“Price not so good after paying for parking.”

The Hotel Lancaster
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Summit Point, West Virginia
“Price not so good after paying for parking.”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Ok, to start, the staff was quite nice to us, and understanding of our disappointments. No issue there or with the appearance of the room or lobby. Very nice.
Please be aware of some things. To start, we usually stay in the national chain motels, but have stayed in these fancy downtown places enough to know you just don't get the perks you get with a cheap motel. Not without paying anyway. So I suppose it was my own fault when I read "convenient parking" that I didn't delve further. It is convenient for sure, but hardly included in the price of the room. Go in and out a few times and it will add up to about the same as the $15 overnight charge.
The TV was laughable, really, even the cheapest places have new flat screens with remotes that work well. Refrigerator, yes--hey, where's the microwave!! No microwave to heat our leftovers for breakfast because oh my, when they said 'continental breakfast' they meant it. Except for toast and coffee, it was all cold fare. Nothing like the cheap motels now offer. So, of course, there was no microwave even there so we could heat our food.
Of course the fact that we were not left coffee, etc, and that the pot was dirty and had old coffee, truly could have been a one-time oversite. But what a pain to go down from the 9th floor for coffee.
We would not return to this hotel, but rather, stay at the Hampton, Travelodge, or just some other roadside place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank BJNS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Greek first
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Was really disappointed with the hospitality of the staff. Were kind of unconcerned n not really apathetic to the inconvenience of my stay. It was like I was getting on their nerves when I brought things to their attention that where the hotels issues.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank evangelistt
Maybrook, NY
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

The area is great, very city like. A different side of Lancaster for sure. Friday night was very noisy outside, we must've been facing a club or bar with loud music. The hotel does not have parking, so you must park in a lot or find parking in streets. Also the breakfast was quite disappointing , it was continental and not appetizing at all :( our room also had a very old tv and some channels didn't have good reception. Not fun. The good parts was location, it was very clean and staff seemed nice enough.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank VJSF
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I recently had family members come into town and needed to help them find somewhere to stay. I knew that the Hotel Lancaster had recently been renovated so I was a little leery about sending them there. Due to the very fair price my family decided to stay there and were very glad they did. The staff was very pleasant, the rooms were clean, and the location is great to get to all the fun downtown spots. I am very glad I now how a nice, affordable option that I can gladly recommend my family staying at.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Skcotter1
Reviewed 31 May 2014

What a great hotel. Clean, pretty furnishings, really quiet (we were across from the elevator and ice machine and heard nothing), very friendly and helpful staff. Thanks Tom!

Being downtown is much more interesting than being out in Amish Country.

We will most certainly be back.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank TeamCooke
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I loved, loved, loved this hotel, it was clean, comfortable, and completely accommodating. The staff was great and totally helpful as well. The best part is the location, it's surrounded by great restaurants, bars and the Central Market. Stay here

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LauraGPeas
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I arrived on the friday b4 memorial day & stayed until Monday morning. The room was extremely comfortable, clean, and well maintained. The staff were very professional and accomodating. I'd definitely go again if I had to stay in Lancaster. The location was ideal beacuse of the buzzing night life in the area a lot of great restaurants and bars that are a lot of fun.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 9th floor so I didn't hear any noise from the street level. The hotel doesn'...