“Wow, Surprise Excellence”

Ranked #96 of 572 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hunger-N-Thirst is a combination of a Gastropub, Specialty Retail Store, and Bottle Shop. The Gastro Pub features a seasonally changing menu with 24 craft drafts and a wide selection of cocktails and spirits. The specialty retail store focuses on artisan products ranging from cheeses to cured meats. The bottle shop has 400 different kinds of beer available for purchase to go.
Pa
“Wow, Surprise Excellence”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We went here last night for dinner not really having any expectations. Well, first, i will never try to go there again on a weekend without reservations. Who knew? We got there about 6, told it would be an hour, so we decided to wait at the bar. They have a menu of innovative cocktails which is really nice for us non-beer drinkers. We had the Mac n cheese and a cheese plate for appetizers. The mac n cheese was tasty but no where near as good as Lancaster Malt Brewing's. The cheese plate was lovely with some awesome cheeses (however, it should have had a couple more pieces of bread on the plate.) I suggested to the bar tender that they use a chalkboard and write the names of the cheeses so we would know what we were eating, He said that the food runner should have explained it to us so he took the time to explain it to us. Which brings me to the service of the bar staff...unbelievable! It has been so long since I have been to a place that knows what good service is and delivers....they were friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. In short, best bar staff I have seen in years.
After almost 90 minutes and we had not gotten a table yet, the bartender treated us to a round of drinks which was much appreciated.
Their dinner menu is limited to about 5 entrees and one special. We were informed that it changes seasonally. We decided to try the asparagus fries and they were spectacular, crisp and tasty but not overwhelmed with the batter. Our table had the hamburger, the beef cheeks, the Moroccan chicken, and the lobster pasta. All the entrees (except the beef cheeks) came out piping hot although it did take quite a while. Everything was delicious: the Moroccan chicken had a buttery base with a coconut curry spice to it. The veggies were cooked crisp tender. My companions all loved their dishes. The hamburger looked especially great and I was told it was probably one of the best burgers she has had so I will opt for that next time. A really good hamburger is hard to find.
For dessert, we shared a carrot-parsnip cake with wet walnuts and cream cheese frosting, The cake was a little more dense then I prefer but was tasty.
The wait staff was very conscientious as our water glasses were constantly full and empty plates did not linger on the table. I also saw one of the owners bussing tables and the host was very attentive to us all evening.
One complaint I do have is the noise level. It continues to amaze me that people design restaurants with no noise absorbing materials anywhere. The noise level here was not horrible but it could have been more pleasant with less noise.
Overall, a great experience and I will definitely go again....tho I will make reservations first.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank BeasleyKRB

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Drinks! ”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Great place to try new beers on tap and the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable! Was here for a date night with my husband and the bartenders were so attentive, always willing to suggest different drinks etc. Our food was delicious and well presented. I think we found our new favorite spot!

pennsylvania
“Great place to eat and/or grab goodies for a picnic”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I can't go back to H & T for a while. It's murder on my wallet. It's the gourmet shop and the bottle shop that get me every time. The gourmet shop has an amazing Tuscano salami and some excellent cheeses. Also, gourmet chocolates and lots of other goodies. At the bottle shop I stock up on specialty beers for my father who lives in the boonies and doesn't have access to much more than Lager.
The restaurant itself is very nice. Not exactly cozy, more modern. 25-drafts on tap with many seasonal beers. Don't expect one of those big fold-out food menus, but it's all high quality. I had a prosciutto Panini and I just wish it had been a little more meaty. The fries were the best I've had in a while.
I've chatted with the guy in the bottle shop, the one in the gourmet shop, the bartender and the manager and they're all very helpful and eager to answer myriad questions. Now I just gotta save up a little money so I can enjoy my next visit!

Visited December 2013
Conestoga, Pennsylvania
“Beer and Foodies”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I do love this place, with it's long luxurious beer list and delicious apps. It is a nice looking place that sometimes gets too packed on weekends, but is a good bet on the weekdays. I generally love the food, however, the last time I was there I did have some squid ink pasta that was rather chewy. This is pretty much the only blemish on a generally awesome place. I recommend the pretzels, mussels, and all the desserts.

• Visited January 2014
Conestoga, Pennsylvania, United States
“Not my type”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I really didn't find much on the menu, not a big menu. The only thing I liked was the hamburger and French fries. I think that was 11.00 I was still hungry when I left

• Visited June 2013