“A pleasant lunch spot”

Aussie and The Fox
Ranked #24 of 591 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American, Australian, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Family dreamed and owned, Aussie and the Fox creates a bridge between the playful spirit of Australia and the timeless sophistication of the clever fox. Open 6 days a week, Aussie and the Fox offers a comfortable, relaxed cafe atmosphere by day and an intimate, trendy dining experience by night.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Comfortable setting, friendly servers, clever menu, and quality food. We loved the starters: fried cali and inkers (calamari). A fun selection of craft draft beers. The burger was excellent as was the chicken wrap. It was a little expensive and the service was a little slow (but friendly, knowledgable & fun), so I can't give them 5 stars.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and three year old daughter and I went here for dinner and really enjoyed this place. They were great about our special food requests, one dairy free person and one peanut allergy. Our daughter ate an entire bowl of soup and I had Orecchietta Pasta without the dairy and it still had plenty of flavor. The decor is really nice inside and our waitress was also great.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This very stylishly decorated restaurant in downtown Lancaster gives you a taste of Australia without making it seem too exotic. The Australian Pie is a cross between a chicken pot pie and an English Shepard's pie with a golden brown crust and a hearty chicken stew inside. The Orecchietta Pasta with pork sausage ragout, caramelized leek & arugula pesto, grilled zucchini, sweet peas, shaved goat pecorino has a wonderfully fresh flavor meld with a the rich pork ragout. After several visits I have not been disappointed and watching the dishes of other diners pass our table, we make note for meals to try in the future. The restaurant is modern and causal with high-back banquets including two in the storefront windows. There is a nice bar which is always filled with both drinkers and eaters. The sound level is perfect and comfortable. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

A delicious meal. We started with the tomatoes, cucumbers, and goat cheese, and I had the Ahi Tuna for my entree. It was perfectly cooked! I'd never had farro before, but the chef did an excellent job preparing it. If I could have licked my plate, I would have!

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Fan Freaking Tastic!!! This place was amazing the food is cooked beautifully and to only have 8 entree selections proves the level of quality they are producing, it isn't a diner that has 90 selections.