“Good dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Took the grand kids to dinner after the rides. Good selection of food for the kids' My daughter and I ordered from the Two for Twenty menu and both platters were good. Servers very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

His was an awesome experience.

During our trip the previous experience we had with Applebee's was pale in comparison to this one.

Service was super fast and friendly.

Appetizers arrived within minutes of being ordered, almost like they anticipated our arrival.

The staff was willing to modify the items order to accommodate my food allergies which is not always the case

The main meals were generous portions that left no room for desserts.

Refills on drinks happened quickly and unobtrusively

Great value for the money

Recommend the chicken penne, or the fiesta lime chicken

2  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 16 June 2014

First off, I know better than to order any kind of steak from an establishment that isn't a steak house, so I'm being generous in my "3-circle" review of this most recent experience.

For the first time in years, I've tipped a server seriously less than 20%. I average my tips at 18-22%, but this server is lucky to have gotten just a little over 10%, and I tipped that much only so the server would know that I did know to tip, and understand that I consciously chose a low percentage.

I ordered a steak with shrimp and cheese topping, plus a baked potato. Again, I know better than to order a steak at a place like this, but it looked appealing on the menu. I ordered the steak medium well, and got it medium, which is okay with me (I'd rather have it a little underdone than a little overdone). The steak itself was chewy... very, very chewy. The shrimp tasted like they'd been sautéed a little too long on a griddle. They didn't taste burned, but they certainly were very crispy. My meal came with broccoli, though I wasn't expecting a side vegetable. It was more stem than floret. And to top it all off, the baked potato was only lukewarm in the middle.

The appetizer was the best part of this meal. We did a trio of spinach & artichoke dip, pretzels to dip in a beer & cheese mixture, and mozzarella sticks. Those were all very good and I probably enjoyed the spinach & artichoke dip the best.

Our server did not check back with us at all, and drink refills went unnoticed. The manager was making rounds and was the one who removed empty dishes for us and asked if I needed a box (I did, so I could take the steak home and cook it a little more for leftovers).

The server did return with the check and asked at that time if we wanted dessert. I had my credit card ready and quickly said no. Even at that time, with two empty drink glasses sitting at the edge of the table, we were not offered refills (soda and water, by the way). The server quickly left with the credit card, rang it through, and returned with receipts and my card. There was not even a "thank you" or "enjoy the rest of your evening" offering. He just set it down, explained which copy he needed signed, and left the table again.

Two nights before this dining experience, I'd had dinner with the same friend with me on this occasion at a non-chain establishment and we'd had both an excellent meal and great service for $10 less than the cost of this meal for two.

This lackluster experience further validates why I'm more and more willing to take a chance on a non-chain entity, which has to have good food and service in order to stay in business against chain restaurants such as this.

I'm glad this was not a special occasion meal, because the uncaring service we received would have spoiled the celebration. Oh, and we were there at a time that wasn't crowded and rushed, so that is no excuse for an inattentive server.

1  Thank Jody O
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My friends and I were out on the town and had the terrible idea to dine at Applebee's. What followed may have been the worst dining experience I've ever had. Four of us had the misfortune of ordering steak. What we received may or may not have been beef. It was grey and rubbery with fake "grill lines", and had clearly been nuked in a microwave. While I struggled to eat my friends simply gave up and one walked out altogether and waited in the car. Another friend and I tried to order drinks and were told that despite our being over 21, that because there was not a person 25 or older at the table they could not serve us. I've never heard if this before and have never had it happen at another restaurant. By the end of it all and $75 bucks down the drain I feel as though I was hit with a sack of bricks. Never again Applebee's, never again.

2  Thank Arendai
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The service was great and food like you'd expect from this franchise. Very central location. Plenty of parking.