“Pheasant Run Farm, a beautiful Lancaster country setting”
Review of Pheasant Run Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
Pheasant Run Farm
Ranked #12 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“Pheasant Run Farm, a beautiful Lancaster country setting”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Pheasant Run Farm is a lovely bed and breakfast converted from an 1809 barn, on the outskirts of Lancaster.(10-15 minutes) The owners took great pride in restoring this building, maintaining the wood beams, stone walls, and barn doors. The rooms are exquisitely furnished with antiques, and tastefully decorated with a "pheasant" theme throughout. The powder room even has a Kohler pheasant sink and toilet! We stayed in the Henry and Anne room, comfortable king bed, fireplace, whirlpool tub, and balcony overlooking the garden.
And what a beautiful setting! I can see why it is such a popular wedding venue. The grounds include a lovely garden, horse corral, waterfall, twig gazebo, and soon to be converted shed (gentleman's fox hunting theme).
Bob and Vivian are wonderful hosts, providing information and tips about Lancaster. We enjoyed the delicious homemade breakfast served at 9am, and thanks Vivian for the baked oatmeal recipe. We loved staying at Pheasant Run Farm!

Room Tip: Henry and Anne has king bed/balcony/fireplace, and on first floor wing.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karigirl

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Conestoga, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I held my small wedding at Pheasant Run Farm in late Sept. I was more then we could have asked for. The owners were on top of everything contributing to the whole day, making any stress nonexistant. Polite and knowledgeable when it comes to a party. We felt like we could have had more poeple without more work. The panoramic views are perfect for pictures the weather was excellent. The room for the night was beautiful. Breakfast in the morning was divine. Croissant French toast! I will recommend everytime time it applies for parties or overnight getaways.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank JDLapp
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My husband and I had at our wedding at Pheasant Run this summer. We are so happy we did! It's truly a beautiful place and Bob and Vivian couldn't be more helpful and kind. My bridesmaids and I stayed there the night before the wedding and the rooms were so beautiful! The breakfast the next morning was also delicious. We plan on going back next year to celebrate our anniversary! I really have nothing but good things to say about Pheasant Run. Thanks Bob and Vivian!!

3 Thank LindsayGriffith
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Thanks to Bob and Vivian for a wonderful experience at Lancaster. Its an excellent b/b with great hosts. We had a wonderful 2 days at the b/b ..loved the scenic beauty of the farm..the breakfast was excellent...the place is very clean..beautiful...really well maintained...Vivian took care of our vegetarian needs too...Shes just the PERFECT host. Has great conversations with both Bob and Vivian..hoping to go back soon!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PrabhaNitin
South Pasadena, CA
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Our schedule enabled us to stay for only one night in Bob and Vivian's gracious accommodation, but it was the highlight of our driving tour across the length of PA. An early 19th-century barn has been ingeniously converted into a spacious and welcoming b/b, with bedrooms upstairs and a cathedral-like family room downstairs. We stayed in Violet's bedroom, very comfortable, beautifully appointed and quiet. A most restful night was followed by a stroll of the bucolic grounds in the morning, and a wonderfully prepared breakfast by Vivian in the dining room.

The sense of serenity of the the Farms’s location is most remarkable, as it is just south of Lancaster but the area’s farmland and surrounding trees seem to place this environment far from any suburban sights and noise. Not merely a place to spend the night, but a destination in and of itself.

2 Thank TangWong4
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I looked at all the top-rated b&b's in the area while planning a surprise anniversary trip for my husband. I finally settled on this one, and I am SO glad I did! We had a truly lovely experience. The restored 1809 barn is so tatsefully renovated, and the stone work is incredible! The property is gorgeous, with fountains, horses and a beautifully landscaped yard and patio area. Bob and Vivian were warm and made a scrumptious breakfast that accommodated my vegetarian and lactose-free needs. One of the reasons I booked this place was that the Henry & Anna room has a king bed, which we prefer. So many places only have queens. Henry and Anna's room was a large suite with a balcone thet overlooks the property. It's next to the kitchen, which I was a little concerned about, but Bob and Vivian cooked breakfast in their house (which is next door) and brought it over to the b&b, so there was no morning cooking noise to disturb us! We were greeted upon arrival by their charming daughter and granddaughter who gave us the tour of the barn. Anotehr thing I loved about this b&b is that there aren't chotchkies (STUFF) everywhere! So many b&b's are too full of THINGS, but this one is more elegant. It was the perfect anniversary get-away! Also, we had dinner at the John J. Jeffries restaurant which I HIGHLY recommend!

Room Tip: Henry and Anna's room has a king bed!
3 Thank ncmtngirl1998
Dallas, pa
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Bob and Vivian have a great place and are very hospitable. We couldn't imagine a better place to have our wedding, and we've since returned just to visit. The breakfasts were amazing, and the grounds are kept in amazing shape. I'd definitely recommend this place if you're looking to visit Lancaster or having a wedding!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple