“Nifty place to stay”

Lancaster Arts Hotel
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Adjacent to three great restaurants: Jeffries, the Fenz and Checkers and the new YMCA. Free use of the YMCA, free internet, free parking and continental breakfast. Breakfast is the weakest part of the offering but there is a coffee shop with better food nearby. Staff is extremely helpful and there are many nice touches, including a red rose in a vase, blue glass water bottles, wine refrigerator, art works, huge bathroom, etc. Awesome mattress.

Room Tip: Do not want to give away my secrets!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Inspiration_Manager, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Arts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Elizabeth M

Thank you for your lovely review of the Lancaster Arts Hotel! I appreciated you pointing out some of the complimentary amentities we have to offer. Our deluxe continental breakfast includes a spread of breads, pastries, fruit, breakfast burritos, waffles, cereals & oatmeal, yogurts, and more... and I apologize if that was not suitable to your liking. We are indeed very close to numerious great restaurants, boutique shopping, art galleries, etc, and I am happy that our location pleased you. We do hope to see you again!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The room was clean and unique. The chocolates they left were yummy and the roses they left were a nice touch. however, the walls were thin and at 1:30 am when other guests decided to have a loud party and scream you could hear everything. I called down to complain after I asked the party to be quiet. The front desk told me it was a wedding party and they couldn't do anything. The screaming lasted for two hours and the staff did nothing despite the numerous calls. My friends were staying on the fifth floor and they could hear the screaming from the 3rd floor

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Fiona1485

Dear Fiona1485,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lancaster Arts Hotel. I want to truly apologize if your stay with us was less than what you expected. There is a procedure that the front desk does follow when there are noise issues, and if you would like to discuss specific details of your stay, please contact me directly.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay. The rooms are beautiful and the art was fantastic. The front desk even had a sign out that they had complimentary tickets for the local AAA baseball team (The stadium is just steps away) We only wish they had told us there would be fireworks that night. We could have seen them from the front entry. Hotel is nearby to several interesting restaurants, we could only pick one.

Room Tip: Front of hotel can see fireworks from nearby Stadium
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear EMD711,

Thank you for your review of the Lancaster Arts Hotel! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! I apologize if you were not aware of the fireworks - sometimes we aren't either. Fireworks depend of the length of the game -- and they can also be cancelled if a game goes too long. I am delighted that you enjoyed the aesthetics and some of the amentities we have to offer, and I do hope we see you in the future!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have been staying in this hotel while doing family research. I LOVE the historical building, the artwork and the special touches such as the long stemmed red roses given every night and spring water. There are little refrigerators in the room which are so handy to have. I have a king room in the historical section of the hotel. It is quiet and the bed is so comfortable.
I had dinner tonight at the John J Jeffries restaurant downstairs. I wasn't starving so I ordered the shrimp risotto. It was fabulous! The waitress Heather was sweet and so helpful. She had the entire menu memorized which was quite a feat since it changes constantly. The food is all fresh and local and I would highly recommend eating there!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Inspiration_Manager, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Arts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear LifeisaBeach1111,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of the Lancaster Arts Hotel! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our nightly turndown service, Saratoga waters, and wine refrigerators are only some of the complimentary amentities we have to offer, along with having an on-site, chef-owned restaurant, John J Jeffries. We are so pleased to hear that you found your stay to be quiet and relaxing for your needs. Thank you again!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel is beautiful and comfortable and the staff gives 5 star service. We really enjoyed the art and decorations. Everything in the room was lovely, from the wall art to the lamps and accessories. Turn down service and daily water bottles were a nice touch. We stayed for 3 nights and I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbie J

Dear Debbie J,

Thank you so much for taking time to review the Lancaster Arts Hotel! I am so pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations in both accommodations & customer service. Thank you for also mentioning our complimentary turndown service, which we offer for every guest, including a rose and chocolates. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I stayed the weekend for our 5th wedding anniversary! AMAZING hotel, the staff was very helpful and polite ... the bed was phenomenal seriously the best night sleep either of us had ever had! We opted for just a deluxe king room - the room was very spacious and well decorated. The restaurant down stairs was an added bonus the separate bar was great for a few drinks before turning in! We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Inspiration_Manager, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Arts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear JSawtelle,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lancaster Arts Hotel! We are delighted that you chose to spend your anniversary with us! I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations & took advantage of our chef-owned on-site restaurant, John J Jeffries. Thank you again, and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We heard great things about this hotel but it disappointed. The front desk staff was surprisingly dismissive and not welcoming, anything but inspiring (as they say). They rarely even looked up and greeted you when entering the hotel. Rooms were ordinary and beds were soft like they have been used for years. The air conditioning was down for a day so the temperature in the room exceeded 80s. The only positive thing I can take away was that the housekeeping staff was friendly and helpful; the front desk staff should take a note from them. Overall, the hotel is overrated and we would have rather stayed in a Marriott. At least they understand service.

Room Tip: Don't pick a deluxe Queen; they are anything but deluxe.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JRodB10
Inspiration_Manager, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Arts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear JRodB10,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lancaster Arts Hotel. I do want to sincerely apologize if your stay with us was below satisfactory. We want to exceed expectations of all of our guests, and it seems like that was not the case. I can assure you that our rooms are not ordinary -- as we feature local artwork throughout each room -- and the majority of our rooms include exposed brick & wooden beams original to the 1881 tobacco warehouse property that we are. We are a luxury boutique hotel and we pride ourselves on customer service, aesthetics, location, and amentities that we offer-- and if you like to further discuss any specific issues, please feel free to contact me at the address below.