“Ripped off for holiday price, but otherwise very nice”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Baltimore
“Ripped off for holiday price, but otherwise very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2008

We wanted to spend New Year Eve and Day in Lancaster, a two-night stay. I found a coupon on travelcoupons.com for $34.99 a night at this location. I called the location, and he told me that he would not honor the coupon, and he would charge me $49.99 for 12/31, and that he could honor it the following night (1/1). I though $15 extra was not too bad. But when I arrived, the clerk told me that the night of 12/31 would be $65.

I tried to argue, but he was determined to win. Though I had coupons to other motels in town, I did not feel like searching for another, and besides, I would probably have not found a better price elsewhere. It was this problem alone that has kept me from giving the property a 5-star rating.

The room was immaculately clean. It was fully equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, and had wireless internet access, everything we needed to feel comfortable for our stay.

If you receive a room in the rear of the building, it is spooky there at night.

• Liked — The refrigerator, microwave, and internet access, all in an immaculately clean room, for a very low price
  • Disliked — The deception in price for the holiday night
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank colorknit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2007

I booked a stay in this hotel and had to cancel by phone from the road. The hotel lost the cancellation, charged my credit card for the ENTIRE stay and will not refund. Because I was on the road I didn't write down the cancellation # and I may not get my money back because of their insistence that this was not their fault.

Be VERY VERY VERY CAREFUL making and canceling reservations with this hotel.

Stayed June 2007
3 Thank mom10001
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Knights Inn Lancaster PA
Econo Lodge
#30 of 39 in Lancaster
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lancaster
Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!