“Disgusting”

Circle M RV & Camping Resort
Front Royal, Virginia
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The hole place was disgusting the pool had more hair floating in it than I have on my head, kiddie pool broke, water park was down said pump had gone bad, bees flying around playground afraid to use, rv storage greets you as you go in looked like a place for rvs to die, grass tall no weed eating, putt putt golf was not usable, soda machines not working, seemed everything was in disrepair. Truly not a good place was afraid of catching something while we were there. Everyone calls it a ghetto I've seen ghettos better taken care of. Please listen and stay away from this dive, it is purely nasty. The owners should be ashamed of themselves accepting people's hard earned money and offering them a place to stay that looks like circle m. Would rather stayed in an Amish barn full of poo!!!

12 Thank Madconn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Moorestown, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We went camping here this past weekend for a few days. As I do agree to some of the bad reviews listed here... a few things were ok though.We checked in at the office and said we booked a cabin the lady gave our keys to us and showed us were "our Cabin " was on the map we found it and it was a TRAILER. I went back up to the office and said I believed there was a mistake she said it is a cabin . Mind you I wouldn't of cared if I would of known when booking that but nothing was said until we drove down to it and there we seen what we paid for. Now, When you drive past the gate coming down into the camp ground its really kept up nice. then you get to the pool's ,store, arcade basketball court , mini golf , tennis court(someone said they dont have a net up ...they do) and golf course(chip and putt)all.this area is decent. It was very hot so we didn't go to the outside pool but, went to the inside pool and water park...,OMGosh they had SO much chlorine in the pools your eyes burnt and you had tear's falling down your face my son also started coughing a lot. I asked why so much chlorine and the guard said because a lot of people use it and they have to keep up on the "issues" that may arise...hmmm . They also said that the circulation unit was broke for the last 5 years so the chlorine was sitting in the air also...REALLY YOU CANT GET THAT FIXED WITH -IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME???????...next after you pass the store ect you get a total eye sore of parked RV's ect sitting in tall weed's(it looks horrible!) then behind all that you come to all the camp site's..All as I can say is that I've seen better. The kids could not go on the play ground because there was hundreds of bee's flying around the sand area. We went and made the best of it... The lawn at the back door of the "cabin was very long and there was many cig butt's in 1 section of the lawn... would we go back probably not.

9 Thank MMWB07
North East, Maryland
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband & I have been coming to Circle M for the last year. We ended up joining Thousand Trails for $500/year. We thought it was a great deal - at first! We soon learned how disgusting this place is. It's truly a ghetto that caters to the riff raff. We decided to stay for the July 4th week, Sun - Sun, since it was only an hour from home (I'm 8 mos. pregnant). All was quiet until the day before the 4th. That's when the crowds started piling in and everything went to crap!

There were 3 full hook-up sites around us (in the top) that were empty. We went shopping for the day, only to come back and find about 30 to 40 people setting up tents on those 3 full hook-up sites arounds us. We called management and advised them that there were a bunch of people setting up tents on full sites. They said they'd send security out to make them move, as these spots should be for trailers only. Security asked them to move. After security left, we heard them say "F" security, we're staying. So we called again and were suddenly told that they were not making them move, but if these tenters broke any rules to call back. My husband inquired how many people are allowed on a site and they said 10. There were at least 15 to 20 on each site with 4 to 5 tents also on each site! He told them how many there were, but they still weren't going to do anything. These people actually started setting up their tents on our site, not even a foot from our trailer! Their kids were walking & riding bikes through our site. They were all talking loud, mostly in Spanish, and yelling across the street to each other. They had absolutely no respect for anyone around them. One woman even told them that one of their tents was on her site, but they didn't care. There was a spot behind us that had no water. When a family with a trailer came in and asked if they could switch w/ the tenters, since they had 3 sites w/ water, they refused to move! This family ended up on the non-water site and we offered them a T to hook up to our water. That's what real camping people do, they have respect for each other and help each other out! Unlike this group of rude people! We put up with the riff raff for a few hours, but decided to leave. We ended up at Woodlands Camping Resort in Elkton MD for the rest of our week and had a wonderful time! What a clean, friendly place to take a family and we'd highly recommend it!

Anyway, we are now canceling our Thousand Trails membership and will NEVER be back to Circle M! As we left, we stopped at the front desk and spoke to management. We asked why tenters are allowed on full hook-up sites, when there are trailers riding around looking for open spots that require full hook-ups. They said that the tenters pay the same price as we do! I find this to be unfair, not only to us, but to the tenters too! Why should they pay the same price as people w/ trailers, when they don't need full (sewer) hook up? And why are people like us, w/ trailers, paying the same as someone renting a cabin? Every other campground we've been to has different rates depending on hook-up (or tent vs trailer vs cabin)! The full hook-up sites at Circle M (in the top) should be reserved for trailers only. There are plenty of just water/electric sites along the river (in the bottom) that tenters can use! Because anyone who has been to Circle M knows that it's difficult to get your 30 ft or more trailer down to the bottom and turned around. When I told management that we would be canceling our membership, they said "We told you to call if they broke any rules." I said "They were breaking the rules, my husband told you that they have more than 10 people to a site." The girl just stared at me blankley and I said "Clearly you weren't going to do anything about them breaking the rules huh?" We knew just by how this group was acting during the day, that they would be up partying all night and security/management would still do nothing. We weren't about to stay and put up with that nonsense!

Besides this incident, there are plenty of other reasons we won't be back. First, you can't pick your site online when you make a reservation, nor are sites assigned to you, like other campgrounds. Instead you have to ride around and around until you find something open. If the premium spots in the top are gone, (or taken over by tenters) your stuck towing your trailer down to the muddy bottom by the river. The bathhouses are filthy! Many of the camping sites are run down. Half of the time the water or electric doesn't work, which we had to learn the hard way to test these hook-ups before setting up! A lot of the sites don't have fire rings or picnic tables, and the ones that do are usually broken or on their last leg. We've found many sites to have broken glass, dirty diapers, or other trash left behind. The waterpark is over chloronated and the fumes alone burn your eyes. They're also charging $4/day (or $17/week) for cable, this just started in May! They're offering pool/waterpark memberships for people that don't camp there! So now anyone off the street can come use these amenities that should be for members and their guests only! It's all about how they can make an extra buck and your premium membership means absolutely nothing to them!

There are plenty of other nicer, cleaner camprounds in Lancaster Co., like Old Forge, Muddy Run, Pequea, and those are the ones we will be going to next time we're in that area. As far as Circle M though, don't waste your money, time or sanity folks (unless you enjoy camping in the ghetto)! It's not worth it!

17 Thank cherokeeprincess30
North Port, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I should have listened to the reviews and stayed away.

You can't reserve a particular campsite, or even a particluar type of campsite. There is something wrong when a full hook-up site is occupied by a tent. You have to drive around to find an empty site and then hope that you will fit and that it has the hook ups needed. We eventually found one that had the hookups we needed and that we would fit in, but it was tiny. It was also very dirty - there was trash left behind from a previous camper, and the fire ring was close to overflowing with half burned logs, ash, and trash. We saw one motorhome trying to get level on a severely sloped lot and watched it slip off the jack pads.

Most of the campsites are open, with nothing dividing them from the next site. Shaded sites seemed to be few and far between. Some of the sites were also poorly marked, making it difficult to determine where you were and if the site had the necessary hook ups.

Also, you need to keep an eye on your belongings when using the amenities. The people in the site next to us had a watch and phone stolen while they were in the pool. We heard about other thefts that occured at the pool, a bike theft, and also someone was spotted urinating in the river. On Thursday we saw Police cars on six different occasions driving around the campgrounds, and to us it looked like they were looking for someone and not just a random patrol.

As some of the other reviews mentioned, some of the facilites were in need of upkeep. The wading pool was half empty, with trash floating around and overturned chairs in it. The miniature golf course was usable, but the astro-turf was ripped in many places and obviously was in need of repair. The playground still had what appeared to be a lot of bees flying around - never did see anyone using it in the 4 days we were there. Most of the rental cabins looked to be in poor shape, at least from the outside. Although I only went into one of the public bathroom/bath houses, it was in poor shape and very dirty.

14 Thank gq9999
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Terrible & dirty. Pool water scummy. I sure it is unhealthy for as cloudy and foamy as it wss. Lifeguard was asleep with his head down on the desk in glass look out room. Our camp site 10m had broken glass, numerous bottle caps, smashed plastic bottles. The fire ring was full of burnt garbage, rice, vegetables, partially burned baby's bottle. Strewn around the site were chicken & meat bones and scrapes. These attracted ore flies and ants. Totally unacceptable place. No help from anyone!!!! Complaint fell on deaf manager. She could only say, " I apologize". When you've traveled all day and have already disconnected your truck & trailer & connected water, electricity, & leveled its too much to move. We are members of Passport America and were directed to the sights beginning with "10". All "10's" we're just as disgusting!! There are other camp grounds. Go there not here!

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank Ram9147
Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We just returned from Circle M Campground. This was our first trip as outdoor world members. After Camping for 10 years I was a little fearful to try this campground because of the reviews. However, I have learned one thing over the past years. Never trust pictures or reviews. From the moment we got to the the resort we were pleased. The staff was very nice and very ready to please! Check in was handled professionally and speedy. The pool, waterpark and changing areas were clean. (yes there was a lot of chlorin, just as in any waterpark or community pool) The front grounds were gorgeous with rolling hills and a tree lined entry. The sites could use a little more upkeep (but we were here in May and obviously they were still trying to do spring cleanup). There are not a lot of shady sites available but we were able to locate a site with a large shade tree. The area where we stayed in was quiet and there were security guards making rounds throughout the day and evening. We were able to play mini golf and shuffleboard. The activity room offers all sporting equipment (even life jackets) and many board games and card games can be borrowed as well. They also have a clean arcade with pool table and air hockey and ping pong. I am glad we tried it and we will be going back over the summer with friends. We met several wonderful families and couples that have been to this campground before and return at least yearly. It is not a 5 star resort, but it was a comfortable and friendly campground.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Colleen B
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Don't fallow the bad reviews it ruled.I had a pop-up camper and I went a random day when my daughter and my wife were at my daughters competition.It was only me and my son.We loved it it was loud with music but bluegrass rules!!!.My spot was far from the bathroom so we just went in the grass The water park was very chlorine but almost every indoor pool has a lot of chlorine and my son said the waterslide was very fun.I loved the arcade I spent 75 cents and I played pinball for 2 hours and I still had 2 balls left.The minigolf was very fun.I was there mexican night they had margarita flavored juiced that my kid could drink and natchos

Room Tip: bring a camper because I heard from the other adults that the cabins sucked