“Great experience.”

Courtyard Lancaster
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Stayed 3 nights, Saturday-Tuesday. Very nice hotel. Easy check in/out. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Food was very good at the Bistro (I had the tomato and cheese flatbread pizza, twice). Parking lot was well lit and clean.
Location was good. Not too far from attractions, shopping and restaurants. Even though this hotel is located in an industrial park, it's far enough off the road that you don't here any traffic.
Will stay there again.
(Only problem was that Clothes Dryer out of order.)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 900Paula2011
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Lancaster

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Hotel has tons of awards & they are nice and it is clean, HOWEVER, since our son was going to be gone for a week on a school trip, and having hectic schedules for travel hockey, hockey tryouts, school, track, orchestra & etc., I decided to travel with my husband for work and just relax, catch up on reading/movies and sleep in for the first time in years. We decided to rent only one car, as I was looking forward to relaxing in our room, watching movies and just being at the hotel and not on the go for the whole week! Needless to say, it's barely 1/2 over & I've been miserable! I only brought my iPad, thinking I didn't need my computer for movies and reading and have been stuck and completely frustrated that the Satellite TV and no channels are working in the room - unless you like the sound and picture to cut out continuously every few mins for a minute at a time! I then resorted to watching movies on my iPad, only to find their wifi constantly being interrupted! THEY HAVE OFFERED NOTHING, NOT EVEN A DISCOUNT FOR MY INCONVENIENCES! Who knows if others have been so busy and ignored the inconveniences, but I am more tense, frustrated & irritated than when I started my mini hiatus - I'm going to have to go on vacation when its all over! We also have had to go to a bar or grill every night to view Stanley Cup games because we can't even watch those - even though, for the first time ever, every game is available on NBC channels with any provider! I'm so disgusted and angry that they only apologize & don't even offer me a free bottled water and they tell me that they are looking into it and its just an unfortunate inconvenience! We are even considering checking out and moving hotels. Thanks Courtyard Lancaster for ruining my long awaited and planned R&R that I have been so excited to have for months! Your customer service and no solutions. and just saying sorry is not a solution at all! So unlike what we experience with Courtyard or Marriott for the past few decades. Must be time to switch to another brand!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank CbusHockeymom
Jeremy G, Manager at Courtyard Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear CbusHockeymom,
I made an effort to contact you a few weeks ago through a TripAdvisor message and have not yet heard back. I unfortunately have no other way to contact you without your name or phone number. We take our customers’ satisfaction very seriously and I was hoping to have the opportunity to discuss your experience personally and work on a resolution. I appreciate you sharing your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to see exactly what our guests’ are experiencing. I do hope to have the opportunity to speak with you soon. I can be reached at 717-393-3600 at your earliest convenience.

Jeremy Geib
Hotel Operations Manager

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Upon arrival, you are greeted by friendly and courteous staff that make check-in a breeze. The rooms were in great shape, quiet, and the beds very comfortable. Internet access was fast and easy to connect with. I enjoyed the up to date televisions and the ease of viewing from the bed. The bathrooms were clean and well stocked with towels and toiletries. In all, I'd give this hotel an excellent rating.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mio L
Jeremy G, Manager at Courtyard Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear Mio L,
Thank you for sharing your “excellent rating” with the TripAdvisor community! We are pleased that you not only enjoyed your stay, but that we were able to wow you with our customer service and property. We hope that you were able to enjoy our newly renovated pool and have dinner in our bistro as well. Thank you again for your review and we hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Definitely one of the nicer Courtyard's we've stayed at. No complaints. Probably will skip the breakfast buffet next time....same things available for free at most hotels but other than that we'll stay again. Nice place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank michael32849
Reviewed 23 April 2013

The furnishings were fresh looking and the carpets clean. The bed was a bit stiff but the pillows had enough variety that you could find one to suit. The room was small for a king room with only a small space to step out of bed on the left side and at the foot of the bed. Also the area with the fridge and microwave was so small as to be almost useless for food prep. The pool was open and a good temperature but it is very shallow only 3 to 4 feet deep and the length was short, so swimming laps is more of a knee drag. There is a very nice garden area off the back of the hotel. The free coffee is hiding behind the elevators in the lobby and I found it to be less bitter then the Starbucks they sell. But then I am not a fan of Starbucks coffee.

Room Tip: If you are planning on having more then two people in the king room and using the sofa to sleep on b...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VNE83
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Courtyard by Marriott is doing REALLY well. We've been staying at them here and there when not looking for "luxury" or "resort." The staff at Lancaster was so incredibly pleasant, responsive. JOSH--at the front desk you were great!!!! Room was quiet and the beds and bedding was very comfortable. We slept great. Did not do the bistro thing, but looked very good. The cleaning staff was always busy, I noticed one lady picking a tiny piece of paper up off the ground. The employees take pride in their jobs and it shows. Great experience for a quick weekend get-away.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jersey_Jet_Setter
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We recently traveled to Lancaster, PA to attend the Beach Boys concert at American Music Theatre. The last time we came to Lancaster we stayed at another hotel off busy Rt. 30 that is rated very highly on TripAdvisor. Although its a nice hotel we didnt get much sleep due to the commercial road noise. This time we decided to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott and requested a room on the main level away from highway noise. When we arrived, we were greeted by a very friendly front desk staff which acknowledged us by name and as being Marriott Reward Gold level members.

The most pleasant thing about our stay was we were given a main floor room at the end of the hall facing the back end of the hotel as requested. It was the quietest room we have ever slept in!! Not one bit of noise from the road or outside in the hall way. My husband commented it was the most restful nights sleep he had gotten in a hotel in a long time. The only negative was that I felt the room price was a little high for the season ($151.00 AAA) but otherwise it was a very pleasant stay. We always eat breakfast at a favorite diner down the road so I cant comment on the hotel breakfast but the restaurant/bar area looked nice.

Room Tip: Request a room at the end of the hall facing the back of the hotel to avoid highway noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank outback1319

Dear Tinadog1,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We also would like to thank you for your continued patronage to the Marriott brand of hotels. It truly pleases me that we were able to meet your expectations and better your trip. We hope that the next time you stay with us, you will be able to enjoy our Bistro Breakfast. We are also open for Dinner from 5pm to 10 pm daily. Thank you again for your response and we look forward to your next stay with us.