“Clean and convenient to Lancaster” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Lancaster

Courtyard Lancaster
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Clean and convenient to Lancaster”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here one night to attend a show at Sight and Sound. Check in was smooth and we found our King room clean and comfortable. Everything worked as advertised. It was convenient to everything in Lancaster. Would not hesitate to stay again. Even though the main higway was in sight the noise was noticed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MSHS1974

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights while visiting the Lancaster area. For some reason, Google Maps could not navigate us to this hotel to save its life. After circling around a bit (fortunately it was daylight and we could actually see the hotel in the distance) we finally figured out how to get there. The reception area was nice and the staff was very friendly. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable.

One note: The hotel is located in the middle of an office park on the outskirts of downtown Lancaster, about a 5-10 minute drive. It's about a 10-15 minute drive to most of the Amish attractions along route 340.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rwj999
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

After a LONNNNG day on the road, the Courtyard was a welcome sight after dark.

The front desk staff was hospitable and friendly. We had reserved one of the King suites (Room 402) for our family of four. The suite was spacious and it was nice to have a separate sitting area for the kids with a separate TV. The microwave and refrigerator were nice as well.

We were STARVING but there are NO RESTAURANTS nearby other than McDonalds so we decided to hit the Bistro in the lobby for dinner at 8:00PM (later than most would). I wish I would have caught the lady's name who was working the Bistro at that time on 3/31... I hope management reads this and is able to identify her for kudos. She was AWESOME. Very friendly, very helpful. She made our night! My husband was very hesitant to eat at the Bistro... he's very picky about food... but even he was impressed with the quality. We ordered the Hummus plate with veggies for an appetizer. I had the Turkey BLT, he had the Chicken Ciabatta Sandwich, my son had the Burger, and my daughter had the kids turkey sandwich from the Bistro kids menu. With the appetizer and juice for the kids and beers for my husband and me the total came to $60.

We were the only ones in the lobby/dining area that late at night on a weeknight and the kids enjoyed the TV in the booth. The employee working the Bistro was very cordial and checked in on us to see what else we needed and was very friendly in taking the time to talk to my young daughter when she approached her.

The Bistro experience was an A++++
The front desk staff were A++++

Unfortunately the accommodations didn't live up to the staff...

When we got back to the room to relax and sleep we were very tired and unfortunately the beds were VERY uncomfortable. As a Marriott rewards member, I'm used to high-quality Marriott beds and this just didn't fit the bill. The king bed in the bedroom was very hard and uncomfortable, and my son said the sofa bed was like sleeping on the metal rails. It was like sleeping on the floor! We decided to shorten our 2 day stay to 1 day and move on to our next destination earlier than planned because we couldn't bear the thought of sleeping in those beds again.

THEN... after a sleepless night and paying extra for the rate which included breakfast, we tried to redeem our breakfast vouchers at the Bistro the next morning and the woman was very rude with my son and would not allow us to use them at 10:01, saying that they were done serving at 10:00... so our money was wasted in that we paid for something we were not allowed to use.

When I'm in town again I won't be staying here, even though the evening staff was top notch.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank snlewis715
Jeremy G, General Manager at Courtyard Lancaster, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear snlewis 715,
I am thrilled to hear that the beginning of your stay exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed your evening Bistro experience. Many of our guests enjoy the convenience and quality of the food in our Bistro as well as the Starbucks coffee and specialty drinks. When it comes to bedding, there is unfortunately not a perfect firmness level for all guests and the worst part is that it takes a sleepless night to realize the mattress won’t work for you. We have solutions that can make our beds firmer, or softer to accommodate the needs of our guests. As an alternative to the sofa bed, I would suggest requesting one of our rollaway beds which is an actual twin mattress which is more comfortable than the sofa bed. I am most disappointed by the response you received at breakfast when arriving just after the posted closing time. We encourage our co-workers to always try and find a way to avoid saying “no” to our guest’s . In this situation, even if it was a half hour after closing, the staff should have checked to see what was still available to be prepared for breakfast. We admittedly missed our goal on this service experience and will use this as a training opportunity to make sure a similar situation doesn’t ever happen again. I appreciate you sharing your experience, both great parts and opportunities for improvement, with the members of TripAdvisor. I will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can earn back your trust in the Lancaster Courtyard.
West Caldwell, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was a great hotel for my Lancaster stay. I was there to see my nieces in a dance competition. The downtown Marriott, where the competition was being held, and all other downtown hotels were full due to the competition, so I reluctantly had to stay on the outskirts of town...and I'm glad I did. This hotel was great! Inside there was a Starbucks and a small bar. Food and drink were available until midnight. Staff was great. I was traveling alone so I chose to take a taxi to the downtown Marriott for the competition (about $12 one way...still much cheaper than staying downtown). I'm glad I did as there would have been nowhere to park downtown. The best part was that it is right off Rt 30 making it very easy to get to and very quick and easy to get back on the road when departing!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank bwo80
nj
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

we recently spent the weekend at this hotel and, all things considered, it was a bit pricey given the time of year. we had a standard double-queen room and i was really quite surprised that the rate was as high as it was, given that other nearby hotels were much more competitive. i chose to stay here based on previous reviews -- and it did live up to the hype. it appears to be brand new, and everything was very clean and well appointed. beds were comfortable and the proximity to route 30 was good. other than that, i'd probably pass on the option to stay here again given the cost:value ratio.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank da_jm
Jeremy G, General Manager at Courtyard Lancaster, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Da_jm,
I would like to thank you for sharing your review with the members of TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you trusted the previous reviews of our hotels made reservations with us. While we understand there are always a variety of hotel options that may be lower in rate, we are confident that we can provide an experience that leaves our guests satisfied and if an issue does arise, we go above and beyond to make it right. Our co-workers and customer focused service set us apart from our competition. Thank you again for sharing your review and we look forward to seeing you again.
Crownsville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

This trip was a Christmas gift for my husband -- tickets to see Vince Gill at American Music Theater. (That will be another review!) Courtyard was perfect location, 10 mins from AMT and close to downtown historical Lancaster, Strasburg (RR Museum and beautiful Amish farms). Just a lot, a lot to see and do in the area. The hotel -- has just been refurbished in the last year. I know that because I asked how old the hotel was, it looked brand new! They have an indoor pool, and a gym that is open 24 hours. Courtyards now offer breakfast and bistro-style lunch and dinner. Not a huge menu, but enough to satisfy. Also have an after 5 p.m. bar which is nice to come back to. Hotel staff very friendly and professional. The rooms were roomy, bright, clean and oh those Marriot beds! :)

Room Tip: We got a senior citizen and a AAA discount.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Etta B
Medford, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is a relatively new Courtyard Marriott. We stayed here for a weekend volleyball tournament over the MLK weekend. The hotel location is in a corporate complex right off the intersection of Rt 30 & Rt 222 near Best Buy (which is great if you forgot your phone charger). It is a few miles away from the Lancaster outlet area, so it is not too congested. The rooms were spacious and clean. The lobby and small counter restaurant & bar area has a variety of seating options with circular booths and tables. The restaurant serves real Starbucks coffee with Venti / Large cups :) and offers the usual buffet and individual ordered breakfast items. I never ate there for lunch or dinner, so cannot comment on it. The hotel was very accommodating to the volleyball teams and opened a back meeting room, so the girls and families could socialize and eat together.

For lunch & dinner in the area, I do recommend a few nearby places: Isaac's Deli (they even have on-line ordering, which is good for teams) and two brewery restaurants: The Lancaster Brewing Company and the Lancaster - Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tlcksnyder
Jeremy G, General Manager at Courtyard Lancaster, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear tlcksnyder,
As a host hotel for the MLK Volleyball Tournament every year, our team strives to be as accommodating as possible for the traveling teams and families. I am thrilled that our hotel surpassed your standards. Our new lobby concept has proved to be a winner for large groups and the addition of Starbucks Coffee in our Bistro is a great perk for our guests. I hope that your team will come back to stay with us next year! Thank you for sharing your pleasant experience with us!