Courtyard Lancaster
Country Inn
US$109
ComfortInn
US$176
Country Inn of Lancaster(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
US$178
Red Roof
US$99
US$122
Hotwire.com
Fulton Steamboat Inn(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
US$118
Travelocity
All reviewsstarbucks coffeefront desklobby barbusiness tripthe sofa bedamish countryeasy accessking roomwould stay here againdutch wonderlandfridge and microwavei highly recommend this hoteloff the highwayvery nice stayclean roomsbuffet breakfastconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2013

This hotel provides a good experience overall. The lobby area is very active with meeting and eating locations. The evening offered a full bar and a knowledgable bartender, who suggested a great restaurant a short drive away. I thought the breakfast offered included a variety of healthy options. The rooms were well equipped and the workout room was very nice as well. The swimming pool was closed for renovations during my stay, but overall, I was pleased with this offering. The only thing I would change would be to suggest towels that were a little more plush! Overall, very good!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jlearn
Jeremy G, Manager at Courtyard Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear jlearn,

I truly appreciate you sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor Community. We here at the Courtyard by Marriott strive to make every stay a positive and memorable experience, so we are very pleased that we were able to accomplish this during your stay. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our healthy food options offered in our Breakfast Buffet and Bistro. I also wanted to let you know that we have finished our renovations on our pool so the next time you stay we do hope you take full advantage of this amenity. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we do hope that you stay with us on your next trip to Lancaster!

Reviewed 10 February 2013

After traveling through the snow, we were warmly greeted at the Courtyard by Marriott. To our pleasant surprise, we stayed in a newly renovated room. They are currently working on renovating two more floors of their hotel Our room was very comfortable and had a very efficient layout. The decor was modern and the room was clean and inviting. Our room faced the morning sunrise although we would have never known this by the window treatments that kept the room darkened. Although we did not dine at the bistro, it was nice to know that there was food on the premises if we cared not to venture out in the winter cold.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kcompoundsouth

Dear kcompoundsouth,

We thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with the TripAdvisor community. It’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy their stay with us! We are very proud of our new layouts and we are glad that you find them comfortable and inviting. We do hope the next time you stay with us, you will take advantage of our Dinner offerings in the Bistro and enjoy some of our delicious Starbucks coffee. Again, Thank you for your testimony and we do hope that you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

The hotel was disappointing especially since we paid more for this hotel than others in the area, and expected more. Yes, the hotel seems to have been upgraded (the room was clean and upgraded) but it ends there. Breakfast was not included -- they charge $10.95 per person for a mediocre, at best, limited breakfast buffet (and some cooked items were truly gross). Otherwise, you can buy individual items at the Bistro. We tried to swim but the bottom of the pool was filthy. There is no excuse for that. Normally we take our own shampoo etc. with us when we travel but for the first time we decided to just go with the hotel's supply. That was a mistake. Yes, they have Paul Mitchell products but they give you 1 teeny tiny shampoo and conditioner (.7 oz) Really? One squeeze and you are done. There are no amenities for Gold members. There were absolutely no amentities justifying the higher cost for this hotel. We could have stayed at the Marriott/Fairfield Inn (which included breakfast) and/or had better value/amenity choices elsewhere in Lancaster for significantly less money. We won't stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hipNJmom
Jeremy G, Manager at Courtyard Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Dear hipNJmom,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. I would first off like to apologize that your stay was less than extraordinary. The Bistro is a new addition to the Courtyard brand that we received during our lobby renovation in April of 2012 which features Starbucks coffee. We were one of few Courtyards that were also able to keep our breakfast buffet which gives our guests the option of an all-u-can-eat breakfast, or a made to order platter or sandwich. A large bowl of oatmeal with craisins, walnuts, and brown sugar is less than $4.00 and tastes great. I am disappointed to hear that you purchased something from our hotel that you were not satisfied with. I am happy to say that as of Friday the 1st of February, our pool has been completely resurfaced and is looking as good as the day it was built. What was perceived as dirt on the bottom was actually the plaster deteriorating and some iron stains. Our maintenance staff tests the pool daily and we have a company come in and test the pool weekly and we haven’t yet failed one of those tests for water quality. I do agree that it appeared dirty and that is the reason we decided to resurface it. The number of shampoos, soaps, etc. in each room is dictated by Marriott. We realize that they are almost single use sizes which is why we keep a lot on hand to deliver to our guests if they need more than what is in the room. A quick call to the front desk would have as many as you need delivered right to your door. With all of that said, it is still clear that you were not satisfied with your stay which to us, is not acceptable. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your recent stay and figure out a way that we can make it up to you. The number that you can reach me at is (717) 393-3600; just ask for Jeremy Geib. Again thank you for sharing your experience and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

I always write a pros/cons list when staying at places and there weren't too many cons here.
We stayed here for what I felt was a fair rate. The rooms have been renovated recently and are nice- they even offer recycling which I love when hotels offer.
There was a nice seat in the shower to relax in and the lighting in the room was great- I don't comment on lighting often, but Marriott's lately have seemed to updated their lighting in rooms and it is really nice.
A beautiful courtyard that was really well kept, as well as the hotel in general.
After seeing the high price of their breakfast I went right down the road to a place that has the greatest Sticky Buns I've ever had. It is a little rig set up by the Visitor's Center- can't remember the name now, but you can't miss it, nor should you- GREAT!
Will stay here again when in the Lancaster area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lovetotravel001_9

Dear Lovetotravel001_9,

We thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor community and us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our renovations are a success in your eyes. The sticky bun rig that you mentioned is called “Mr. Sticky” and they have the best sticky buns in Lancaster. While you did not have breakfast with us, its always great for our guests to enjoy one of our greatest local treats. Again thank you for sharing your great experience and we hope that you come back soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Hotel is fine, clean, quiet with recently renovated lobby and restaurant/bar. But the king-size mattress felt old, and the heat was excessively noisy. The hide-a-bed mattress was in terrible condition. No free breakfast. In fact they ask $10.95 for an average breakfast buffet. On the flip-side, the coffee was great. I'd return but maybe better hotels in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom F

Dear BeMySamaritan,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor community. We are glad that you liked the renovated lobby and restaurant/bar. I apologize for the state of the bed and the sofa bed. I can tell you that we are currently in the process of renovating our rooms which includes brand new sofa beds, so we would love for you to come back and tell us what you think. We strive to make every guests stay extraordinary, and any thing less is troubling. I would love to get a chance to speak with you about your stay. The number that you can reach me at is (717) 393-3600; just ask for Jeremy Geib. Again, Thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.