“DO NOT STAY HERE DUMP ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The rooms are not what are online advertised. We booked with Expedia to get the room with jet tub. When checking in we were informed that room is not available and can't be booked on line?? Took room given and found out the rates including the pet fee was more than told to us when booking as well. The whole experience was so misleading. A real scam!! Got to the room and thought we were going to get sick. There is no picnic or area for pets, only a dingy parking lot with high weeds and gravel. The room smelled of mold and mold covered the bathroom which was not cleaned. Bugs in tub and flies all around. Non smoking sign on door but ashtray in room with a smoke detector that did not work. Bathroom light flickered and made sizzling sound. Other lamps had cords frayed and taped. Chairs, bedspread torn. Holes and patches all over walls. Spit over the mirrors. Towels full of brown and yellow stains. Microwave burnt marks all over. Carpets very dirty and decor very trashy nothing matched, everything torn and stained. Never stayed more than an hour and wanted to leave. We were told very rudely there were no refunds and the best that could be done was a one night refund. We were charged one night and a high pet fee, not the one given when booked online. The only reason for refund is we said we would report this. We had to find in the middle of the night another place which was near impossible on a busy weekend and with a pet. We should have not had to pay anything and I would like my money back!! Don't false advertise and blame someone who books for you and say it is not available when you even have the same picture on the counter.... That is False advertisement!!!

Room Tip: Never book here if you don't want to bring bugs or anything else home with you!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank midastech69

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Do not stay here!!! I have stayed at plenty of ABVI n this by far is the worst..The rooms are dingy that carpets are dirty and make you feel something will grow on ur feet.. There were roaches and about 6 flies in the room.. The sheets had stains the pillows were flat and the bed was so uncomfortable.. There was a few dead bugs on the walls. I asked for a.late Check out and they said no because they needed the room but we were the only people there. They had no working irons or hairdryers. The in room Phone didn't work.. it was just the WORST!!! Pay the extra money and get your money worth because this place sucks!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LAURA C
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The room did not have an enclosed closet, only an exposed rack with some hangars. There was a hole in the wall. There was no lamp or outlet at the desk next to the TV, which made work with a laptop computer very inconvenient. The alarm clock was positioned not near the lamp next to the bed, but on the opposite side, where it was very difficult to see. All rooms are labeled non-smoking even though some allow smoking. The wi-fi never worked for my laptop or smartphone, despite the manager's efforts. The front desk was rude when I asked for a courtesy extra hour to check-out. The manager when I checked out disputed my concerns with wi-fi, even when I told him I was dissatisfied with the room and would share my dissatisfaction with others. In all, an unacceptable room. Cheap is the only thing going for it.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from Harrisburg Pike, which has lots of noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Michael J
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My family and I always stay at this America's Best Value Inn (formerly the Soudersburg Motel) when visiting Lancaster. The changes they have made (fresh paint, new bedding and decor) have been for the better. The motel itself is quiet and clean, and the folks who run it are friendly and courteous. It is convenient to all the major Lancaster attractions and shopping, and on the quieter end of Lincoln Highway - a good spot for light sleepers. The continental breakfast is a small one, but it certainly adds to the overall value of the stay. Will we return? Definitely.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Joe M
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We called the hotel directly. Our quoted price was $80.00 plus tax. We verified the price and informed the hotel we have 2 children ages 14 and 17 and were told they would be FREE and confirmed this numerous times with the person we spoke to on the phone. Once we got there we were told our children would not be free even though we were told they would be. When we asked why we were told they would be free the answer we were given was that it didn't matter what we were told.

When we booked our room we asked if we could get adjoining rooms with a door that connected them, we were told we would get those rooms. When we checked into our room it was NOT adjoining and when we asked about it we were told they were given to someone else and we couldn't have the rooms we booked.

When we booked our room we asked if we could get a block of rooms blacked out because we were part of a wedding, and everyone wanted to stay at the same hotel. The people from the wedding that called after us were given higher quotes than us because they were part of the wedding.

I would advise against staying here at all costs.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here unless you absolutely need to.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Michele L
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I booked and paid a room with a kingsize bed through hotels.com.

When i arrived about two hours later that room was sold and the land lady said she did not receive any confirmation from hotels.com and thay only had two king size bed rooms in any case.

I might lose the money I paid, or in the least go to a lot of effort to recoup.

Room Tip: No good room. Typical roadside motel. You get what you pay for, if it is available.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StevenVanZyl
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed here recently for four nights and am pleased to write a good review. I found the owner and his family to be friendly and helpful, giving me directions to local eateries, etc. My room was clean and fresh-smelling, the bathroom facilities clean and adequate to my needs, the bed clean and comfortable. The price charged was very reasonable for a good, basic motel with free parking and convenient location. If I were to be in this area again, I would definitely stay here. Frank B.

Room Tip: Rooms in back quieter and face playing fields. No elevator for 2-storey motel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo