tea and coffee after we were done eating and finding out that we had a lot in common. They also gave us recommendations on things to do that day in Baltimore! The reason I like to stay at B&B's is to have a personalized experience- hotels seem so cold and impersonal in comparison. I would wholeheartedly recommend staying at the Australian Walkabout Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Lancaster Arts Hotel
Lancaster Arts Hotel
#6 of 39 in Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, York
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#2 of 39 in Lancaster
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster

Been to The Australian Walkabout Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!