“Great Creative Space”

Lancaster Arts Hotel
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 26 March 2011

I spent a weekend there to getaway and get some work done and it was the perfect space to relax and get some work done. I got the wine package and was very impressed with the cheese and fruit tray and the wine and gift bag.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel and if I'm back in the are I will stay again

1  Thank TravelingButterflyy

Reviewed 23 March 2011

I always use trip advisor to search for a place to stay on my business trip. Sometimes I wonder if some of the reviews are a setup, because after making reservations, I sometimes wonder what others really experienced. I want everyone to make sure that this is a true and real review. I was looking for a hotel and the Lancaster Arts Hotel caught my eye and the reviews were great, so I emailed and asked for a room and rate and if they could work with me since I was there on business. I received an email back right away and worked with getting me a room. There was a convention in town and only had a suite left and had given it to me for the cost of a regular room. Darcy couldn't have been more helpful. The hotel is beautifully decorated and loved the local artists' work. The bathrooms are awesome and very clean. The favorite part was my bed.....it was the best. If I could take it home with me I would. The linens were fabulous.
There was a sketch pad in the room and only wish that I had more time to take advantage and put some of my thoughts on paper.
The breakfast was very nice in the morning with plenty to choose from. I also, enjoyed the parking garage. Only wish I could have stayed longer.
This hotel is the best and I travel one to two weeks out of the month and have stayed many places and I can truly tell you that this is one of the best places I have stayed. If I am back in the area again, I will surely stay at the Lancaster Arts Hotel and also am planning on a little get away to the area and will look forward to staying at the hotel for pleasure this time.

1  Thank travelcrazy1129
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Reserved "deluxe queen" for a weekend getaway. The photos of the exterior and lobby are spot-on. I expected to the room to match the picture on the website with brick walls, but my room was actually part of an addition to the hotel and situated above the parking garage. If you are expecting to stay in the original part of the hotel, be sure to ask before making a reservation. The room itself was large, new, and spotless. If I didn't have a different expectation I would have been very impressed with the room.

The hotel restaurant was hit or miss. The first night we arrived 15 minutes before closing and they provided delicious food, including a stuffed portobello mushroom. We went back the following night when we had more time because we were so impressed. The duck, prepared medium rare at the recommendation of the chef was so tough, it was practically unchewable. I'd still be be there right now attempting to eat it if I hadn't decided to stop eating half way through. Not sure if this was an exception to the norm, but I'd consider giving the restaurant another chance.

Complimentary breakfast was delicious, and we couldn't get enough of the breakfast burritos. Coffee was full-flavored and hot, and the other continental breakfast standards were right-on.

Room included free parking, free wifi internet, free computer access in the lobby.

Again, phenomenal appeal of this unique hotel. Just make sure you nail down exactly which room you're reserving, and be willing to roll the dice on the restaurant which lacks consistency. Compliments to our maids for doing an absolutely stellar job.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jumbos
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Great room--had everything I needed and I am picky. Lovely brick walls, hardwood floors, exposed beams, french doors to the bathroom. Bathroom was large, products were good. Comfortable desk and chair for working. Flat screen TV. Full length mirror in the armoire. A rose at the end of every evening was a nice touch after long days in meetings. TRY the cheese at the no-charge breakfast buffet. It literally stopped me in my tracks--and I was stressed and rushing to a meeting. Did not go to the restaurant, but had dinner at the bar 2 nights in a row. Food was fantastic and the wine list was nice. Wish they had expanded room service--although forcing me to eat out wasn't a bad thing. They also could have had more wines by the glass. The business "center" was not the greatest, but the meeting room had art on the walls--that is a plus. :) I did not check out the on-site fitness room but the hotel offers complimentary access to the Y which is right across the street.

1  Thank HappilyTravelin
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Check-in was extremely quick and easy. Beds were very comfortable. As soon as you walk in the room one of the first words that will come out of your mouth is "WOW!" Very nice looking room, the couches could be a little more comfortable. The jacuzzi was very roomy and comfortable. On the bed is a very pretty rose and some chocolates very nice presentation. The bathroom is pretty cool it's an open shower and a heat lamp so it's not as cold as soon as you get out lighting was nice in there too. THE ONLY COMPLAINT is that we were not informed of the extra charge in case the jacuzzi or room was damaged. That was highly upsetting because they already had our card on file and charged our card so I believe if there was a problem they could charge after they found any damages. I got the room because it was very fairly priced and to find out afterwards about an extra charge wasn't too pleasant because luckily we had enough money to continue on our trip an extra 2 hours away and staying somewhere else. Otherwise great hotel, but ALWAYS ask questions as to extra fees or charges definitely found that out the hard way. It wasn't refunded until a week later which is slightly more angering.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GidgetBoo
Reviewed 18 March 2011

My 16 year old daughter and I stayed at the Lancaster Arts Hotel for the YMCA NJ State swimming champs being held at F & M College. The rooms was spotless and well taken care of. We enjoyed the proximity to the college. Very nice complimentary continental breakfast. Only downside is they charge you half a days room fee for late checkout. Most hotels will give you to 3:00 or 4:00 gratis especially if they aren't booked for the next night.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank thisisabigpain
Reviewed 15 March 2011

This is a great place to stay for business or pleasure. The hotel is not too big, but big enough. The rooms are beautiful, and the beds are the most comfortable beds I've slept in. The bathroom is full of spa soaps and lotions. The shower is strong and hot, and everything is very clean.

My clients enjoyed the pampered treatment without breaking the budget.

And the bar is one of the nicest hotel bars I've experienced.

I'll stay there again next time I'm in Lancaster!

1  Thank Jeanette E