“Very Friendly Hotel”

The Hotel Lancaster
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I booked the Hotel Lancaster because it was close to the venue where I was seeing a band. The hotel staff were very friendly and told us about good places to eat. The hotel was clean and the room was clean. If I had one thing to say it would be that it is a smoke free hotel. Other than that I had an enjoyable time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jeanie M
There are newer reviews for The Hotel Lancaster

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel is a terrible choice. I am usually pretty easy going and relatively easy to please but I have never been so poorly treated in such a poorly run place. First off, they would not honor a pre-arranged group rate - the owner would not get off a nearby couch to even talk with us and the other manager would not come down to the front desk from an upstairs office. Really poor/non-existent customer service! The linen was dusty. The carpets were stained. The window was filthy with bird poop on the outside. It was also terrible quality so we listened to noise from the bar down the street all night. The television was tiny with poor reception. One day, they made one bed but left the other unmade and only half the room cleaned. Both days, they did not take out the garbage. The elevator outside our door was very noisy and stopped randomly on floors. The staff does not seem to know the basics about customer service. Save yourself a terrible, sleepless night and book somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank LisaMM1997
Tom S, Guest Services at The Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Ms. LisaMM1997,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are sorry to hear you feel you received terrible service. As you can see from previous reviews that is one of our main focus, good customer service.

We are sorry you feel that we would not honor a pre-arranged group rate. Typically when we block a group of rooms there is a required cut-off date for guests to book their rooms in order to receive the group discount. During your conversation with one of our managers on the evening of your check-in about the rate, one of the coaches for your teams was present and stated there was a block of 20 rooms and had you booked on time you would have been able to receive the group rate as it was first come first serve. When the coach decided to move things around and put you in one of the already blocked group rooms you were informed at that time that it was past the cancellation for your original reservation and would be charged the cancellation penalty. It was mention you were going to stay Sunday evening and would it be possible to just move the reservation there which was done.

I personally inspected the room you stayed in and did not see any stains in the carpet.

I am not sure how your room was only cleaned half way since your Do Not Disturb Sign was up for the days of your stay making it impossible to get into your room to clean it. Our Housekeeping Manager made several rounds throughout the day inspecting rooms and notes all Do Not Disturb Signs and the time of day they were on. Before they leave the floors each day, they verify Do Not Disturb Signs.

Ms. LisaMM1997, I was prepared to speak with you about this at check-out but, you dropped your keys off and left. I would sincerely like to discuss this further with you if you could contact me directly.

Tom Showalter
Guest Services
The Hotel Lancaster
717.394.0900

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This hotel was very inviting with wonderfully helpful staff and cozy clean rooms. A continental breakfast was included with homemade/artisan breads and muffins and other breakfast items ... just enough to start the day. The entire hotel was very clean and well kept, the rooms were well appointed with very comfortable beds. Our visit was associated with the AQS Show which was a short two block walk away, The Hotel Lancaster made this a truly enjoyable trip with easy parking and easy access to restaurants and other points of interest. We enjoyed our stay and will make this an annual destination.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Barbara G
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My wife and I came for the blues thing in Lancaster, which some of the music wasn't really blues, but that's for a different review. We only live about a half hour away but decided to get a room so we wouldn't have to drive and risk being pulled over. The rooms weren't anything spectacular but they were nice, clean, and had some of the best pillows I've ever had in a hotel. The workers there are really nice. I wish I could remember names but all I remember is the left handed guy, he was hilarious. I commented about him being left handed when i saw him write our room # when we checked in because my mom is left handed too. He was great. The best part was the owners themselves were walking around and talked to us. The place has only been open a few months and they don't have all the bells and whistles but since we live close we probably won't stay there again but we will recommend it to my wife's family. Oh please let my in-laws stay there and not here.

3  Thank nodbot
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed here while attending the Lancaster Roots and Blues Festival. The prices were fair. The location was good for our purposes. The room and bathroom were clean. The staff was friendly. The complimentary coffee in the room was terrible and the free breakfast was below average. We asked the front desk staff to recommend a good breakfast place and were sent to a horrible "cafe" nearby where the food and service were just terrible. However, the hotel served its purpose and we have no real complaints.

2  Thank EastVillageDenizen
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Had a great weekend in Lancaster for a Roots & Blues Festival over the weekend. The check-in was smooth and the staff is very friendly & hospitable. The rooms are clean & the beds were super comfortable! The first room I went to was directly across from the elevators and it was very noisy due to the movement of the elevators as well as several guests in the hallway. I called the front desk and they moved me to a different floor and a corner room down the hallway which was much better! The location of the hotel is perfect, we had a short walk to all music venues and lots of restaurants.The hotel offers continental breakfast & there is complimentary coffee throughout the day. They have opened just a few months ago so there were only a few floors of rooms open in addition to the main lobby area, but you can tell there is work being done to expand both their services & accommodations. Will definitely stay there again! Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are noisier, avoid room near elevator.
4  Thank Kel M
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Hospitality is what they serve here. The entire staff was friendly and helpful from the time I walked into the building to the time i left. The place was perfect for what I needed -clean room and comfort for a business trip. The hotel was close to many restaurants and attractions and I took advantage of that both days I was in Lancaster. I think the staff really care about the guests, the hotel and the town of Lancaster. Not a lot of amenities offered now but i get the feeling that more will be coming in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business