“Excellent Stay”

Courtyard Lancaster
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Excellent Hotel - got to hotel early for a wedding. Had no problem checking in early. Room was very nice and spacious. Bed was comfortable. Hotel bartender was very friendly... Plenty of fast food restaurants around. we really didnt look for anything else.
Would recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Jeremy G, General Manager at Courtyard Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Ladderman301,
It is so great to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. We work with many wedding groups, essentially making them ‘our weekend specialty.’ We try whenever possible to check our guests in early upon request and although we cannot guarantee it, we do our best to work with our guests regarding early check-in times. I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your favorable opinions with us.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Lancaster

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We usually don't stay in a Marriott but this hotel changed our minds. It was beautiful and clean. The pool was great and the fire pit and the outdoor area were great too. The room was spacious and clean. The lady who greeted us at check in was really friendly and took the time to talk to our 3 year old. Very convenient to Lancaster area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear aloha08,
Thank you so much for your positive comments. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your stay. It is nice to hear that your entire family (including your 3 year old) felt at home. I hope that we able to ‘wow’ you in the same way some time in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We only stayed here because we had a free night promotion. I called the hotel a few days before arriving to see if they could make the bed more comfortable. From past experience I found the Marriott mattress hard and uncomfortable. I was tod that the mattresses are nine years old. They did their best but the mattress was too old, lumpy, hard and just as bad as usual. I do not understand why Marriott does not consider the importance of a comfortable bed the highest priority. Of course, they will say everyone is different but there are other hotels in the area with very comfortable beds. Nice hotel but I think since you are paying to sleep there, the mattress should be more important than decor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glc21
Jeremy G, General Manager at Courtyard Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Glc21,
I want to thank you for sharing your review with the members of Trip Advisor. I agree that the quality of rest our guests receive has a lot to do with the matress. It is hard to find the right firmness that will suit everyone which is why we have methods to make our matresses either firmer or softer if needed. I am pleased to see that you rated the level of service and cleanliness of the hotal a 5 out of 5. We try very hard to make every aspect of your stay enjoyable. Thank you again for sharing your comments with the members of TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here one night to attend a show at Sight and Sound. Check in was smooth and we found our King room clean and comfortable. Everything worked as advertised. It was convenient to everything in Lancaster. Would not hesitate to stay again. Even though the main higway was in sight the noise was noticed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MSHS1974
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights while visiting the Lancaster area. For some reason, Google Maps could not navigate us to this hotel to save its life. After circling around a bit (fortunately it was daylight and we could actually see the hotel in the distance) we finally figured out how to get there. The reception area was nice and the staff was very friendly. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable.

One note: The hotel is located in the middle of an office park on the outskirts of downtown Lancaster, about a 5-10 minute drive. It's about a 10-15 minute drive to most of the Amish attractions along route 340.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rwj999
Reviewed 1 April 2014

After a LONNNNG day on the road, the Courtyard was a welcome sight after dark.

The front desk staff was hospitable and friendly. We had reserved one of the King suites (Room 402) for our family of four. The suite was spacious and it was nice to have a separate sitting area for the kids with a separate TV. The microwave and refrigerator were nice as well.

We were STARVING but there are NO RESTAURANTS nearby other than McDonalds so we decided to hit the Bistro in the lobby for dinner at 8:00PM (later than most would). I wish I would have caught the lady's name who was working the Bistro at that time on 3/31... I hope management reads this and is able to identify her for kudos. She was AWESOME. Very friendly, very helpful. She made our night! My husband was very hesitant to eat at the Bistro... he's very picky about food... but even he was impressed with the quality. We ordered the Hummus plate with veggies for an appetizer. I had the Turkey BLT, he had the Chicken Ciabatta Sandwich, my son had the Burger, and my daughter had the kids turkey sandwich from the Bistro kids menu. With the appetizer and juice for the kids and beers for my husband and me the total came to $60.

We were the only ones in the lobby/dining area that late at night on a weeknight and the kids enjoyed the TV in the booth. The employee working the Bistro was very cordial and checked in on us to see what else we needed and was very friendly in taking the time to talk to my young daughter when she approached her.

The Bistro experience was an A++++
The front desk staff were A++++

Unfortunately the accommodations didn't live up to the staff...

When we got back to the room to relax and sleep we were very tired and unfortunately the beds were VERY uncomfortable. As a Marriott rewards member, I'm used to high-quality Marriott beds and this just didn't fit the bill. The king bed in the bedroom was very hard and uncomfortable, and my son said the sofa bed was like sleeping on the metal rails. It was like sleeping on the floor! We decided to shorten our 2 day stay to 1 day and move on to our next destination earlier than planned because we couldn't bear the thought of sleeping in those beds again.

THEN... after a sleepless night and paying extra for the rate which included breakfast, we tried to redeem our breakfast vouchers at the Bistro the next morning and the woman was very rude with my son and would not allow us to use them at 10:01, saying that they were done serving at 10:00... so our money was wasted in that we paid for something we were not allowed to use.

When I'm in town again I won't be staying here, even though the evening staff was top notch.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank snlewis715
Jeremy G, General Manager at Courtyard Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear snlewis 715,
I am thrilled to hear that the beginning of your stay exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed your evening Bistro experience. Many of our guests enjoy the convenience and quality of the food in our Bistro as well as the Starbucks coffee and specialty drinks. When it comes to bedding, there is unfortunately not a perfect firmness level for all guests and the worst part is that it takes a sleepless night to realize the mattress won’t work for you. We have solutions that can make our beds firmer, or softer to accommodate the needs of our guests. As an alternative to the sofa bed, I would suggest requesting one of our rollaway beds which is an actual twin mattress which is more comfortable than the sofa bed. I am most disappointed by the response you received at breakfast when arriving just after the posted closing time. We encourage our co-workers to always try and find a way to avoid saying “no” to our guest’s . In this situation, even if it was a half hour after closing, the staff should have checked to see what was still available to be prepared for breakfast. We admittedly missed our goal on this service experience and will use this as a training opportunity to make sure a similar situation doesn’t ever happen again. I appreciate you sharing your experience, both great parts and opportunities for improvement, with the members of TripAdvisor. I will be in touch with you shortly to see how we can earn back your trust in the Lancaster Courtyard.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was a great hotel for my Lancaster stay. I was there to see my nieces in a dance competition. The downtown Marriott, where the competition was being held, and all other downtown hotels were full due to the competition, so I reluctantly had to stay on the outskirts of town...and I'm glad I did. This hotel was great! Inside there was a Starbucks and a small bar. Food and drink were available until midnight. Staff was great. I was traveling alone so I chose to take a taxi to the downtown Marriott for the competition (about $12 one way...still much cheaper than staying downtown). I'm glad I did as there would have been nowhere to park downtown. The best part was that it is right off Rt 30 making it very easy to get to and very quick and easy to get back on the road when departing!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo