“Great atmosphere and authentic Italian dishes”

Lombardo's Italian American
Ranked #155 of 612 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My entire experience at this restaurant was amazing. The decor was beautiful and the service was great. They have a large wine list and a great selection of Italian dishes. The food was delicious and authentic, freshly made pasta! I highly recommend this place to anyone! We will be back!

2  Thank CLHersh

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Hands down my favorite Italian restaurant. Great food and always a pleasurable experience. I eat there often.

2  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Visited today with two family members. Decor is plain and unimpressive.

This place can hold, it appears, up to 250 or so people. But the men's bathroom can only be used by ONE person at a time. UNFORGIVABLE! That is completely inconsiderate to your customers, and you need to invest in an upgrade of your men's room!

When I spend $30 for a meal, I expect to be able to urinate when I need to do so, and not to be forced to stand in line doing the potty dance because the restaurant owner is too cheap to install adequate bathroom facilities. You ought to be ashamed of yourself, Mr. Lombardo. Have some darned respect for your customers, and re-do your unacceptably poor bathroom facilities!

The table service was excellent. Server was polite, attentive, and patient with us.

Home made Caesar salad dressing was delicious on the salad that was included with my meal, and the appetizer of fried calamari was delicious with a wonderful marinara sauce.

My entree was a failure. Small order of linguini with red clam sauce ($14.75). The sauce was rather plain in flavor, and underwhelming. Had this been a $6 plate of linguini with clam sauce prepared in a hospital cafeteria, I'd say it was a success. But for $14.75 at a restaurant with the reputation of Lombardo's, it was an utter failure. Ample pasta, though also not very flavorful, and ample clams in the sauce. Too bad. Not a good dish.

Other members of the party ordered egg plant parm, which they enjoyed, and spaghetti with meat sauce, which they enjoyed. But frankly, I tried the meat sauce and wasn't impressed by that either. My wife's homemade sauce is much better, as is the Olive Garden's.

Speaking of which, save your money, and the stress on your bladder, and go to the Olive Garden, where they have better sauces, more urinals, more reasonable prices. Lombardo's is not a restaurant I care to sample again.

1  Thank PABryce
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have been to Italian Restaurants in Baltimore, NY, Philadelphia and Boston. I have had great meals in all these different cities, but no gravy compares to theirs. Their Cannelloni, Stuffed Eggplant Parmesan and homemade Rum Cake are all excellent. We have recently moved to Florida and have not found any restaurant that compares to Lombardo's. We have been going to this restaurant since 1967 and have always had great service and food and miss it greatly.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I were vacationing in the Lancaster area stopped into Lombardo's. It was a good choice. The food was excellent, much better than any Italian restaurant in our home area in southeast Michigan. If we return to Lancaster, we will go back to Lombardo's.