“Will never return !”

Circle M RV & Camping Resort
“Will never return !”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My family stayed at this campground for five nights .... Terrible! They should clearly let you know at the time you book that you are booking a trailer and not a cabin . We arrived to find a trailer was our cabin and it was in bad shape . We asked that they replace one of the cupboards as it was splitting in half about to fall off but there was a numerous amount of things wrong with this UN kept trailer it was dirty smelled like urine near the bunk beds the toilet lid was coming off the door handle was hanging off the Windows in the living room area and bedroom were all cracked the outlets covers broken and the cabin was old and dingy . The outside was falling apart with the deck leaning and holes on the exterior of the trailer . The water park floor was brown and dirty...the park was closed off because of bees . After a recent storm we did not have water. The riff raff a few cabins down blocked the road out with three vehicles and wouldn't move when asked had to call security to ask them to move . They also blasted Latino music all day making my camping experience unenjoyable .. playing it at a resonable noise level one thing but not these people. After spending $ 80 on three day fishing license thinking we could access the river from camp ground we found out they do not have a dock anymore as it was destroyed and never fixed ...so unless you were camping right off the river you can forget fishing here at the campground had to drive 30 minutes away. No one here is friendly as I've been to many campgrounds and usually people are overally nice waving etc... Not here. If you want to rent pool sticks or mini golf be prepared to leave your license which I wasn't comfortable with at all. You are only allowed us coast guard approved vest in their pools. The trailer site also provided no room on the exterior for sitting around your fire we had to move our car and park it else where just to have room out front . There are a few nice cabins here but unfortunately we were not placed in that even though I booked a cabin and given trailer. I will never return to this campground ground . I'm surprised these cabins are not inspected by the health department one word is trashy and run down save your money go else where .

• Stayed July 2014
13 Thank Lisa F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lititz, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This could be a VERY nice campground, but some of the folks that come in from the city can ruin a good time very quickly. We set up Thursday night and slept VERY well, the site had alot of beer bottle caps all over it but we cleaned them up and all was good. After we unhitched the camper, leveled it, hooked everything up, we realized that the water on the site was not working properly. I got out my long hose and hooked into the site next to ours that was vacant. Life was good. Next morning I woke up and headed out for the day, I stopped by the office to let them know that I hooked our water into the site next to ours and was left understanding that maintenance would fix my water, or they wouldnt put someone in the site next to mine. Came back to the camper, and we now had neighbors in the site my water was hooked to and my hose was hooked to a different non-working water post with a dirty white hose connecting my hose to the water post. When asking the new "neighbors" what was happening, it was quickly realized that they didnt speak english. Spoke to the front desk and they called maintenance. After a run around for about an hour, and an empty threat that we just might not have water, the maintenance man put a T on the neighboring site and we again had water! That night the new neigbors were so RUDE and played latino music well into the night, so loud my camper windows were shaking. By 10:30pm I had enough and called the office, and they did send someone down who made them turn the music down. They continued to party and make loud noises until about midnight when I called the office again. I waited for someone to come down, but didnt see anyone. So I went out and told them to keep it quiet as I have 2 children that are trying to sleep. Eventually they did quiet down so I could sleep. Saturday night was alot of the same, but not quite as loud so I tried my best to ignore it. I met with the Manager Saturday morning who assured me this is not the experience he wanted us to have and if I had any other problems to come up and let the staff know. The water park was pretty awesome and my kids enjoyed that and the pools. It would have been nice if the water park opened at 10am instead of Noon, but hey it was nice for a campground to have anything like a water park. The restrooms were filthy there was urine on the floor on all of the stalls and the toilets were not clean when we tried to use the restroom by the indoor pool. This was later at night (9pm) Saturday, so it may not have been as bad other times, our camper has a restroom so we dont generally make it a point to use the campground restrooms. All in all this could be a great campground if they had more security riding around and keeping people quiet and would clean up the campsites or "fine" people that leave the campsites a mess. The cabin next to our site was in disrepair and looked as if it was falling down. Also the mini golf course could use some sprucing up and the playground next to it was infested with bees. Should have called an exterminator, but it was clearly easier to just mark it off with yellow caution tape....We most likely won’t return to this campground anytime soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
13 Thank John S

Travellers are raving about these Lancaster hotels

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

You have to pay to join and the price is ok for a yearly rate. I do use the camping at times. I mostly go for the day pass. Well this year so far I was turned down at least twice a week. They say they are booked up. Don't understand how they didn't say that when you get a membership. They also said that if I wanted to go swimming a lot instead of just camping I should get a pool pass in a community pool.
They tell you to get a pass in advance but it you do and you don't show up than they charge you
$32.
Camping is good here. But they do miss lead you when you buy a yearly pass.

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Susan H
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed here in our RV for 2 nights, the bathrooms were dirty and the showers falling apart with broken tiles and some of the showers not working at all.

The pool facilities were ok but the lifeguards had a hard time with the rowdy patrons.

The office staff gave away our site when we pulled out for the day....we didn't leave anything there beause we have had things stolen in other places. When we returned another camper had set up his site and we had to find another space. Apparently the office doesn't know what sites are occupied....?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Bonnie P
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent place to stay. Indoor. Out door pool, mini golf. Staff very friendly & helpful. Ooh almost forgot. They have a hot tub too.
Fresh home made dairy products just down the road @ Pine View Dairy..

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank jbarlow1026
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just returned from Circle M. I was scared I had made a mistake about making reservations due to the bad reviews. We lucked up with a great site across from the indoor pool. We had no problems with our site, only one other camper in that area. The pools were clean, lifeguards were great and the water park was awesome! Security drove thru several times. There was locals in the pools but they did not bother us but actually told us about great places to visit! Playground did not have bees. I have no complaints about this campground other than having to pay extra for cable and wi-if. We did go a little before the busy season as school was still in session up there. I would visit again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Jodi I
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have just gotten home after being at the campground for 5 days. At the beginning it seemed bearable. I am a early riser and one morning witnessed one of our neighbors walking there dogs rite onto other sites and letting them urinate all over the vehicle tires including ours. Then the place started filling up! Sloppy,disgusting people. 30 people per site. Throwing trash where ever they pleased. Your site,their site, middle of road, river. But the last straw was a car alarm goin off at 5 am. No one was around to turn it off. After about 20 min it was shut off only to have them blare their radio to a Spanish music station. We have never complained at any campground, but this was like no other experience we have ever had. Rules are not inforced and the majority of the campers( tenters) are just sloppy,rude,pigs - no other words to describe it.

• Stayed May 2014