“One of the best hamburgers ever.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #77 of 567 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hunger-N-Thirst is a combination of a Gastropub, Specialty Retail Store, and Bottle Shop. The Gastro Pub features a seasonally changing menu with 24 craft drafts and a wide selection of cocktails and spirits. The specialty retail store focuses on artisan products ranging from cheeses to cured meats. The bottle shop has 400 different kinds of beer available for purchase to go.
“One of the best hamburgers ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place is a little gem. I love the decor- industrial but not cold. The service was great. I had one of the best burgers ever. The ingredients are marvelous- fresh and bright. Presentation is wonderful. The bar has a great selection of beers (according to my husband). I went three times within two weeks. I will definitely go back.

• Visited January 2014

York, PA
“great small plates selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ate dinner here on a Saturday night @ 6:30PM and by the time we left @ 8:30PM every seat in the place was filled. Great selection of small plates,craft beer and/or drinks. Would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited May 2014
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Very Nice selection of Micro-brews on Tap, along with Wines and mixed drinks. Menus is limited as they have a small kitchen. However, the Burger and Fries are Outstanding and go well with any brew selection. Sat outside on Patio. Very casual, very relaxing. Just North of Town just off Harrisburg Pike on 920 LANDIS AVENUE.

• Visited April 2014
Lancaster PA
“WHAT????...No Salads or Common Sense!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Having heard that the food was good at this fairly new Lancaster restaurant, I went there this week to have lunch. I was awed by their inviting deli offerings and the wide variety of food and cooking supplies, and enjoyed my chat with the owner's Dad. I then went into the very very uncrowded restaurant section and was given a "between" menu by a server who explained, when I asked for a salad, that they don't serve lunch after 2 p.m. and that I could only order a sandwich from this special menu. Interestingly...it was about 1:55 p.m. and I suppose it was so close to the "(sand)witching" hour of 2 that there either wasn't someone in the kitchen capable of preparing a salad which, I suppose, could have been done by simply using some of the ingredients listed in the "between" menu's list of deisgner sandwiches....minus the bread! Since all I wanted was a simple salad I left and am probably certain that I won't return for fear that if I ordered an "iced coffee" the server would advise me that they don't make such drinks. I wish I could comment on the food but since I was able to buy food I guess I won't!

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Pa
“Wow, Surprise Excellence”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We went here last night for dinner not really having any expectations. Well, first, i will never try to go there again on a weekend without reservations. Who knew? We got there about 6, told it would be an hour, so we decided to wait at the bar. They have a menu of innovative cocktails which is really nice for us non-beer drinkers. We had the Mac n cheese and a cheese plate for appetizers. The mac n cheese was tasty but no where near as good as Lancaster Malt Brewing's. The cheese plate was lovely with some awesome cheeses (however, it should have had a couple more pieces of bread on the plate.) I suggested to the bar tender that they use a chalkboard and write the names of the cheeses so we would know what we were eating, He said that the food runner should have explained it to us so he took the time to explain it to us. Which brings me to the service of the bar staff...unbelievable! It has been so long since I have been to a place that knows what good service is and delivers....they were friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. In short, best bar staff I have seen in years.
After almost 90 minutes and we had not gotten a table yet, the bartender treated us to a round of drinks which was much appreciated.
Their dinner menu is limited to about 5 entrees and one special. We were informed that it changes seasonally. We decided to try the asparagus fries and they were spectacular, crisp and tasty but not overwhelmed with the batter. Our table had the hamburger, the beef cheeks, the Moroccan chicken, and the lobster pasta. All the entrees (except the beef cheeks) came out piping hot although it did take quite a while. Everything was delicious: the Moroccan chicken had a buttery base with a coconut curry spice to it. The veggies were cooked crisp tender. My companions all loved their dishes. The hamburger looked especially great and I was told it was probably one of the best burgers she has had so I will opt for that next time. A really good hamburger is hard to find.
For dessert, we shared a carrot-parsnip cake with wet walnuts and cream cheese frosting, The cake was a little more dense then I prefer but was tasty.
The wait staff was very conscientious as our water glasses were constantly full and empty plates did not linger on the table. I also saw one of the owners bussing tables and the host was very attentive to us all evening.
One complaint I do have is the noise level. It continues to amaze me that people design restaurants with no noise absorbing materials anywhere. The noise level here was not horrible but it could have been more pleasant with less noise.
Overall, a great experience and I will definitely go again....tho I will make reservations first.

• Visited March 2014