“Wonderful Hotel and great staff!!!”

The Hotel Lancaster
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed at the hotel Lancaster a couple of days ago and it was amazing!! The room was beautiful and the staff was so friendly! I was there for one evening. As a single mom I needed a little me time instead of going out with friends and it was absolutely perfect. The manager jasmine was so sweet that she even took care of the room for me!! I highly recommend and the location is perfect for downtown Lancaster!!

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Maisohappy
Tom S, Guest Services at The Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Maisohappy,,

Thank you for such a kind review. We appreciate you staying with us and glad we were able to make your short getaway a happy and comfortable one. We all need time away now and then and we are happy we were able to help you with that.

There are newer reviews for The Hotel Lancaster

Reviewed 7 December 2013

The hotel was open for only a month when we stayed here. Some kinks need to be addressed in the near future such as no cable TV on the 9th floor and an incident where two strangers entered our room with THEIR room key! This security breach was unnerving. If planning a stay here, keep in mind that overnight parking runs about $10, either in the adjacent parking garage or at street meters. Breakfast includes breads, jellies, two cereals, OJ, yogurts and muffins.

Room Tip: If assigned a room on the ninth floor, request a room that is away from the elevators. On this top f...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Tom S, Guest Services at The Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Basilico,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience at The Hotel Lancaster. As you know we only opened a short time ago and reviews like yours are very important to us.

We are aware there were some television challenges during one of our recent weekends. As soon as it was reported to us we moved forward with troubleshooting. Unfortunately it was on the part of our service provider and was beyond our control. I assure you the problem has been addressed and solved.

As far as someone walking in by mistake on your we can not apologize enough. There is no excuse for that. We have looked into this and taken steps to ensure it does not happen again.

We do not have a lot of the "extras" a lot of hotels have for their continental breakfast because we consider our breakfast a Lancaster County Continental. All of our items are made locally. This makes it difficult sometimes to get some of the items. Our normal breakfast consists of breads, muffins, cereal, granola, yogurt, orange juice, coffee, milk, apples, bananas, but, jelly.

Obviously our explanation does not change the experience you had. I would like to personally discuss this with you further in the hope that you will give us another chance to show you the kind of service and product we have so much pride in.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I am not the kind of person who demands luxury or royalty treatment at all, but when staying at a hotel I do expect to be treated with honesty and courteousness.

I stayed at this hotel for a night. After arriving home the next day, I noticed I had left behind a valuable item, and felt pretty, pretty sure it stayed in the room. After two calls, a couple of *promised* callbacks, and finally talking to the manager who seemed to be uninformed of the situation, they reiterated that they hadn't found anything in the room. However, I've always felt extremely certain that I in fact left the item there, and could even specify the place where they should have found it. Of course, things can happen while traveling, but aside from my extremely clear recollection and the fact that the item never left the room during the stay, I had my luggage untouched and always with me until I got back home, so misplacing or losing it on the way back were not viable options. What happened to it? I have a clear idea, of course, but all I will say is that I am very skeptical of the type of people who work here, and can't help but question their honesty.

On top of this, I felt like one of the staff members acted very condescending toward me when I informed him (in a friendly way) that the outside machine that opens the front door after hours wasn't working well, since I tried to open it by inserting my card multiple times and wasn't having any luck. He told me I wasn't doing it right, and that I "should just get some rest." I was just trying to help, and FYI sir, I saw that another guest was having the same issue before, a piece of information I did not mention.

I really don't like to spend money staying at a place and in return feel like I am treated with disrespect and dishonesty.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ts_nav
Tom S, Guest Services at The Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you ts_nav for taking time to review your stay with us. We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay and the service you received while staying with us.

As you can see by previous posts we pride ourselves in the service we provide ALL of our guests and that is a huge emphasis to all on our Team.

When you initially called about your lost item we immediately went to look for it before the room was even cleaned and did not find the item you believe you left behind. Our Head Housekeeper has over 20 years of experience and we are sorry to hear that you question her honesty and integrity. Our General Manager also went into the room to check and still found nothing. We really wish there was more we could do to assist you in finding your missing device.

I was the person who was at the desk when you were attempting to get into the outside door with your key. I am sorry you mistook my words for condescending, I was simply trying to get an initial diagnoses on the door lock problem before I went to look at it. A key being used upside down or backwards is quite common unfortunately. I immediately went out and checked the door and it worked with no issue at all with the key card I used so we are not sure why your key was having a challenge. As far as telling you to get some rest, it was extremely late at night and it is common for us to tell our guests to get some rest or good night before they go to sleep. Usually this gesture is received appreciatively and we apologize that you did not take it that way.

If you would like to discuss this further with us I would be more then happy to speak with you. Please call the hotel directly and just ask for me.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel has had a nasty recent past with lots of bad press. We needed a hotel for one night in Lancaster without spending a lot of money. Only part of the building is open as they continue to renovate one floor at a time, and we were on the top floor. Don't expect luxury, but this hotel was just fine.

The woman at the desk was helpful and efficient. The room was clean and plenty big. Beds were comfy and the bathroom was fine. The only drawback was some traffic noise, but that is to be expected since the hotel is right downtown. You can walk to everything, and we did.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, but not that many rooms are open yet.
3  Thank 518Harry
Tom S, Guest Services at The Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you 518Harry. We are happy you were able to be here with us and that we were able to make your stay a comfortable one. Please come back and see us again soon. There are still many more exciting changes to come.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The Lancaster opened November 1st. Previously it was the Brunswick, a good central downtown hotel in its heyday but one that went downhill. I stayed in the Lancaster for its first two nights of operation. The new owners and the staff understand hospitality and are alert and helpful. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and reasonably priced. The new lobby is spacious and a good place to relax or work at a table. I stayed at the Brunswick many times in past years and am very glad that the Lancaster restores and improves on the best of how it was.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank John G

Thank you for the positive words John G. We hope you come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect when I booked this hotel last minute for a quick overnight business trip in downtown Lancaster. This hotel was a bit cheaper than the surrounding one's and I only needed one night, so I figured one night wouldn't be bad. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this older hotel was. They are doing some renovations and from what I could see it looks good. The room was very clean and nicer than I expected. A great value as this hotel was quite a bit less than some other nearby hotels. Overall I was pleasantly surprised, and would stay here again. Note-you do need to pay for parking in the garage next door.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Diane R

Thank you Diane R. We are happy your stay was a pleasant surprise. As you know we are still making changes so we hope to pleasantly surprise you on your next trip to Lancaster as well!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Heard about this new hotel so my wife and I decided to give it a try. Everything went well and we were happy with friendliness of staff, size of rooms and high ceilings, comfort of bed, good selection of channels on TV, convenient to everything downtown, great wide open lobby with free WIFI and continental breakfast.

Good value and will be staying again.

Room Tip: For travelers, parking garage is across the street and if traveling by train, hotel is located about...
5  Thank Mark G

Thank you Mark G. We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your stay. We look forward to your next visit.