“Homey away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Whitestone, New York
“Homey away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was my second stay at Lancaster Arts…. because my first stay was so very lovely, I decided to return. This gem is perfectly located for the work I do in the area. The staff is extraordinary-- so helpful and attentive to every need. They go the extra mile to be sure your stay is beyond satisfactory. The room is simple, elegant and the beds have been so comfortable. Everything is clean and I love the artful decor and the attention to detail. My room overlooked the water feature for the outside patio of the restaurant..nice to hear the fountain running… I will definitely return on my next trip to Lancaster.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank QuantumTraveler25
Inspiration_Manager, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Arts Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear QuantumTraveler25,

Thank you for taking time to review the Lancaster Arts Hotel! As a repeat guest, we appreciate the kind words! I am happy to hear that our staff & customer service exceeded your expectations, and you were very pleased with the cleanliness of your room, and our attention to detail. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

EAguirre@LancasterArtsHotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I recently stayed 5 nights at the Lancaster Arts Hotel for a business trip. My entire stay was AWESOME... the entire staff is Fabulous!!!!.... This was my first stay... and they WOW'd me!... From the complimentary breakfast, the complimentary turn down service each night - including a ROSE and CHOCOLATE!!!... Besides the fact that hotel is gorgeous (art!)... During my stay - I cancelled my next two stays at a hotel closer to my job and made the reservations at the Lancaster Arts Hotel (further away - but TOTALLY worth it!)... Looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Kimberly H,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Lancaster Arts Hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to do so! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed some of our amentities, such as our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast each morning, complimentary turndown service (with rose and chocolate for every guest), and the general aesthetic of being a converted 1881 tobacco warehouse. I am very happy that the staff exceeded your expectations! Thank you again, and we look forward to your upcoming stays with us!

Cleveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

It was a lovely hotel. Love the exposed brick and how they saved the building. The downside was that the walls seemed pretty thin. At least in the old part of the building. I heard lots of noises and it was hard to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear ssncl,

Thank you for your review of the Lancaster Arts Hotel! I am glad to hear that you seemed to enjoy your overall stay with us. I want to apologize if you had any noise issues during your stay. We can always try to move guest rooms, if available, or accommodate any requests, such as higher floors, away from ice machines, noisy neighbors, etc... when we are able to. Hopefully we will see you again!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We were here for a wedding in May. Very pretty hotel with a good bar and nice employees . Room 218 was the noisiest room I've ever stayed in. It was next to the maid supply room, near the laundry, and had a lot of road noise. We couln't change because the hotel was full.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Beached56,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lancaster Arts Hotel! While I am pleased to hear that the aesthetics and customer service exceeded your expectations, I want to apologize if your stay with us was below satisfactory. We always try to accommodate guest requests, to keep away from housekeeping, or on higher floors, to our best ability, and should you choose to stay at the Arts again, please feel free to contact me directly. We do hope you will give us another try!

Clearfield PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

The hotel is beautiful! But, the walls are very thin and the air conditioner did not work. We did contact the front desk about air conditioning at 10:30 when we returned after supper and they offered to move us or reset the air. Since it was so late we opted to have the system reset but it never did work. At 12:00 my husband knocked on the wall and told the neighbors to turn down their television, which they did do. We were woke up again at 3:00 a.m. from noises from the same neighbors. Probably will not stay again because of the noise issue.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tddunc
Inspiration_Manager, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Arts Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear tddunc,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lancaster Arts Hotel! We are happy that you found the hotel to be in convenient location and aesthetically pleasing. I do want to apologize if your stay with us was not what you were expecting, as we want all of our guests to have a wonderful experience. When maintenence issues occur, we do the best to our ability to resolve them as soon as possible. Room moving, if availabile, is sometimes the only option, in certain circumstances, which is why it is offered. We also ask that the front desk is notified when ever there is guest-to-guest issues, such as noise, so we can resolve them promptly & professionally. We never advise guests to attempt to resolve personal issues on their own. It is unfortunate that your experience was not up to our standards, but please feel free to contact me directly, should you choose to give us another try, which I hope you do.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

The Lancaster Arts hotel is truly a gem you have to check into to believe. From the staff at the front desk to the sweet ladies cleaning your rooms, you can't go wrong staying at this hotel. It's a bit pricier than the Marriott Downtown but the experience is well worth the stay.

Modeled after an old tobacco factory, The Lancaster Arts Hotel pays homage to artists and diversity. There are different art prints all around the hotel in the dining room, the front desk lounge, your room, and the halls on each floor. If you wanted to pay a pretty price, you can even BUY these artworks to take home with you.

The rooms were cleanly and comfortable, with large bathrooms and excellent water pressure. Not 15 minutes after we got upstairs, one of the clerks at the front desk called to make sure out room was to our liking, double-checking for any problems.

They are even awesome to give you free passes to use at the YMCA just across the street. You also can't go wrong with the free complimentary breakfast they offer you in the morning.

If you're an artist like me, you can sketch in the drawing oaf they have in your room and put it in the scrap book downstairs at the front desk. :) They will happily accept any drawing you have to offer.

If you're getting drinks at the bar too, I'd say the cocktails are reasonably priced considering how fancy John J. Jeffries (the bar/bistro) feels.

Once again, I have to thank the staff for a wonderful stay. The only issue I will say we had was some awful noise that sounded like the cleaning trolley banging on the old, metal, sliding door on the second floor. I am not quite sure. Hopefully they will improve that.

Other than that, our stay was wonderful and we will return most definitely. Thanks to Kristin, Dominic, and the young lady working the day shift when we arrived on the 24th (I'm sorry, I can't remember her name! :( )

• Stayed April 2014
Dear MadameHatter,

Thank you so much for your review of the Lancaster Arts Hotel! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am very happy to hear that you took advantage of some of the amentities we have to offer, such as our complimentary YMCA passes, complimentary deluxe continental breakfest, on-site chef-owned John J Jeffries restaurant, & sketch pads for guest use. The metal cart noise you experienced is something I will be investigating, to see that it's not a regular occurance. Again, many thanks and we hope to see you again in the future!

Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Yet again we all enjoyed our stay at the Arts. Comfortable rooms, albeit a bit small. The art displays throughout are delightful. Great for location for visits to F & M.
All staff were very friendly and helpful. Great new coffee shop out back-mean cup is well worth a visit.

One disadvantage of the charming wood floors is the noise factor- sounds travel easily.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Inspiration_Manager, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Arts Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Travelers-4MA,

Thank you for reviewing the Lancaster Arts Hotel! We are happy to hear that as a repeat guest, you had another enjoyable stay with us. We are conveniently located to Franklin & Marshall College, as well as various dining and shopping options, such as Mean Cup. The hotel does offer eight different room types, and size does vary between them. Due to the nature of being a tobacco warehouse, no two rooms are exactly alike. We look forward to seeing you in the future!