“Great Italian Food”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I were vacationing in the Lancaster area stopped into Lombardo's. It was a good choice. The food was excellent, much better than any Italian restaurant in our home area in southeast Michigan. If we return to Lancaster, we will go back to Lombardo's.

There are newer reviews for Lombardo's Italian American

Reviewed 5 October 2013

This was not our first time at Lombardo's and we were not disappointed. Because Mike Lombardo catered our son's wedding (to standout good reviews) we knew what to expect, but this is maybe the first time we got a chance to sit down in the restaurant for dinner. Everything was wonderful -- fresh, homemade and delicious.

We had mozzarella sticks to begin with, and they were wonderful. Salads are always fun, with the Italian add-ons of salami and olives, and the dressings were great. I had a special dish -- chicken smothered in peppers and garlic, and I couldn't have been more pleased. My husband had a wonderful salmon dish, and my son the meatball sub with a chicken salad. My daughter-in-law had spaghetti with sausage. All of it was great.

We had reservations on a Saturday night, and could have been seated immediately, but we stood around and talked to Mike and waited for our son and daughter-in-law to come. We were very pleased that Mike and the staff took a food allergy of ours seriously -- in fact, Mike remembered it from before. VERY nice.

We were stuffed after the main course, but managed to squeeze in some dessert -- cheesecake and chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. Both were fabulous.

I know there have been some difficult reviews posted in the past by others, but we have NEVER been disappointed by Lombardo's!!!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We went to Lombardo's on a Sunday afternoon around 4:30pm and we were seated quickly. The restaurant was nearly empty except for one other couple. The effeminate male waiter was equally pleasant & courteous.

We ordered a 91 Pinot Noir with an appetizer of tomato slices & mozzarella in a balsamic vinaigrette. The main course was a lasagna with various meats and manicotti including salad & bread. Everything was very palatable & delicious, served quickly and arrived hot.

We paid $68 USD and I tipped an additional 22% for the exceptional service.

I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever and will definitely return.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

On a family vacation we always try to eat Italian because my daughter and grand daughter like it. This was not a good selection. The service was poor and the food barely passable. The salad was the best part of the meal. Spaghetti was watery and the bread extremely cold and dry. The cost for what you get does not justify a visit. I would not recommend.

3  Thank dad2trkloves2travel
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Typical old school Italian food in a quiet setting.

Lombardos is always the "go to" place for the 70 and up crowd in my family. Mainly because the menu hasn't changed in years and it's a quiet place where they can hear the conversation. The eggplant fries are always a crowd pleaser and the drinks are good!

Most people always like their food, but I was very discouraged and disaspointed by the service on our last visit. The service was very very slow. The waitress was a little over the top cocky and loud. I asked for a "dry" salad, absolutely no dressing because of dietary reasons. I got served a salad DRIPPING in oil. My brother and his wife are vegans and after ensuring them that the marina sauce was vegan, she came out halfway through the meal and said "oops, there's cheese in the sauce" Seriously, soooo wrong! That was a line that should not have been crossed, how could you not know what is in your own sauce? And then just say "oops" about it and not offer a discount??

For others though - if you don't have special needs, you'll be happy with the Italian food - I hear the Lasagna is a hit!