“Awesome and Relaxing”

US$269.00*
and up
Lancaster County Hot Air Balloon Ride
More attraction details
Owner description: Come Up - Slow Down. Come, experience the flight of a lifetime over lush countryside and Amish Farm Country. Our guests have enjoyed this wonderful experience of flight for more than 20 years. Many come back, literally, every season and include their friends and family.
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I purchased a Groupon for a Christmas present. However I didn't realized that the weather conditions and timing were so specific for ballooning. First, hot air balloons have only 2 flights a day, one at sunrise and one at sunset. You need to call 2-3 hours before your flight to check the weather conditions. We got cancelled 3 times due to weather conditions. We tried morning and evening flights. But eventually, we did have a perfect day and got to fly. We had a great time. We were inflight for about an hour. My sister really hates flight in airplanes. But once we were up, she loved it. It was very relaxing. I would go up again in a heart beat. I think an hour was just enough time.

1  Thank IrishmissSouthJersey
"balloon basket"
"private flight"
"wear a hat"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I knew this would be a special experience when our balloon pilot, Laura LiAnne, arrived in character as the Wicked Witch. Dressed in black, green streaks through her long, black hair and glowing green fingernails and toe nails accented her naturally green eyes. As one of the only "wife and husband" commercial balloon teams in the nation, LL and Craig worked together to set-up "Wicked" and prepare the volunteer crew and riders for the flight and chase. It was an absolutely beautiful summer morning at the National Balloon Classic, Indianola, Iowa and my sister and her husband were taking their first ever balloon ride. Laura LiAnne's outgoing personality, enthusiasm and ballooning expertise quickly eased all fears as she launched Wicked into the sky. The ride lasted over an hour as Wicked floated over the corn, soybean, hay and pastures of southwest Warren County, Iowa. Craig and I traveled behind as Wicked covered about 23 miles drifting in the gentle breeze. We tried to anticipate where they would land so we could be there to assist, but as anyone familiar with ballooning knows, Wicked went with the breeze and we were always a mile or two behind. As Craig reminded me, that's why they call us the "chase vehicle".

Laura LiAnne gently lowered the basket onto a gravel lane and with permission of the owners our crew deflated Wicked and packed her away in the van. LL told the story of the beginning of hot air ballooning and, as with all first time riders, treated my sister and brother-in-law with a champagne toast.

I have ridden and crewed with multiple balloon teams and Laura LiAnne and Wicked were the best. Her enthusiasm and outgoing personality quickly endear her riders and anyone watching her in action. She constantly promotes ballooning and Wicked and is a great role model for the young girls who are attracted to her "Wicked" look as she explains to them that they, like her, can "Defy Gravity" if they set goals and pursue these.

3  Thank MWC052
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Fly with the wind and experience the silence of drifting (except when the burners are running). Had a wonderful morning ride earlier this week with Lucas and his team in their 10 person big red balloon. Plenty of room in the basket as we had just 8 riders plus the pilot. We began at dawn on a hot day and drifted for an hour from Bird-In-Hand to Quarryville at altitudes from treetop level to about 4500 feet. The Amish farms were exquisite. Farmers and kids ran out to wave at us. Lucas narrated what we were seeing and described the balloon operation, processes and physics of hot air flight. It was a very hot day but cooler and less chance of a cancellation by doing the morning flight and experiencing the sunrise and seeing God's wondrous earth from the sky. We ended the flight with a precision landing in a parking lot where the crew packed the balloon and basket in their utility trailer. After a drive back to our cars we celebrated with champagne mimosas. We'll be back to do this again.

1  Thank VaTechDad
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Our pilot, Craig and his team were great. They were funny, gave us lots of great information, and made the trip even better than I thought it would be. We left from the Pottstown location, and had perfect weather for a Father's Day flight. I couldn't have asked for anything better from the team. It was amazing!

2  Thank Jaclyn M