“Amazing food, excellent value.”

Himalayan Curry and Grill
Ranked #1 of 586 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Nepalese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The food here was amazing. I couldn't believe how well priced it was. I had a mild vegetable entree and it was just right. My husband had a vindaloo, needless to say it was hot. He thought the lamb was amazing, it just fell of the bone. Next time we are in the area we will certainly go back.

There are newer reviews for Himalayan Curry and Grill

Reviewed 25 June 2014

In Lancaster for a conference, my colleague and I decided to try this restaurant and were so glad that we did. It's a very short walk from the convention center (Marriott at Penn Square). As others have noted, it's small and fills up quickly, so arrive early. We got there shortly before noon and were seated immediately; by the time we finished eating, people were waiting for seats. The buffet offered a nice variety of Nepalese and Indian dishes, some familiar (tandoori chicken) and some I had not seen before on menus at comparable restaurants in Philadelphia or New York. Selections included chicken and vegetarian, but no lamb or fish. At $8.95 per person, all you can eat, this was a bargain. I hope to return.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Ordered two chicken entrées by phone. The order was repeated back for verification. Picked up the order and came home to find it only contained one order. Would not answer my phone call until I used a different phone than the one I originally ordered from. When I informed them I only received one order they asked if I was sure there wasn't two. Can I not count to two??? After being passed from person to person on the phone, I was told if I wanted the rest of my order it would be ready if I came back. I went back and picked it up. When it was all said and done I still only received rice for one order, and the what they originally gave me turned out to be vegetarian instead of chicken like I ordered and paid for. The food was ok, but they need to learn customer service and how to process orders. And you can add at least $1-2 for everything on the 2013 menu posted.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This little vest-pocket restaurant (maybe 10 tables) is a family-run endeavor serving Indian and Nepalese cuisine. It is, by far, the best Indian food in Lancaster. The waitstaff is helpful and informative and attentive. The food is served quickly. The weekday lunch buffet is an incredible bargain. I have Nepalese friends who are very happy eating here and say it is authentic. BYOB. Reservations recommended, especially on weekends. Start with samosas! The pastry is made right here and very tasty.

2  Thank Imabizzybee
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have only eaten here once, but I did enjoy it. They place is pretty small, so you want to try and get there early on weekends.

1  Thank matt p